Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
moss2029

Drives: 2012 v6 Camaro
Taillight Bezel blackout with Vinyl

Whats up guys, I have always seen people black out there bezels with plastidip. But why? cause its the only way right? nahhh, so I run a Vinyl company and was curious why no one has tried vinyl. well at first I used a cheap calendered vinyl and it turned out awful. So I figured maybe thats why. But there is a such thing called Cast vinyl that is used for wrapping cars. so i ordered me some and tried it out, well what do ya know it worked 10 times better. So i just wanted to show you guys how I did it if you want to stop using plastidip. The video is quite lengthy (like all my videos lol) but it goes step by step. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask! for you guys who dont want to try it your self I can do it for you just PM me and we will workout the details.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-1080-Scot...0bcd68&vxp=mtr
Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
More a matter of cost and ease of installation. Plasti-Dip or paint is much cheaper than the vinyl. Not too mention, unless you've worked with vinyl before, it's likely not that easy. But it's always good to have options.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote