Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #57
STuRTzz

Drives: '12 Summit White 2ls W/Black Stripe
Yea it took like 10 minutes to get on the server. Sucks cuz I only had like an hour to play.
STuRTzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #58
Stack4

Drives: 2014 SW 2LT/RS M6
I don't like the game at all. MW2 and 3 are much better in my opinion. Black Ops 2 isn't a bad game, I just hate the feel of it and how I ALWAYS get shot from every angle possible by multiple people.
Stack4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #59
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack4 View Post
I don't like the game at all. MW2 and 3 are much better in my opinion. Black Ops 2 isn't a bad game, I just hate the feel of it and how I ALWAYS get shot from every angle possible by multiple people.

I've had plenty of games like that...and it always seems to come in a cycle of them not just one....then all of a sudden they stop. There's only one answer for games like that...... RAGE QUIT!!!! and find a new lobby.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #60
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
You're right, after I read your post, I checked again and it worked.

I would like to think that they will get all the bugs out of the game and server by the time I end up getting the game, but Xmas will bring a whole new wave of people....

I'm just not so sure I am going to renew my premium account.....definitely not happy with the quality of the server and/or website. Anyone heard or seen what if anything premium gets you in BO2???????? or are they just going with the season pass for extra content?
Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #61
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Yea I have to say I'm pretty dissappointed in this game so far. It's pretty bad. From a multiplayer perspective:

gameplay - bad. I feel like I'm playing that very first CoD that was launched with the Xbox 360. Very acrade-y feel to it. The graphics and detail are very bland. The weapons do not fire very realistically. Also, the weapons are very unbalanced and mismatched.

loadout - I felt like I was gonna have a seizure or panic attack trying to scroll through all the loadout/weapons menus. Not appealing at all. I could create-o-class in MW3 in like 15 seconds. It took me 15 seconds just to find create a class. The menus are just too busy.

Maps - So far, they seem kinda "blah" and lazy. Not a lot of intricate detail. Too much straight-forward run-and-gun. I haven't seen a lot of workable angles. It seems like, "If you're standing here, you can shoot here or here". Not much creativity. And being that the guns are pretty mismatched, whatever your weapon class of choice is, you are restricted to that role. For example, I had an AR and had a sniper on the other side of the map pegged. I unloaded half a clip into him with staggered shots, and nicked him up. He just shrugged it off and sniped me in the face. In MW3, the same scenario, a few well placed AR shots brings down a sniper.

I dunno, not very sold on the game. Halo 4 is a much better multiplayer experience. the weapons fire more crisp, the combat is more balanced, the maps have way more angles. A complete flip of Halo Reach vs CoD MW3. Treyarch kinda dropped the ball.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #62
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
I would like to think that they will get all the bugs out of the game and server by the time I end up getting the game, but Xmas will bring a whole new wave of people....

I'm just not so sure I am going to renew my premium account.....definitely not happy with the quality of the server and/or website. Anyone heard or seen what if anything premium gets you in BO2???????? or are they just going with the season pass for extra content?
Elite 2.0 is free now. There is no premium. You have to buy the season pass for the DLC or just buy it as it comes out. Season pass just saves you $10.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #63
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Yea I have to say I'm pretty dissappointed in this game so far. It's pretty bad. From a multiplayer perspective:

gameplay - bad. I feel like I'm playing that very first CoD that was launched with the Xbox 360. Very acrade-y feel to it. The graphics and detail are very bland. The weapons do not fire very realistically. Also, the weapons are very unbalanced and mismatched.

loadout - I felt like I was gonna have a seizure or panic attack trying to scroll through all the loadout/weapons menus. Not appealing at all. I could create-o-class in MW3 in like 15 seconds. It took me 15 seconds just to find create a class. The menus are just too busy.

Maps - So far, they seem kinda "blah" and lazy. Not a lot of intricate detail. Too much straight-forward run-and-gun. I haven't seen a lot of workable angles. It seems like, "If you're standing here, you can shoot here or here". Not much creativity. And being that the guns are pretty mismatched, whatever your weapon class of choice is, you are restricted to that role. For example, I had an AR and had a sniper on the other side of the map pegged. I unloaded half a clip into him with staggered shots, and nicked him up. He just shrugged it off and sniped me in the face. In MW3, the same scenario, a few well placed AR shots brings down a sniper.

I dunno, not very sold on the game. Halo 4 is a much better multiplayer experience. the weapons fire more crisp, the combat is more balanced, the maps have way more angles. A complete flip of Halo Reach vs CoD MW3. Treyarch kinda dropped the ball.
I do agree with you on the weapon balance. It will be fixed though. Snipers are ridiculous right now. 1 hit kills at any distance on any part if the body right now. On the flip side however, I haven't had any issues with across the map kills with ARs. I've pretty much used the Type 25 for all my play and already prestiged it twice and finished the long shot accolades.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #64
Stack4

Drives: 2014 SW 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post

I completely agree with most of this.

I've been playing today and have actually started to like it a bit more. I got into a lobby with horrible players and played a few good games, all of them over 50 kills, except search.
Stack4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #65
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Got the game yesterday and started playing through campaign mode. I'm starting to get the hang of it, but not to the point where I feel comfortable enough.

My gamertag is the same as my C5 screen name.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #66
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I like it. I disagree with Wheelman regarding the maps; I thought most of them were well done. The weapon balance is off, as it has been with every COD that came before it. They'll patch it to get the balance right, so no worries there. Once my clan was able to actually go online, the matchmaking and gameplay seemed to be smooth and trouble-free.

I do agree with Wheelman regarding the unnaturalness of the weapons; they sound cartoony and weak, as do the explosives. It will take about a half-hour to set up weapons and emblems, etc., as the interface is indeed "busy". Overall though, awesome game.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #67
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
I like it. I disagree with Wheelman regarding the maps; I thought most of them were well done. The weapon balance is off, as it has been with every COD that came before it. They'll patch it to get the balance right, so no worries there. Once my clan was able to actually go online, the matchmaking and gameplay seemed to be smooth and trouble-free.

I do agree with Wheelman regarding the unnaturalness of the weapons; they sound cartoony and weak, as do the explosives. It will take about a half-hour to set up weapons and emblems, etc., as the interface is indeed "busy". Overall though, awesome game.
I don't know if it's just me but I think the game sounds good. Sure the guns aren't realistic but I think everything, especially the explosives, sound awesome on a high quality audio system. Except for the death machine and sentry gun though.

I do agree about the menus. It took some getting used to but I can fly through them now, not as quick as mw3 and blops though.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #68
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
I don't know if it's just me but I think the game sounds good. Sure the guns aren't realistic but I think everything, especially the explosives, sound awesome on a high quality audio system. Except for the death machine and sentry gun though.

I do agree about the menus. It took some getting used to but I can fly through them now, not as quick as mw3 and blops though.

XBOX only ehh? oh well, I will be over here mobbin on my PS3.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #69
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
XBOX only ehh? oh well, I will be over here mobbin on my PS3.
Yep I play the box bud. Get an Xbox and come see what real gaming is about lol. I have an extra one.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #70
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
BO2 is freaking trash lol. It's terrible. You can't even hear foot steps anymore. Definitely returning it and getting my money back.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote