Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
my NOT so GM Certified Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
How is that certified pre owned?
Had to take the car to a local dealership(Not the one I bought the car from) to get a reverse light replaced, which is an after market reverse light.

I had talked to the dealership I bought the car from, and they said the car was under the warranties and this vehicle could be taken to any GM dealership to be repaired. Well the local dealership said they can't replace it because it is aftermarket(which I thought they would say). And they said this car never should have been Certified.. Car has the 20%Tint, ORACLE High Power Tinted Reverse lights, ORACLE Concept side markers, Tinted Taillights, Borla Cat Back Exhaust, K & N CAI... So after a phone call to GM I now must wait for them to contact the dealership whom would not work on the car. So basically I got told a lie by the dealership in which I bought the car from.

The car does come up as Certified Pre Owned when they search in their system. And I do have paperwork from my purchase claiming it to be Certified Pre Owned, Can I take any legal action against the dealership in which I bought the car from, this is going to create a lot of head aches for me, and delay my desire to store the car for the winter, as I will likely be messing around trying to get the issue resolved with the reverse light.
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
one dealerships opinion.... may have been replaced by the dealership you bought it from? but it is aftermarket therefore a warranty for a light may not apply, and you should IMO do it yourself....
Old 12-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
Tricksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
one dealerships opinion.... may have been replaced by the dealership you bought it from? but it is aftermarket therefore a warranty for a light may not apply, and you should IMO do it yourself....
The dealership I bought it from said they were contacting ORACLE to see if they could order it, the thing is, the dealership I purchased it from is 2hours away from me.. Long drive to make again... and even if so, If in fact this vehicle should never have been certified then I can not trust anything that the Certified Inspection covers, because someone obviously didn't know what they were doing if it turns out it shouldn't of been certified.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Yeah that sucks. I would def complain to GM about it. They've solved all my dealership problems.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Seems that common sense would tell you the aftermarket items wouldn't be covered. You knew there were mods on the car when you purchased it. Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #6
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Seems that common sense would tell you the aftermarket items wouldn't be covered. You knew there were mods on the car when you purchased it. Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it.
Yeah the aftermarket stuff needs to be dealt with separately. But the false pretenses in which his car was purchased, also needs to be addressed by the dealer and or GM. As the value of a non GM certified vehicle would be less.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #7
Tricksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
No need to be an ass hat here buddy, I knew the mods were there yes, but to tell me a dealership would fix the issue, after I brought up the fact they were aftermarket, was bad on them. I have no problem fixing the issue myself, but why waste my time if someone else was going to do it. Now I'm concerned with the fact they did sell me the car under pretenses of it being Certified Pre Owned, as I'm sure I'm not the only one this possibly happened to. It needs to be addressed as to not happen again.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #8
cant_get_rite

Drives: 2013 CRT/2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Yeah the aftermarket stuff needs to be dealt with separately. But the false pretenses in which his car was purchased, also needs to be addressed by the dealer and or GM. As the value of a non GM certified vehicle would be less.
+1
cant_get_rite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #9
JacekPSUr1
2013 1SS in IOM

Drives: 2013 1SS
They obviously won't be fixing, or replacing your aftermarket parts, and they shouldn't. But as far as any other 'stock' parts, everything else should be covered; I would think.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #10
Tricksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacekPSUr1 View Post
They obviously won't be fixing, or replacing your aftermarket parts, and they shouldn't. But as far as any other 'stock' parts, everything else should be covered; I would think.
I understand they shouldn't fix it, but the fact this car passed a certified inspection is what amazes me, it never should have passed.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #11
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Why not have the dealer put in oem reverse lights?
Old 12-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #12
Tricksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
Why not have the dealer put in oem reverse lights?
The simple fact of I love the look of the aftermarket LED reverse lights, also they are tinted lenses.

but again, the fact of them not repairing the issue is not a concern of mine really, the fact I was sold a car that was told to be of Certified Pre Owned standards, and turns out it was not, is what irks me.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #13
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
there is probably a disclaimer:

Aftermarket Non-GM Parts/Accessories
Many cosmetic-type non-GM aftermarket accessories are approved for Certified Pre-Owned vehicles. In cases where the aftermarket accessory detracts from the appearance, lowers the value, or is not operational, the accessory must be removed (i.e., holes, marks). All accessories must meet approved GM engineering standards (must past inspection) before they can be sold as a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. If a non-GM accessory is not on the list below and installed on the vehicle, the accessory will have to be removed or the vehicle is not allowed to be certified.
Note: A disclosure must be made on the Bill of Sale to the consumer that non-GM parts and accessories have no GM Warranty. Please refer to 172 Point Inspection & Reconditioning Checklist.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #14
JacekPSUr1
2013 1SS in IOM

Drives: 2013 1SS
I'm just curious, what are the requirements and what exactly is covered on a Certified Pre-Owned car?