Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Zeroto60

Drives: 2010 RJT SS/RS M6
Thumbs down LM Perfomance Problems

Short Version:
I ordered a Borla axel back kit from LM performance on march 13th. opened the box within hour of delivery. Kit was used and had been cut off. Numerous emails, but no movement on replacement. refund was requested. Now accusations of Fraud are being thrown around. I originally posted about it
here.

Long Version (posted on reseller ratings)

Quote:
"I ordered an exhaust Kit. The item shipped and arrived fast. Unfortunately the kit had been used and cut off car with torch. I requested a RMA and a NEW replacement the same day the item arrived (Saturday). I also provided a Picture. A return shipping label was sent the following Monday, but a replacement wasn't.

On Friday, the day after item arrived at the return destination there was still no replacement, so I requested a refund. I was told I had to wait on the wholesaler for inspection and to start refund process, but the item had not arrived. I pointed out tracking indicated it had been delivered on thursday. I was then told it had arrived, but the inspection/refund process had not been started. Now it has been 3 business days later and still no refund. Not happy at all."
the response to the review on reseller ratings goes on to suggested I'm trying to swap a used system I bought somewhere else. After the review was posted I also received an email "explaining" I was making it difficult for them to support their family and this problem was taking valuable time from them enjoying their family spring break activities.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Read your post when you first recieved that "new" exhaust. Sorry to see this is going on. So im guessing they're not sending you your exhaust now?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
man im sorry to hear this i thought they were taking care of you. i would do like someone suggested in the other thread and dispute the charges
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
Did those drop ship from Borla or come direct from the vendor?
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
Zeroto60

No, I definitely won't be getting the exhaust or any other parts from them. It looks like I might have to contact card company to get a refund.

It is my understanding that it was shipped from and returned to the wholesaler LM uses (Keystone).

Last edited by Zeroto60; 03-26-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Zeroto60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
ATX211
Custom User Title

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Just went through something slightly similar to this with my bank and Yellow Cab. (Driver overcharged my card $900 for an $8.00 ride then the company tried to hold out on my refund).

Call your bank's claims dept. and have them get you and LM Performance on a three way call and have the bank explain what the next steps are if you do not get a refund. The bank will record the call. Probably the best way to cover your ass as far as next steps go.
ATX211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroto60 View Post
Short Version:
I ordered a Borla axel back kit from LM performance on march 13th. opened the box within hour of delivery. Kit was used and had been cut off. Numerous emails, but no movement on replacement. refund was requested. Now accusations of Fraud are being thrown around. I originally posted about it
here.

Long Version (posted on reseller ratings)

the response to the review on reseller ratings goes on to suggested I'm trying to swap a used system I bought somewhere else. After the review was posted I also received an email "explaining" I was making it difficult for them to support their family and this problem was taking valuable time from them enjoying their family spring break activities.

The fact that you have to "Wait on an inspection" cracks me up. There's no disputing that the exhaust was damaged - you aren't contending that "it just doesn't work and you don't know why". I'm already concerned that you are dealing with the kinds of people who follow some kind of self-invented, circumplexic logic rather than linear processes here. From your story so far you can bet that some clown is going to inspect your kit and conclude "well, it's clearly been cut and used. That's what the problem is" (as if they've found you out). And you are going to be standing there saying "uh. No shit, that's why I'm returning it".

What's there to inspect that this should hold you up? You aren't contending that there was some hidden reason the exhaust wasn't working, LMAO!

I've dealt with some good vendors here and not one of them worth their wait in salt would hold you up over this. Maybe they'd do some brief fact checking, and you might get a question or two but otherwise it should go: "Sorry about the bad part. A new kit went out an hour after we read your email, along with a shipping label for return shipping on the damaged piece. We've inspected the new kit and believe that there shouldn't be any issues with it. Please be remember to ship the old kit back to us upon receipt of the new one."

From his commentary about his "family" and your "intrusion" it sounds like the guy you ordered from is running a basement store for a cash grab rather than a business.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Definately bad business.
I would be to their advantage to send you a new exhaust or refund your money.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
Zeroto60

I contacted Card Company last Wednesday. They said they would wait until the April 1st before pursuing. Monday I received a "courtesy" email from LM Perf letting me know the credit had been issued. The refund hit my card today.

Thanks for listening to my rant!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #10
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Glad to hear you got your money back.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote