Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Added chrome radiator cover

Installed a Yates Performance chrome radiator cover yesterday. It covers up the top of the radiator and has a vented piece that extends out to cover some of the belts/hoses also. Good, snug overall fit and looks pretty sweet, IMHO. Hard to get good pics of it and some show reflections of other things under the hood but here's a few.

Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
Cincy10SSRS

Hmm, 122 views and nobody has an opinion/comment at all? No, "That sucks", or, "Kinda cool", nuthin?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I don't think the picture does this mod any justice. It's more like one of those things you have to see in person

Either way, it looks good. Nice clean look to the engine bay.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I don't think the picture does this mod any justice. It's more like one of those things you have to see in person
Either way, it looks good. Nice clean look to the engine bay.
That really is true and why I held off for a long time debating whether to pop the $$ for it or not. They don't even have an on-car pic on the vendors site to help visualize it. I know it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but it really does look very nice and "clean" on there.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Turtle 2ss
TBC

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2ss
Looks really nice! I been thinking of getting that same one and you are right can't find any pics. I'm glad i found yours. I have a questions for you. That peice that has the cut out in it. Can that be moves some how? I have a elite Oil catch can that is right where that thing is. That is the only thing that is stopping me from geting one.
Turtle 2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
I love the clean look! have you thought about getting a cover for that front triangle area in the very front? I think that would match well with what you have already done.
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle 2ss View Post
That peice that has the cut out in it. Can that be moves some how? I have a elite Oil catch can that is right where that thing is. That is the only thing that is stopping me from geting one.
You could easily bend it upward more; it doesn't really go down as much as the pic suggest. I suppose you could even cut it off or modify it if need be.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fussboss View Post
I love the clean look! have you thought about getting a cover for that front triangle area in the very front? I think that would match well with what you have already done.
Do you mean this area? I got one of those from the guy one here that makes/sells them a few weeks ago. Me like.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
I guess it is called the front header - the area where the latch is for the hood release at the very front of the hood.

for reference..
http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...fhp-103021.htm
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #10
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fussboss View Post
I guess it is called the front header - the area where the latch is for the hood release at the very front of the hood.

for reference..
http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...fhp-103021.htm
Hmm, that probably would look good but I'm a little concerned about water getting trapped under it when you wash the car. I know I have to towel up alot in the corner areas and such.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
Turtle 2ss
TBC

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
You could easily bend it upward more; it doesn't really go down as much as the pic suggest. I suppose you could even cut it off or modify it if need be.
Thanks for the info. For the pics it looks like it comes out 3"or4" in. Also really like those side panel's. Where did you get them?
Turtle 2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #12
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
Its cool!! I like almost anything chrome so I'm kind of a sucker for that.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #13
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle 2ss View Post
Also really like those side panel's. Where did you get them?
I'm not sure what you mean by "side panels".
Old 09-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I like it, Chrome always looks great