Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-29-2015, 07:21 AM   #1
IOM_Angel

Drives: 13' IOM 2SS/RS
Post Need Help with Wiring Door Projectors

Just purchased a set of the "SS" door projectors (Puddle Lights) off of Amazon. I'm pretty good with turning wrenches, ect. but electrical projects are a whole different story and would appreciate any help the C5 community can provide.

I think what I need is a constant hot wire from the power door locks / power miorror / power windows and a switched ground from the door latch switch.

Does anybody have any experience or a procedure for this install? Just helping me to identify color codes of the appropriate wires would be a tremendous help.
IOM_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:57 AM   #2
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
You can use the wire that powers your ambient door lighting if you wish. I DC'd my door lighting in lieu of leather inserts. I utilized the power for the ambient lights thus allowing me to dim, turn off puddle lights as well as have them turn on when I opened the door. Just one option.

pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #3
IOM_Angel

I like that option.
Tie into the Hot wire from the ambient door lighting and ground to the door latch switch?
Any Idea of the color codes? I've never learned to use a multi-meter.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:54 AM   #4
pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM_Angel View Post
I like that option.
Tie into the Hot wire from the ambient door lighting and ground to the door latch switch?
Any Idea of the color codes? I've never learned to use a multi-meter.
It's actually just a 2 lead plug that plugs into the door lighting. If you want a really clean install, you could see if Gen5DIY could make a splitter for this. They had the plug I needed for mine.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:39 AM   #5
IOM_Angel

Thanks
Was able to locate an Interior Lighting Schematic for a '10 LS.
Should be pretty straight forward.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2015, 01:51 AM   #6
Graphicsgod

Drives: 2015 Manual Hot Red 2LS Camaro
Nice love to do this! But anyone know a good company and where to buy that isn't crappy cheap ones?!? I've read reviews online and most of the complaints is that the image fades and disappears after a couple months..

Old 12-30-2015, 05:53 AM   #7
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Nooo don't use ABL for power! See this post it has all the wiring info along with pics. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291207
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:02 AM   #8
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicsgod View Post
Nice love to do this! But anyone know a good company and where to buy that isn't crappy cheap ones?!? I've read reviews online and most of the complaints is that the image fades and disappears after a couple months..

You want only Oracle Gobo lights ...http://oraclelights.com/automotive-l...LED-Projectors
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:28 AM   #9
pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
You want only Oracle Gobo lights ...http://oraclelights.com/automotive-l...LED-Projectors
Haven't had any problem with mine, and paid roughly $60 for the set, including the custom graphic I couldn't get here in the States. Ordered them directly from a guy in China. Haven't had any fading problems or other problems with mine, even though they are on when the ABL is on at night. However, I do not do a lot a night time driving either.

EDIT: This is where I purchased mine. http://buy4car.com

Last edited by pony; 12-30-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:51 AM   #10
rgreene1971

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Haven't had any problem with mine, and paid roughly $60 for the set, including the custom graphic I couldn't get here in the States. Ordered them directly from a guy in China. Haven't had any fading problems or other problems with mine, even though they are on when the ABL is on at night. However, I do not do a lot a night time driving either.

EDIT: This is where I purchased mine. http://buy4car.com
Do you have any contact info for the ones you ordered? I like the custom graphic.

COMP Cams XFI Street/Strip, Lingenfelter LS3 Heads, AHR Long tube headers + X pipe, FAST LSXR 102mm Intake manifold, LMR Cold air intake, Flowmaster 3" stainless steel exhaust, NoWeeds Exhaust cutouts, Platinum Valve spring kit, ZEX NOS system 175hp shot, Eibach Pro-Kit performance lowering springs (1" drop all around), Custom grills, bumper ports, etc....
rgreene1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:15 AM   #11
pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreene1971 View Post
Do you have any contact info for the ones you ordered? I like the custom graphic.
I would just contact them through the "contact" on website. They/He was very responsive to emails, but remember the time difference. Many times at night we would go back/forth getting the details of my logo correct. I just had to send a jpeg image. Remember, there IS a language and email translation factor involved, and can be funny and frustrating at the same time. In the end, they came out great, for a great price. I guarantee you the big names are using the same suppliers, and jacking up the prices 4 fold. I actually found a certain "prebent scanner bar" from one who was producing it for a "USA supplier".
Old 12-30-2015, 10:36 AM   #12
IOM_Angel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Nooo don't use ABL for power! See this post it has all the wiring info along with pics. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291207
Thanks Man !!

Thats exactly what I was looking for