Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2008, 01:58 AM   #29
Th3Nigh7Stalk3r

Drives: 1991 Caprice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Of the 5th Gen special edition/s? No. Not yet. I sure hope that as they are being built, pix surface. I know we'll be putting up plenty of pix of all special edition Camaros.
Ok, if I may ask, how much is the Special edition 5th Gen camaro??
Th3Nigh7Stalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:08 AM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Nigh7Stalk3r View Post
Ok, if I may ask, how much is the Special edition 5th Gen camaro??
That all depends on what you order on it. In all honesty, I don't know what I'm going to do w/ my car. I'm pretty sure you get to add this and that....but also think there could be different "phases." So, it's possible that price will depend upon the customer.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:14 AM   #31
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quick question. Can I send it to Tom Henry after I buy it from somewhere else. Or is it like an aftermarket package.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:26 AM   #32
BAMA 69
STANG KILLER

Drives: 1969 Camaro SS
Quote:
You got it! I'm not exactly sure just how his allocation worked out, but I believe all of his first round orders are spoken for. Contact him. Let him know you are interested. IF his allocation of Camaros is already filled, I'm sure you could do a drop ship to him to get your special edition made.
Thanks for the info but I'm still about a year or so form order time.

So I guess I will just keep a lookout for your new ride
Question
Is the T.H.R. SS = to a firehawk (back in 2002)?
I had a 2002 firehawk( I know its not a camaro but i got a good deal) for a litte of a year. I know SLP made them, Did SLP make a camaro?
So how does the T.H.R.SS rank with SLP?

"What is a Camaro?",

"a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs".

(wikipedia camaro)
BAMA 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:09 PM   #33
Tom Henry Racing

Drives: 98 Brickyard,The latest THR build
I don't have a lot of info to release yet, we need to get our hands on a car and start lining up parts vendors. We will have a rep at SEMA doing some legwork, and I am working with SLP on a few pieces. We currently do corvettes with SLP. For the most part the first cars will not have a package per se, it will be a custom list of what the customer wants VS what is available at the time.
Tom Henry Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #34
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Congrats' Tag'! That's awesome, and I, too, am jealous. I think my car, when it's time, is going to be configured similar to yours. Nice choices

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #35
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

I'm finally able to say that I've placed my order for a new 5th Gen...and I gotta tell you all....it feels GREAT!

It's been ordered through and is going to be shipped to Tom Henry in PA.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Tom Henry or Tom Henry Racing, check out the links provided below for who they are and what they've done.

http://www.tomhenryracing.com/default.htm
http://www.tomhenryracing.com/toys/ss_camaro.htm

For our new 5th Gen Camaros, there's talk of:
  • performance engine upgrades
  • performance chambered exhuast
  • cosmetic changes (painted stripes, badging, etc)

Right now, my order stands as is:

2SS
RS Package
Cyber Gray
Black Interior
LS3 6spd
Cyber Gray Engine Cover
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Gray w/ Black Stripes Car Cover

............and if the budget allows, it, guess what I'm going to do!
Hey Tag you ar not the only one dealing with TOM. I will be sending my camaro over to PA to have Tom do some special stuff to it. I will not tell any one what I have descused. But once the car is done then I will let you know. I will say that as far as looks go I am deciding on doing the Bumblebee look or doing the Jinxs Blue and black Z28 desighn w/ out the Z28 logo.

Last edited by 13F20; 10-23-2008 at 04:20 PM.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #36
Th3Nigh7Stalk3r

Drives: 1991 Caprice
What what exactly did you get on it? Or are you just going to put everything on it once you get it?
Th3Nigh7Stalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #37
HOT LS3

Drives: Chevrolet
First off congrats! With that said ordering a Camaro from Tom Henry may have sentimental value but it's my understanding nobody is offering anything like the 4th Gen stuff from Tom Henry or GMMG...yet. So any "Special Edition's" will be aftermarket stuff the owner wants and not a true limited edition production vehicle correct? Now if you could just get them to drop in a 7.0L LS7. Hmmm 427 factory built Camaro's running LS7's!
HOT LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:50 PM   #38
Tom Henry Racing

Drives: 98 Brickyard,The latest THR build
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT LS3 View Post
First off congrats! With that said ordering a Camaro from Tom Henry may have sentimental value but it's my understanding nobody is offering anything like the 4th Gen stuff from Tom Henry or GMMG...yet. So any "Special Edition's" will be aftermarket stuff the owner wants and not a true limited edition production vehicle correct? Now if you could just get them to drop in a 7.0L LS7. Hmmm 427 factory built Camaro's running LS7's!

