Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: Should "pre-order" cars be built now before all others?
Yes- I agree 204 87.18%
No- I disagree 30 12.82%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #757
1969Fbody

Drives: 1969 Firebird
Sorry to hear about your car. :(
1969Fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #758
STI_TO_SS?

Drives: '14 2SS RS 1LE
What's more important?

How fast you get your car.
How well the car is put together.

If I ordered a car vs. buying off the lot, I would expect to wait.
If I pre-ordered a car vs. ordering (car is not in production), I would expect to wait longer.
If I pre-ordered a never-produced car and allowed for early production runs to have to be corrected, I would expect to wait even longer.

The car only went into production in mid-March. It's not even mid-May yet. What happened to reasonableness and common sense?
Past muscle: 1988 RS Camaro, 1966 Mustang GT
Past rice: 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S
STI_TO_SS? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #759
John Farnen

Drives: 1969 RSSS Convertable
Those of us who had their cars built 6 weeks ago and have no idea of where they are have EVERY right to complain! No word or someone saying it takes longer than 5 minutes to flash is BS. Go to Disney, wait an hour for a ride, be told the ride is broken but see a couple thousand walk by you and ride. That's whats happening. If our cars have issues, does it take 6 weeks to fix. Stop production and fix them. There were enough preproduction cars out there with several thousand miles to find these problems. At least give us some ETA, I'm waiting and will continue to wait, but don't tell me I'm a whiner, order one and let it set in the land of Oz for a couple months before you complain about our BITC%Ing.
John Farnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #760
STI_TO_SS?

I think it odd that the moderator buried my contribution here 31 pages deep in this thread.

I suppose I am complaining, but I am not sympathetic to the pre-orderers.

I am fascinated that the focus is on delivery and not quality of product, or appreciation of this unique period of anticipation.

I believe the "waiting" will be far more remembered, and memorable, than actually the "having." In time, I believe you will know the same.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #761
STI_TO_SS?

I know I am probably talking to myself here at 31 pages deep, but here goes.

I don't think GM would do anything to jeopardize offending the early adopters in the form of the pre-orderers. The pre-orderers have shown themselves to be the most active and passionate customers ever. I believe GM cares and will try to do the best for those who have been incredibly loyal. But you have to admit, they might be quite stressed at this moment with the situation as it is.

The present situation was unthinkable 20 years ago - the bailout and all. GM must have finally figured it out and are trying their best to get this one right. And I believe the fact that they are trying to get it right is the only thing stopping them from releasing the built cars. There's something wrong with them and they have committed to fixing them. Simple as that.

If GM cares enough and can actually deliver cars that work really well, they will have accomplished more, much much more, than simply make a pre-orderer happy. They may have a chance to re-enter the market competitively. Right now, they must know, based on their own past performance, they can't cut it. They have, at this time, a unique opportunity to release a quality product. Hopefully, those waiting can see and value what GM has to do to survive.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #762
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #763
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
you guys need a hobby

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #764
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop29 View Post
Vin # 4165
Just got a call from Dealer... not happy because GM called them because of my call
yes calling will ding the dealer as a complaint.OPPS i did the same thing. sorry gary and don no offense jumped the gun and called.my bad you guys still rock

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #765
HeavyRightFooT

Drives: Z51 C6 LS3 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass
It's fine that they have to fix the cars. Just come clean to the buyers privately and give them weekly updates, privately. How about giving them a phone number where they can get REAL updates.

I don't know how many times we have to say this. If GM would do that, half the posts on this forum would disappear and Scott S. wouldn't have to come on here telling the buyers to calm down.
So SIMPLE!!

+1,000,000,000

Other post : And they wonder why they're in trouble....
+1 , and a new paragraph to my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
"My dealer received allocation and I ordered on April 2nd.. I just got the email from them that GM has pulled my order and I have a TPW of 6/1-6/7. I cannot wait!!!!!! When do you guys think I can expect to have this baby delivered to the dealership for pickup? Definitely before the end of June right?"

And we don't have the right to be upset?????????

-bobby
If a April order gets his car before my January order I'm going to be very angry, whatever the reason or the way anyone will turn it.
Been nice for the production start delay, nervous for the CGM delay... enough is enough.
the worst is somebody will surely feel enough of a marketing and communication genius enough to turns that this into a "new dedication to the customer" ....

08 C6 z51 headers/vararam/tune/420-410/ccw sp550 19+20/Pzerro Nero 275-30-19F 305-30-20R --- to be traded for a Z28 ?
HeavyRightFooT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:24 PM   #766
NotAnInsider

Drives: just sold it. Feet!
Dealers are giving info they're not permitted to give.....they will hear from GM on it.
NotAnInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #767
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by STI_TO_SS? View Post
I know I am probably talking to myself here at 31 pages deep, but here goes.

I don't think GM would do anything to jeopardize offending the early adopters in the form of the pre-orderers. The pre-orderers have shown themselves to be the most active and passionate customers ever. I believe GM cares and will try to do the best for those who have been incredibly loyal. But you have to admit, they might be quite stressed at this moment with the situation as it is.

The present situation was unthinkable 20 years ago - the bailout and all. GM must have finally figured it out and are trying their best to get this one right. And I believe the fact that they are trying to get it right is the only thing stopping them from releasing the built cars. There's something wrong with them and they have committed to fixing them. Simple as that.

If GM cares enough and can actually deliver cars that work really well, they will have accomplished more, much much more, than simply make a pre-orderer happy. They may have a chance to re-enter the market competitively. Right now, they must know, based on their own past performance, they can't cut it. They have, at this time, a unique opportunity to release a quality product. Hopefully, those waiting can see and value what GM has to do to survive.
Nice first 5 posts. Take some time and read some of the thread. Then go way back say to Feb and start reading there. Get to know some of the people here on the site. Then after you have a better clue as to the situation perhaps your input would not seem so vastly out of place and on the verge of being so way out in left field. We are here as a group of Camaro buyers from all walks of life. We have got to know each other as friends. Our common interest is the Camaro. We would gladly welcome you aboard but you cant just come off and patronize us. We are American Muscle Car enthusiests! As an individual we have no voice but as a group we are heard and respected across the industry. The dealers all know of us, GM knows of us and other major motor industry media know of us. And they all look to us for our combined input and information. So as I said before, take some time and read as much as you can to bring yourself up to speed and then lets have some real input from you.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #768
John Farnen

Drives: 1969 RSSS Convertable
All the stuff about us preorderers only wanting our cars and not caring if it has problems is bull. If they can send out and sell identical cars that were produced weeks later, they must have corrected the problems, then why not fix the early vins and get them to us? I have waited sinse I seen it in 06, I'll wait til it gets here, but I will complain til then. I noticed few anti complainers either haven't ordered yet or ordered late. I drove one today that was built 3308 cars after mine.
John Farnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #769
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
Yeah didn't want to get anyone in trouble... was afaird that it didn't pass QA & would have to reorder... Yeah my sales person & Sales manager called me right after Customer Service hung up! Not happy.... sorry i called now!
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #770
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Farnen View Post
All the stuff about us preorderers only wanting our cars and not caring if it has problems is bull. If they can send out and sell identical cars that were produced weeks later, they must have corrected the problems, then why not fix the early vins and get them to us? I have waited sinse I seen it in 06, I'll wait til it gets here, but I will complain til then. I noticed few anti complainers either haven't ordered yet or ordered late. I drove one today that was built 3308 cars after mine.
Because they caught the problems and started building the later vins with the updates.
They can't stop the whole line to go back and fix those problems. So the early cars were sent somewhere else to get fixed.