Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-01-2010, 05:30 AM   #15
youngmaro

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
congrats cant wait to see sub install
youngmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #16
TMX85

Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT A6
******** box is here! I am going to go step by step with pics and post them up tomorrow. The quality and craftsmanship of the box is amazing and very lightweight for it's size! Can't wait to install! Here are some random pics from the past few days.
Attached Images

Born on 6/14 -->Arrived 6/22/10 2011 IBM 2LT A6 Bright Aluminum Wheels, Sunroof, Lip Spoiler Stealth Bulbs, Technostalgia LED tail lamps, HID's, TRIFECTA TUNE, injen CAI, CNT Racing catback exhaust, Kenwood ddx 516, metra dash kit, sirius sat radio, Hifonics Titan 1008D mono bloc amp driving a kicker solo comp 10 in its own enclosure. Power Acoustik Amp driving Hifonics 6.5 inch components and 6 x 9 infinity kappa rear components in ******** adapters, Painted Heritage Grille with custom american flag bowtie more to come!
TMX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #17
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
aww you put the front plate on..
oh man and u got the new NY plate.. you should trade it in for a custom one..
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/cplates.htm

I put plate in front windshield

bad pic sorry.. old pic
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #18
TMX85

Yea I kinda like how the plate looks against my dark blue but I am def getting a custom one soon. I finally put my subs in today and holy crap was it an endeavor. I got everything rigged up and then found out that my am was broken and would power on but no sound came out. Then I ran to best buy...literally 3 blocks away and found a Kenwoon mono class d for a decent price and finished the install. The ******** box is absolutely perfect and fits like it should have been there all along. I also still had room for my golf bag and my tool box so overall great success. I finally have some nice boom to go with the awesome boston mids and highs. I do want to play around more and possibly bridge the speakers and drop it down to 2ohms but I am not sure yet. Here are some pics!
Attached Images

Born on 6/14 -->Arrived 6/22/10 2011 IBM 2LT A6 Bright Aluminum Wheels, Sunroof, Lip Spoiler Stealth Bulbs, Technostalgia LED tail lamps, HID's, TRIFECTA TUNE, injen CAI, CNT Racing catback exhaust, Kenwood ddx 516, metra dash kit, sirius sat radio, Hifonics Titan 1008D mono bloc amp driving a kicker solo comp 10 in its own enclosure. Power Acoustik Amp driving Hifonics 6.5 inch components and 6 x 9 infinity kappa rear components in ******** adapters, Painted Heritage Grille with custom american flag bowtie more to come!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #19
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Old 07-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #20
TMX85

Kenwood sux!!!.. This bastard is very hard to tune and overheats very quickly. I am returning it and just bought an MTX 600 watt rms jackhammer amp to match my subs. This one has remote bass boost, internal cooling fans, and much better reviews! Cannot wait to install. Oh and did I mention it looks absolutely insane! I will post up the new pics and results of the new amp on friday.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #21
TMX85

Talking

Got the new amp today and wired it up right after work....it is absolutely AWESOME! Hits so much harder and cleaner it is like night and day! Here are a few pics, now my MTX setup is all matching and complete and I could not be happier! Crutchfield was awesomely fast, and for a change had the best price out there on the amp which is a jackhammer 600x 1 mono class d 2ohm with 1200 max output so it is specifically made for the subs that I'm running. Take a look see. HID's hopefully finally go in tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #22
TMX85

tomorrow i'll take better pics of it all mounted up then I have to do some sound dampening to lessen the rattles lol
Old 07-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #23
MIT'13

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
I also got the new NY plates on my IBM. Not a big fan of them, but it could be worse...
Sweet audio system though, man.
MIT'13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #24
TMX85

Thanks, today I go on my first road trip with my Cami heading down to AC for the extended weekend...should be fun.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #25
TMX85

While my vacation stunk a definite highlight was cruising in my Cammi. I averaged 28.4 MPG for the trip and the only problem I faced was an overheating AMP. Needless to say with an amp that is so highly rated for it's ability to keep cool via it's internal adaptive fan I was a bit surprised. Especially since I had the gain up roughly a quarter of it's true potential. In any case. The amp continued to give me problems, then last night while I was taking a look at it after all output stopped about 5 minutes into the trip with the rear seats folded down and the AC blasting the damn thing sparked at me from the inside where the fan is located as I was unscrewing it from the back of the box! Very frustrating but I called crutchfield customer service and they said that very few of these units have to be returned but after describing my wiring and setup the advisor said that without a doubt I had a defective unit whos fan never worked properly to cool it. The new replacement is already on it's way and after the Jannety racing intake test confirmed what I thought about the Injen Intake, I placed my order for one in wrinkle black today from a sellar I deal with pretty often on ebay for under $300 shipped. I have used Injen in every vehicle that I owned but was a little wary of the placement on the Camaro. I researched a lot and once the dyno results were in and confirmed the great numbers I finally ordered one. After this I am done with major mods for the summer and plan on taking it easy as I save up for a place of my own to live. Pics to come as soon as I install the new amp and intake. Stay tuned true believers lol
Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #26
TMX85

Well today I installed my Injen intake and so far I def like the sound and extra little kick it gave me. Whole deal took me about an hour since this was not my first rodeo and I love the look of the wrinkle black. This is the last mod for a while as it's time to save up but here are some pics of the install and also the door sills n stuff. One problem I have though is that I blew a front speaker and they are replacing it under warranty monday morning. Other than that everything is perfect!
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #27
TMX85

Well I took her in today for the speaker issue and an oil change and since I work down the block they gave me a ride in to work and also picked me back up when my car was done. There was a surprise though. Apparently we V6'ers have a recall on the BCM, I was not aware of this but a simple re flash was all that I required. Of course my blown speaker was on back order so I do not know when it will be coming in. I had them put mobil1 in and the guys over there were very nice and when I told them about the iphone 4 issues they actually suggested that I unpair and delete the phone then repair it to only the phone bluetooth and not the bluetooth audio and so far the static has not returned! Major plus!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:07 PM   #28
TMX85

Ok so I finally gave in and bought a pair of speakers to test a theory of mine. Anyway after a lot of trouble that I did not expect with the cover behind the handle that covers up one of the screws I ended up bending and doing some minor warping of the plastic....anyway once I got it off I saw that not only was the speaker absolutely fine, but also that even when I hooked another speaker up to it I got the same buzzing noise. After all this it is not the speakers but the amp that is broken. Fun Stuff.