Nope, we will need to figure out the computer before we start hopping more.
Tom Henry Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #39
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Just to let you know The Little Weasel is Tom Henry lol.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:33 AM   #40
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Quick question. Can I send it to Tom Henry after I buy it from somewhere else. Or is it like an aftermarket package.
I'm sure you could send it to him. I don't see why not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA 69 View Post
Thanks for the info but I'm still about a year or so form order time.

So I guess I will just keep a lookout for your new ride
Question
Is the T.H.R. SS = to a firehawk (back in 2002)?
I had a 2002 firehawk( I know its not a camaro but i got a good deal) for a litte of a year. I know SLP made them, Did SLP make a camaro?
So how does the T.H.R.SS rank with SLP?
Not yet...exactly. Don't downplay the 2002 Firehawk! It's one hell of a car! Turtle and Naomi have one too...still has the new car smell (*envious!*)
SLP made all the SS's for GM. You'd order the SS from your dealer, the factory would build a Z28 and ship it to Toms River, NJ where it would get the hood, spoiler, and the other additions you wanted. As far as rank, check out Tom's link. Read about his "toys." Looking at what he said, it appears as though he's going to offer products to add on for the purchaser before delivery...so....pretty much whatever you could think of, I'd imagine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Congrats' Tag'! That's awesome, and I, too, am jealous. I think my car, when it's time, is going to be configured similar to yours. Nice choices
Thanks, and I sure hope it all works out. My ultimate purchase still depends on two very BIG things. Right now, they are in line with working out, but it still always scares me....to think about something falling through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
Hey Tag you ar not the only one dealing with TOM. I will be sending my camaro over to PA to have Tom do some special stuff to it. I will not tell any one what I have descused. But once the car is done then I will let you know. I will say that as far as looks go I am deciding on doing the Bumblebee look or doing the Jinxs Blue and black Z28 desighn w/ out the Z28 logo.
I can't wait to see what you two have cooked up! It's great when you get to "get" whatever you want upon taking delivery...too cool! Congrats, man...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Nigh7Stalk3r View Post
What what exactly did you get on it? Or are you just going to put everything on it once you get it?
Right now, it's as is...as you see. I have not ordered anything else on it. That'll all come later on.
Quote:
From what I understood, they would not be numbered yet...but could possibly be. That remains to be found out. we'll see!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #41
BAMA 69
STANG KILLER

Drives: 1969 Camaro SS
Quote:
Not yet...exactly. Don't downplay the 2002 Firehawk! It's one hell of a car! Turtle and Naomi have one too...still has the new car smell (*envious!*)
SLP made all the SS's for GM. You'd order the SS from your dealer, the factory would build a Z28 and ship it to Toms River, NJ where it would get the hood, spoiler, and the other additions you wanted. As far as rank, check out Tom's link. Read about his "toys." Looking at what he said, it appears as though he's going to offer products to add on for the purchaser before delivery...so....pretty much whatever you could think of, I'd imagine!
Hold up! I 'm not downplaying the Hawk in no means. It was and still is one bad ass car and i loved it. It's a car you don't see very often and I love that, and I'm wanting my camaro to be the same.

The comment ( I know its not a camaro but i got a good deal) was joke. One night after getting it I went to the street races... (I don't race just went to hangout) when I got there it was just about all camaros for the most part they were cool but 2or 3 guys walked up and said
"cool car but it not a camaro" I just started
and Tag a FYI just get ready because when i order my C5 I will have Questions for you if you don't mind.

"What is a Camaro?",

"a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs".

(wikipedia camaro)
BAMA 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #42
CDBiker220

Drives: 98 camaro z28
Wow, i didnt realize tom henry did so much aftermarket, i live 5 min down the road from them. Maybe ill order my camaro from them in may when i get out of college
CDBiker220 is offline   Reply With Quote