Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Father's Day Thoughts...........

I've posted this writing on prior Fathers Days -- but I still feel it's one of the best writings honoring our fathers and Grandfathers and Uncles and special men that took care of us......

My Dad has been in "that Great Chevy Showroom in the Sky" for many years - however, I'm going to take "Klaus" out for a cruise - and I suspect that if I listen real closely as the wind whips thru what little hair I have left - I'll hear his whisper - and know that perhaps he's right there in the passenger seat - sharing my enjoyment of the greatest Chevrolet ever built...........

Getting back to the "writing" -- I'll never have the humor or talent of Erma Bombeck - and I think her "When God Created Fathers" is one of her finest....

To all you Dads out there: Happy Fathers Day......

When the good Lord was creating Fathers he started with a tall frame.
And a female angel nearby said, "What kind of Father is that? If you're going to make children so close to the ground, why have you put fathers up so high? He won't be able to shoot marbles without kneeling, tuck a child in bed without bending, or even kiss a child without a lot of stooping."

And God smiled and said, "Yes, but if I make him child size, who would children have to look up to?"

And when God made a Father's hands, they were large and sinewy.

And the angel shook her head sadly and said, "Do you know what you're doing? Large hands are clumsy. They can't manage diaper pins, small buttons, rubber bands on pony tails or even remove splinters caused by baseball bats."

And God smiled and said, "I know, but they're large enough to hold everything a small boy empties from his pockets at the end of a day...yet small enough to cup a child's face in his hands."

And then God moulded long, slim legs and broad shoulders.

And the angel nearly had a heart attack. "Boy, this is the end of the week, all right," she clucked. "Do you realize you just made a Father without a lap? How is he going to pull a child close to him without the kid falling between his legs?"

And God smiled and said, "A mother needs a lap. A father needs strong shoulders to pull a sled, balance a boy on a bicycle, and hold a sleepy head on the way home from the circus."

God was in the middle of creating two of the largest feet anyone had every seen when the angel could contain herself no longer.

"That's not fair. Do you honestly think those large boats are going to dig out of bed early in the morning when the baby cries? Or walk through a small birthday party without crushing at least three of the guests?"

And God smiled and said, "They'll work. You'll see. They'll support a small child who wants to ride a horse to Banbury Cross, or scare off mice at the summer cabin, or display shoes that will be a challenge to fill."

God worked throughout the night, giving the Father few words, but a firm authoritative voice; eyes that saw everything, but remained calm and tolerant.

Finally, almost as an afterthought, he added tears.

Then he turned to the angel and said, "Now, are you satisfied that he can love as much as a Mother?"

The angel said nothing more.

Erma Bombeck
Old 06-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
2010victoryredss_ron
Born: August 27, 2009

Drives: 10CAMARO SS,12CRUZE RS,07 YAM R6
Send a message via MSN to 2010victoryredss_ron
Happy Fathers Day too all............
Old 06-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I will spend some time down by the pond today, roasting balogna on a stick over a fire, just like my dad taught me. God bless you daddy. I miss you.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
kunk1963
Inferno SS

Drives: 2011 Inferno 2SS/RS
Hope All U Dads out there have a Great Day, HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!!!

2012 Centennial Edition Corvette
2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
2011 Merlot Street Glide
2013 IOM ZL1 A6 w/Black Wheels, Order Pending
USAF Retired & Lovin Life one day at a time!!!!
kunk1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Great Story and may we all be worthy of the best title in the world: "Dad".
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Great story Scott. And to all our dad's and grand dads, and to us dads and grand dads, Happy Father's day!!
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #7
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Happy father's day (mine is out golfing)
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
30 some years ago, a man was introduced to a young girl, by his kids, he watched her grow, he watched as her parents ripped her world a part. Watched as she was shuffled between family members, who wanted to protect her but couldnt when her mother, decided to take her back. Watched & heard when her step father beat her, heard the stories of the young lady's mother beating her. Losing contact with her, because of her Mother's hate of his family, hoping to see this young lady again, hoping she will be ok.

20yrs ago, he gets a phone call by his daughter & daughter in law, asking if this young lady can come stay with him & his wife. Of course it was a YES. her step dad had threated just months earlier to break both of her legs, the young lady still had scars that no one, can ever see. The time was right, her mother & step dad were out of the state, dealing with family business, leaving her to take care of two young kids & get to school at the same time.
he can protect her now!

Dec 8th 1991, he hears a car pull up & goes out side with his wife, Sees not the young girl he remembered but a young lady that needed to be protected more than ever. He sees the bruses & He walked over to put his arms around her, feeling her cringe with fear, then finally in tears.
a few days later the cops show up at his door, asking for the young lady, Wondering what to do. The young lady stands beside him & says its ok, I will be back, if not today in two weeks when I am leagal. Cops didnt understand, finally her story comes out to them.

Over the next few years, he watch her grow up, watching her lose her fear of men, but still remain worrysome around them, & fall in love with his son. Aug 27th 1993 He married his son to this young lady. Making her offically his daughter.
July 21st 1994, he holds his Grandson, after working the late night shift at the hospital.
Nov 1997 his Son, his daughter & grandson moved away, but they still come to see him.
April 1998, he gets a phone call from his daughter, shes pregant again.
August 31st 1998, he gets a phone call that There is a granddaughter now (the only one he will ever have) Only getting to see her once.

Nov 9th 1998, his daughter in law of only 5yrs gets the phone call hes gone, Cancer has taken him. What they didnt tell her is that he really passed on Nov 8th 1998, her husband's & his son's birthday.

To this day I miss you Dad, you are the only dad that I have given my heart to, who I felt protected by.
You may of not be by father of birth, but you are my father of my heart.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Happy Father's Day to all of the father's out there, including my own whom I wouldn't trade for anything in the world!
Old 06-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #10
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
that is a great wirte up. And that is definitly my dad as well as all of our dads. Thank you Scott for the write up. if im half the dad my dad is, my kids will be very lucky. I have alot of time before that happens but i plan to follow my dad's methods..
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
happy ... father`s day ..
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
@ Iroczlover & heRS...*great* posts...thanks for sharing.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #13
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Thanks for posting that and Happy Father's Day.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #14
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
A special prayer goes out today for all the Dads who have lost their children, for all the children who have lost their dads, and to the families whose loved ones are not home because they are serving in the military. I know that today is difficult for all of these families. My daughter lost her father in September, and I lost my life-long companion , and today has been very difficult for us. So please take a moment to think of everyone whose Father's Day is more painful than happy, and be thankful for your fathers and for your children.

mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote