Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-10-2015, 06:14 AM   #1
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
How to Clean Wheels - Exterior Car Detail Parts 5, 6, 7

The next part of the Exterior Car Detail Video Series is here, and it's time to clean those wheels!

There's two methods of cleaning wheels nowadays, using a iron removing wheel cleaner like Sonax FE, Wolfgang Uber, Meguiar's Dub etc. Or cleaning a wheel without an iron-removing wheel cleaner ie using a dedicated wheel cleaner, an APC, or a soap. Although similar, I have made videos on both of these methods because I wanted an exhaustive list of videos in this series.

Hope you enjoy!

Iron Removing Wheel Cleaner - Part 5:

Non-Iron Removing Wheel Cleaner - Part 6.

Before and Afters for Iron removing and Non-iron removing wheel cleaners:

As always, thanks for watching!

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Thanks for sharing these video's, the use of proper ppe when using wheel cleaning chemicals is often overlooked, glad to see you stress it's importance!

If that's actually tar on the face of that one wheel, you can use vegetable oil on a paint brush, let soak overnight.

If that doesn't completely remove it, WD40 left on for about a minute should remove the rest.

Thanks again for taking the time to make and share your video's.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 04-10-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Thanks for sharing these video's, the use of proper ppe when using wheel cleaning chemicals is often overlooked, glad to see you stress it's importance!

If that's actually tar on the face of that one wheel, you can use vegetable oil on a paint brush, let soak overnight.

If that doesn't completely remove it, WD40 left on for about a minute should remove the rest.

Thanks again for taking the time to make and share your video's.
Yeah, unbelievable to me what some people do without gloves or any protection so had to stress it!

I was actually thinking about lubing it up with onr and then taking a plastic razor to it but... I gave the car back before getting a chance. The deal was, I would get the car to make the videos for a week, the owner would have a very shiny car for free but if I didn't get to something, I didn't get to it.

I've never heard of the vegetable oil, but I've used WD40 as well as kerosene before. Thanks for the tip!

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:22 PM   #4
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Great videos!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote