Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
To Those Upset over fbodfather's update

I read over this forum and spend way too much time on it (hehe) but it's been a fun and interesting adventure. I would like to say to those who've been waiting so long, I completely feel for your frustration and impatience. But consider what you've had the privilege to be part of.

The Camaro was one of the greatest pony cars of the last century and 40 years later the first couple of year models still look good on the road. They are legendary cars. To have pre-ordered and enjoyed the excitement, anticipation and general feeling of being part of the rebirth of this legend is something special and an experience that should not be over-looked or discounted. You've had the privilege of being part of history and will have great stories to tell many years from now about how you were there.

It's like building the trans-continental railroad; the tremendous competition between the teams building from east and west; the excitement, the anticipation of completing it. The unmistakeable feeling of being part of something great. Then the day comes when east meets west and they drive the golden spike...done! Cheers, beers, celebrations. Then.... it was history. The campfire discussions, plans, talks, looking ahead into the distance and thinking "we're going to do this!" All that is now over and those involved went on with their lives and told great stories about their involvement.

I've greatly enjoyed this adventure. Can't wait to get my car. But I'm going to be kinda sad to see the shanty town and the gamblers, workers, everyday folk start to pull up and move on. The forum will still be here but it will change; be different. Never again will we have what we've had here.

To those bitter and complaining; look at the community here. You've been part of something grand. Enjoy it while it's still here because soon it will change. Remember all the great discussions, the experience of being part of this. True some Joe off the street may have strolled onto a Chevy dealer's lot last week and bought a Camaro while you ordered in October and are still waiting. But they will NEVER have what you've had. They will NEVER know what you've known being part of this historic moment. They just bought a car; but you, because you got involved early-on, you got to ride the rails and experience the excitement of the build-up to the driving of the golden spike. They will NEVER be able to speak with authority about this the way you can. They just bought a car; you... you were THERE when history was made. They can now stand at the station and board a train and easily ride what took years of sweat to build. You... you can stand there and see every mile; still hear the sounds of the men talking at night; remember the discussions of the challenges and the excitement of reaching the final mile. They will never have any of that; you have it for a lifetime of memories and stories. You got to participate... in the rebirth of a legend.

You bought more than a car; I hope you realize that, all you who have waited. I know it's frustrating to still wait, but all too soon everyone will have their cars and the feeling of what this forum has been... will be gone forever. It will still be a community; organized, civilized... but a frontier town it will never be again. History has been made.

Thank you fbodfather and all those who worked with you to make this moment in history. Thank you for creating the process whereby we the people could be a part of it too. And although I didn't pre-order, I ordered last month, I've still read and followed this forum for about a year so I've enjoyed the moment greatly.

To those who are still waiting... don't be bitter or angry. You may not have your car yet, but you've already received something that only the few who've been involved in this have received. No one who buys a Camaro now or after this can ever have that.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
Bull

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/IBM/Beige
My opinion from the past 8 months:

1. The Camaro is a great car
2. The pre-order process was the worst handled situation I've ever seen
3. The 1-800 customer service number is totally useless
4. My dealer rocks
5. The people on this forum are the HEAT
6. Besides getting me my camaro, the only thing this process has given me is high blood pressure.

To explain my pre-order process comment. If the delaer has 20 pre-order allocations and has submitted 5, someone should not be able to walk in to the same dealership and order a car until all the pre-orders are filled.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
Injunman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I read over this forum and spend way too much time on it (hehe) but it's been a fun and interesting adventure. I would like to say to those who've been waiting so long, I completely feel for your frustration and impatience. But consider what you've had the privilege to be part of.

The Camaro was one of the greatest pony cars of the last century and 40 years later the first couple of year models still look good on the road. They are legendary cars. To have pre-ordered and enjoyed the excitement, anticipation and general feeling of being part of the rebirth of this legend is something special and an experience that should not be over-looked or discounted. You've had the privilege of being part of history and will have great stories to tell many years from now about how you were there.

It's like building the trans-continental railroad; the tremendous competition between the teams building from east and west; the excitement, the anticipation of completing it. The unmistakeable feeling of being part of something great. Then the day comes when east meets west and they drive the golden spike...done! Cheers, beers, celebrations. Then.... it was history. The campfire discussions, plans, talks, looking ahead into the distance and thinking "we're going to do this!" All that is now over and those involved went on with their lives and told great stories about their involvement.

I've greatly enjoyed this adventure. Can't wait to get my car. But I'm going to be kinda sad to see the shanty town and the gamblers, workers, everyday folk start to pull up and move on. The forum will still be here but it will change; be different. Never again will we have what we've had here.

To those bitter and complaining; look at the community here. You've been part of something grand. Enjoy it while it's still here because soon it will change. Remember all the great discussions, the experience of being part of this. True some Joe off the street may have strolled onto a Chevy dealer's lot last week and bought a Camaro while you ordered in October and are still waiting. But they will NEVER have what you've had. They will NEVER know what you've known being part of this historic moment. They just bought a car; but you, because you got involved early-on, you got to ride the rails and experience the excitement of the build-up to the driving of the golden spike. They will NEVER be able to speak with authority about this the way you can. They just bought a car; you... you were THERE when history was made. They can now stand at the station and board a train and easily ride what took years of sweat to build. You... you can stand there and see every mile; still hear the sounds of the men talking at night; remember the discussions of the challenges and the excitement of reaching the final mile. They will never have any of that; you have it for a lifetime of memories and stories. You got to participate... in the rebirth of a legend.

You bought more than a car; I hope you realize that, all you who have waited. I know it's frustrating to still wait, but all too soon everyone will have their cars and the feeling of what this forum has been... will be gone forever. It will still be a community; organized, civilized... but a frontier town it will never be again. History has been made.

Thank you fbodfather and all those who worked with you to make this moment in history. Thank you for creating the process whereby we the people could be a part of it too. And although I didn't pre-order, I ordered last month, I've still read and followed this forum for about a year so I've enjoyed the moment greatly.

To those who are still waiting... don't be bitter or angry. You may not have your car yet, but you've already received something that only the few who've been involved in this have received. No one who buys a Camaro now or after this can ever have that.
All true. Very Well put. This site has certainly made it much easier and entertaining.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:31 AM   #4
Miketebo22
Iceman

Drives: SOLD #20,908 SS waiting for ZL1
Send a message via MSN to Miketebo22
Well spoken sir, well spoken indeed....but hindsight is 2020...we are not "hind" yet!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Sorry for my ADD, I couldn't finish your post but I really feel that I was never part of anything...well a lot of frustration. But really, nothing compared to the ones that had dealers screw them.
Let's see...The excitement of trying to find a dealer that wouldn't price gouge me? The feeling I got after being told that all I had to do was to put down a grand and I could get my name on the list? Then getting there and filling out paper after paper and credit check only to have Coyle Chevrolet in Indiana tell me it was $7,000 down and that when it came in it would be for full MSRP and, by the way, we'll just keep your $7,000!
Oh the feeling in seeing people order in May and going to 3000 before me?
I don't relate to what you are saying I was so fortunate to be a part of. I don't have a car. It is a bunch of parts yet to be made, much less assembled.
I really, really hope that I'm not one of those in the 1/3 of pre-orders not scheduled for production yet.

The beat goes on....
Old 06-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
Sorry for my ADD, I couldn't finish your post but I really feel that I was never part of anything...well a lot of frustration. But really, nothing compared to the ones that had dealers screw them.
Let's see...The excitement of trying to find a dealer that wouldn't price gouge me? The feeling I got after being told that all I had to do was to put down a grand and I could get my name on the list? Then getting there and filling out paper after paper and credit check only to have Coyle Chevrolet in Indiana tell me it was $7,000 down and that when it came in it would be for full MSRP and, by the way, we'll just keep your $7,000!
Oh the feeling in seeing people order in May and going to 3000 before me?
I don't relate to what you are saying I was so fortunate to be a part of. I don't have a car. It is a bunch of parts yet to be made, much less assembled.
I really, really hope that I'm not one of those in the 1/3 of pre-orders not scheduled for production yet.

The beat goes on....
Just think, All you need to do is kill time till lets say 7/15/09..

-bobby
Old 06-06-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I love how people who ordered their cars and joined Camaro5.com a month ago are so cool and calm. Let's see what you guys say if by next January you still don't have your cars. You'd be just as pissed off as the true Camaro fans a.k.a. The R6P Crew!!
Old 06-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Dont understand the blue rings for IOM interiors on the V6, i find that inexcuseable.
The fact that my M6V6 was suppose to be built April 20th, pushed to May 4th, to May 18th, then June 1st, and i still dont have a vin while people who got the June 1st TPW way after are gettting their cars built just pisses me off.
I must say, the rings on the gauges are going to make me miserable, and im not overacting....seriously, that was my favourtie interior feature.
Sooo pissed....wish i just ordered a 2011 Camaro. That way i could maybe get red rings, full ABL and HUD
Old 06-06-2009, 05:37 AM   #9
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Mostly all true

I agree this has been one hell of a ride boys!
I think Scott has done one hell of a job, and put up with way too much grief for things that are beyond his control. GM like I said a few months ago in his defense, is more like a goverment than a company, and if the the government can resist and get out of the way may emerge better for this bamkrupcy.
However I agree with many here; Things could have been much better.
Tracking could have been automated, if UPS can track hundreds of thousands of packages GM can track a few thousand.
GM should have said for day one; we will build X% of the R6P's at a time.
Dealer network needs to be riended in, and become team players with GM.

