Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #85
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WySilverado View Post
Did your Dealer have allocations? My Dealer ordered 2 in October,he will just be getting his allocation for the first one the 17th,the second order he had backed out and now thats my spot........... difference being is the people pre ordered knowing this upfront.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WySilverado View Post
See my above post
I'm not sure what you're saying here. My dealer had 25 allocations, I am number 16, I still don't have a car.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #86
WySilverado

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro M6 Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
I'm not sure what you're saying here. My dealer had 25 allocations, I am number 16, I still don't have a car.
Well than that sucks! I was referring to my other post because so many are mad a GM when their dealers haven't been upfront with them.........
Old 06-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #87
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I disagree. I think most are mad that GM wasn't up front with them.......
October 2008
The all-new 2010 Chevy Coupe delivers outstanding power, performance, efficiency, sporting sleek styling and a unique array of features. Bookings are open. So be the first to take the wheel of the new Camaro. Place your order today!

The all new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe is a heritage-inspired sports car for the 21st century, combining great looks and performance; advanced technology and surprising efficiency. The sales begin in the first quarter of 2009.

What do you think after reading that?

Last edited by PieNsky; 06-07-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #88
fastfred67

Drives: 67 SS RS
Remember there were 15000 pre orders and GM is just now crossing that number in Camaro production. W ho knows how many were dealer designated as a priority. My dealer has only received pre-ordered CAmaros and they all disappear within a few hours of arrival. I waited 7 months for mine, and I could say that I have been waiting 7 years and 7 months for this Camaro. Mine just showed up unannounced. The dealer knew nothing. Through this forum I know much more than the dealer on VINs and shipping. I have found his VINs before he has received them ,then checked rail shipping. I was at my dealers every two days trying to get information, especially on Tuesday when GM refreshes the dealers information each week. This forum has been treasure of information and I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into compiling so much data instead of waiting in a vacuum of no information, which it seems is where most dealers reside. I'm really sorry for you guys that have been screwed around so much. Don't depend on the dealer to solve a serious delay problem. Move up the chain as high as you can and try to get something going in your favor. It's a great car and I'm not in knots anymore, and I do have quite a story to tell.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #89
DET MSCL
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to DET MSCL Send a message via Yahoo to DET MSCL Send a message via Skype™ to DET MSCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
...I feel for the R6P folks; I really do. My post was intended to let you see a bigger picture of what you've been involved in, not criticize you. You've been part of something that will very likely produce legend cars for the next 42 years; and you were there. You don't get that kind of opportunity very often. Some of the older guys understand what I wrote; the younger ones want to hang onto their unhappiness and I'm not going to try and take that away from them. You are right; it wasn't perfect, you have a right to complain so hang onto that and don't ever let it go; pass that on to your children and grandchildren as your experience with the rebirth of a legend...
I understand what you are saying so that must make me one of the "older guys"? You happen to be correct! Last Friday was the 9-week anniversary of my Build Date, so I am frustrated...that must make me one of the "younger ones"? I am supposed to take Delivery tomorrow (Monday) so I am CERTAIN I will be one of the "perma-OMG guys"!

2010 Victory Red 2SS ~ Black Leather ~ Cyber Grey Rally Stripes ~ Auto ~ SunRoof ~ Polished 20s, VIN: 102432

Ordered: 10/16/2008, Built: 4/3/2009, On The Rail: 5/21/2009, Departed Michigan: 6/1/2009, Delivered: 6/11/2009
Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #90
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Listen, I love the new Camaro, [ except for the price], but no matter how you cut it GM screwed up the launch of this car. They have been building cars for how many years???
This is not the first new model they've ever introduced. They do it all the time. If they could not produce the cars, they should not have pre-sold them. Plain and simple. They still don't get it. And wasn't it smart to sell Saturn to Penske so they can compete with GM's smaller cars. Brilliant. They should have just closed it down. Decisions like this should have them into the liqidation position within a few years.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #91
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
I'm really never one to defend the preorder process, but so what? It's going to take some time before all pre-orders are filled.

If someone ordered in may and has their car or is further along, it's because their dealer had more allocation left than your dealer did when you ordered, and that's how it works and everyone has known this from the start.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #92
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
My dealer has 11 allocations and I was number 2 on the list and number 4 in delivery so far.....I think.

I was told I would get mine before the end of May, and last week the dealer said I would get minethis week. Who knows when??
Old 06-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #93
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I'm really never one to defend the preorder process, but so what? It's going to take some time before all pre-orders are filled.

If someone ordered in may and has their car or is further along, it's because their dealer had more allocation left than your dealer did when you ordered, and that's how it works and everyone has known this from the start.
Ummmm, NOPE!!

