Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #29
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I have Hotchkis, and the ride is fine, the asethetics are really nice too. I believe the car is lowered about 1 (rear) - 1.5" (front).

On another topic, vendors should not be responding to these sorts of questions becuase it's obvious your pushing your own products.

Let, experiences of your customers speak for your products.
These are some old threads you're pulling out of the archives... Back in january there weren't many drop springs out there, so any info was good info.

We've learned a LOT from mfg. reps, so as long as they're in a thread asking "which is best" we may get some insight as to which really IS best.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #30
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
bachs for maros...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #31
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I have Hotchkis, and the ride is fine, the asethetics are really nice too. I believe the car is lowered about 1 (rear) - 1.5" (front).

On another topic, vendors should not be responding to these sorts of questions becuase it's obvious your pushing your own products.

Let, experiences of your customers speak for your products.
+1. Stop the sales pitch, Peddars, Pfadt.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:23 PM   #32
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Then post up a thread that asks the manufacturers NOT to repy. You forget that not only are the PAYING to be here, they are members as well. Their opinion is just as good, if not better, than anyone elses here. As members they can post where they like.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #33
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Then post up a thread that asks the manufacturers NOT to repy. You forget that not only are the PAYING to be here, they are members as well. Their opinion is just as good, if not better, than anyone elses here. As members they can post where they like.
I get they are paying to be here in the Vendor section, this is the tech section not the Merketplace. Their opinions are biased and seem to all end with my product is better and if you buy something else, you're clueless. They want to provide tech knowledge fine, but ease up on my product is the only one to use. By the way, I see you got one of the named providers stuff on your car, so hmmm, I'm guessing you're not biased either.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #34
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Pfadt!!!

i think the ride is improved with the drop springs!

some before and after pics here

btw....i like to hear what the vendors have to say.....i have learned a lot from the suspension guys.....thanks!!!!

Last edited by GJG; 09-25-2010 at 09:15 PM.
GJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #35
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Quote:
the vendors opinions on this topic are wantred and needed on this thread. They have the knowledge and experence with these products to give facts abouit them which is a little more useful than some guys a$$ dyno opionion about products....but those a$$ dyno's are welcome info too.

All thoughts and opinions are welcome as long as they contribute to the thread and help answer the OP's question.....now throwing in these types of critical remarks don't really help the OP so let's all just keep it movin' bro
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #36
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
I get they are paying to be here in the Vendor section, this is the tech section not the Merketplace. Their opinions are biased and seem to all end with my product is better and if you buy something else, you're clueless. They want to provide tech knowledge fine, but ease up on my product is the only one to use. By the way, I see you got one of the named providers stuff on your car, so hmmm, I'm guessing you're not biased either.
No i'm not biased against anyone elses springs. I researched and came to the decision as to what company I bought from. I've never said Pedders was crap and actually have posted the opposite. I give my opinion on the ones I have while not bashing the other guys. Do you really think a guy that just spent $2k+ on Pedders parts is going to say he wishes he had gone with Pfadt or vise versa? No they won't. By your last sentence, anyone that has a set of aftermarket springs is biased towards their choice. That means NOBODYS opinion should be trusted.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #37
zirotti

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Pfadt springs & sways

zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:11 AM   #38
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
BMR has an awesome spring setup... 1" rear... 1.25" front...