However Scott has no control over any of thses things. He and the rest of the team put together an awsome car, and were part of the machine that built this hype and demand.
I know the car will be worth the wait. it is just the wait should not have been this long. Cars like this are more than just a mode af transportation for those who preordered, more than just a sale for both the dealer and GM. Cars like this are a milestone, icons of history in this day of eco freindly green machines.
Sad to say but I doubt there will be another Camaro like this built from Government Motors even if they use the name again.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #10
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If my car hadn't been stuck in QC for 29 days and counting (which I know is a lot less that some) so my experience hasn't been good.

I wanted to be one of the first to own a new Camaro (which I've almost given up on ), not watching my car sit in QC , while everyone else that ordered after me gets their car.

I'm basically down to a count down for cancelling my order. If my cars doesn't ship withing the next few days I'm finished with GM. I'll walk away and never look back.

Sorry, but this experience hasn't been a good one for me.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:55 AM   #11
jm88
RJT 2SS RS Auto -"Sookie"

Drives: 13 BMW X6 50i - M Perf
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
If my car hadn't been stuck in QC for 29 days and counting (which I know is a lot less that some) so my experience hasn't been good.

I wanted to be one of the first to own a new Camaro (which I've almost given up on ), not watching my car sit in QC , while everyone else that ordered after me gets their car.

I'm basically down to a count down for cancelling my order. If my cars doesn't ship withing the next few days I'm finished with GM. I'll walk away and never look back.

You need to call CS or your dealer and confirm your car is atill in QC and not shipped - BTW What is your VIN?.

Here is why - There is currently a Rail Car on it's way South to the Tampa distribution center from Oshawa. My car is aboard it and yours (might) be too. No guarantees - just a possibility. We haven't gotten too many Camaro's (compared to the rest of the country) into West Florida.

Guys be happy you can afford a new car - period. There are people out there now with no jobs, lost their homes and are in far worse financial condition. Appreciate what you have and what you're eventually going to receive and drive. Be thankful every day...
Old 06-06-2009, 07:13 AM   #12
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post

I dont get it. There in ramp up things happen. Im sorry you dont have your car i really am and if u had the dealer jerk u around and needed our help i would be first to help you but u have to have patience for this. Im not trying to be a jerk i build cars for a living u gota understand the first 6 months building a new model is a nightmare it doesnt matter what car company makes it. I mean its not like you are driving some crappy car while you wait. You got a GTO thats a great car. U think u have it bad i drive a $800 car with 4 busted windows and no air-conditioning and have to wait 2 more years before i can even order mine. Ive been wanting one since its first unvail a few years ago but i have kids they are top priority before i go ordering a expensive toy. Dont cancel that order you will kick yourself in the go-nads every time u see one on the road. Good luck and hope you hang in there..

Last edited by Thrillz; 06-06-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:41 AM   #13
jgr
ironhead

Drives: 2004 silverado diesel 2010ss
Ordered 10/18, car was built on 5/1, took delivery on 5/23. I put 500 down on 7/1/08 I would say the whole process seemed like it took forever but in reality it was not that bad. Gave me time to save to be part of history. Ive had the car for 2weeks and Ionly have 150 miles on it. I refuse to drive it in the rain so its tucked in the garage. Everyone hang in there its all worth it.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #14
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
This is to let you guy know that after 44 days QC hold my car came in with 2 things that did not get fixed in QC and 1 more that needed to see if it got fixed, First i got the car on Tuesday and get home i go to my mail box and have a letter to take the car in for the battery recall.

I did take it in and it still showed on the computer as open so we put the car in the air and look and it was fixed at the plant, at the same time i told the serves righter that the car came in with a bad Rotor on front passenger side after he toke a pic of the Rotor and had the guy take the Caliper off and look at the pad on that side he said that he will order a new Rotor for the car and call me to set up a time to get it fixed, last thing that came in was the passenger side front pillar cover was out, Not in all the way, so all this QC hold to me is BS.

And don't ask what i think it is because if i tell you i will get band for life.

By the way the car is so good to drive its like a am 22 year old all over.

Closed Thread