A customer is a customer, Joe is a customer. Joe walks into his neighborhood dealer during the preorder time period. Joe says I want to place an order, dealer says no problem, I'm getting 24 and you are #18, sign here. Thank You!!

Joe should NOT have to know dealer terminology etc..thats just BS!!

Joe did the RIGHT thing, he made sure there was room on the list out of the 24. Joe EXPECTS that #1 thru #17 gets thier car before him. Joe is reasonable. Joe is also reasonable to KNOW that if he orders on DEC 08 he will get his car before a guy who ordered in april 09.

It's quite CLEAR now that JOE got screwed. Joe should have manipulated the system by calling ALL the dealers in a 250 mile range and try to filter out the stealerships that didn't gouge and find a dealership that had let's say 10 cars total and be number 8 on the list.

I mean Really?????????

=bobby
Old 06-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #94
HeavyRightFooT

Drives: Z51 C6 LS3 Vette
in the meantime, fund another car.

No worries , the 6 months I've been waitng while GM is "making the car better", "waiting to get the CGM paint", "making it's customer experience better", "trying to convince me I should be glad I'm a GM customer" finally had a good ending : I fund the C6 z51 I couldn't afford 6 month ago...

As for my take on the Camaro pre-order experience: one of the worst I ever was part of. Feels like I've been told every stupid marketing customer-relationship in the book, except the truth.

My 2ss will be up for grabs soon (hum... in two weeks, as I've been told every two weeks since two month) at my dealer, but if you are interested and want an advice, bring 5k more than you think.

A disapointed Camaro pre-orderer , now happy C6 driver.

08 C6 z51 headers/vararam/tune/420-410/ccw sp550 19+20/Pzerro Nero 275-30-19F 305-30-20R --- to be traded for a Z28 ?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #95
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
October 2008
The all-new 2010 Chevy Coupe delivers outstanding power, performance, efficiency, sporting sleek styling and a unique array of features. Bookings are open. So be the first to take the wheel of the new Camaro. Place your order today!

The all new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe is a heritage-inspired sports car for the 21st century, combining great looks and performance; advanced technology and surprising efficiency. The sales begin in the first quarter of 2009.

I guess it is how you define "timely fashion"
do ya'll listen? GM STATED ALL ALONG BY THE END OF THE 3rd QUARTER!!!!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
Old 06-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #96
2010SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyt100 View Post
Are you on drugs?

Seriously!

GM is still in business ONLY because the feds have pumped $30 billion into it.

GM has more than $170 billion in debt.

Hummer, Saab and Saturn are being sold. Pontiac is being closed.

Thousands of dealers are being shut down.

What was once the most powerful corporation in the free world is now a ward of the federal government and it has only itself to blame for decades of bad decisions and business practices too numerous to list.

Right now, GM needs every customer it can get and every piece of favorable press it can get.

That's the reality.

Drinking the Camaro Cool-Aid won't change that.

Customers are the lifeblood of any and every business.

GM needs them, the same as the local 7-11 or gas station does.

To suggest otherwise is flat ignorant and flat wrong.
yes, a company selling products needs customers, you're not understanding me.

what i'm saying is the camaro5 customer who thinks GM owes HIM, can't survive without HIM, should bend over backwards for HIM and posts complaint threads on this board..................needs a reality check.

and if that describes you, sorry.........but GM won't miss YOU!

Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #97
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
do ya'll listen? GM STATED ALL ALONG BY THE END OF THE 3rd QUARTER!!!!

Can you read? How about understanding what you read.
OK, I'm typing this R E A L L Y S L O W just for you, 'cause you read slow, don't you?
GM states that you should "Place your order today" so you could "Be the first to take the wheel" which, of course is

Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #98
2010SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyRightFooT View Post
No worries , the 6 months I've been waitng while GM is "making the car better", "waiting to get the CGM paint", "making it's customer experience better", "trying to convince me I should be glad I'm a GM customer" finally had a good ending : I fund the C6 z51 I couldn't afford 6 month ago...

As for my take on the Camaro pre-order experience: one of the worst I ever was part of. Feels like I've been told every stupid marketing customer-relationship in the book, except the truth.

My 2ss will be up for grabs soon (hum... in two weeks, as I've been told every two weeks since two month) at my dealer, but if you are interested and want an advice, bring 5k more than you think.

A disapointed Camaro pre-orderer , now happy C6 driver.
this was my point to the original poster of this thread. no offense to HeavyRightFoot............but can anyone tell me just how doing this will negatively affect GM? anyone?

a note to HeavyRightFoot, glad you found a hot rod bro, but i think you'll kick yourself shortly! this car is baddass!

Closed Thread