Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #1849
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Back in the build thread. I've been thinking about doing this off and on for a couple of years, and it's back in my head again. I really like the IOM and matte black theme, and this would take it to the next level. Here are some old renderings I did (before changing the hood), and some new ones. Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Images

Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #1850
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Awesome Russ - though I would do that little bit at the top of the front bumper just so you don't have the IOM stripe. Also, if you do go through with this I would really recommend using a vinyl wrap for the matte black in lieu of painting it - just to save yourself the hassle of having to maintain the matte finish
Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #1851
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Awesome Russ - though I would do that little bit at the top of the front bumper just so you don't have the IOM stripe. Also, if you do go through with this I would really recommend using a vinyl wrap for the matte black in lieu of painting it - just to save yourself the hassle of having to maintain the matte finish
Thanks. I'll Photoshop it again, but I actually wanted the contrast on the front bumper. There's a hard line there on the hood, and I'm not sure I want to blend it in to the existing black.

I haven't gotten a quote on the matte black paint yet, but I'm really not a big fan of wraps. My car is a garage kept weekend car now, so I really don't think maintenance will be a big problem.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #1852
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

OK...so now you've confused me.

They both look good.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #1853
Sgt Rock
Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
i vote 2nd pic!
Sgt Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #1854
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
OK...so now you've confused me.

They both look good.
You *could* pinstripe the center part of the hood (your new hood I mean). That way you don't lose it all to the black.

Kind of like this - but you have to imagine it's a good rendering.

Name:  untitled.JPG
Views: 441
Size:  152.8 KB
Old 01-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #1855
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
You *could* pinstripe the center part of the hood (your new hood I mean). That way you don't lose it all to the black.
I also thought about painting the grills inside the hood IOM. Like this...
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #1856
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
I tink the 1st pic would look really good if it wasn't blacked out around the grille. If you want to keep it blacked out then I would go with the 2nd pic. Either way you go I think the screens in the hood should be IOM
Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #1857
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I also thought about painting the grills inside the hood IOM. Like this...
That looks really good too
Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #1858
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
I think it looks amazing! Personally, Ive always loved how classy your build was, everything you did seemed like it should have come from the factory that way (maybe not the rims), but your rims were the first and possibly only giant two-tone rims Ive ever liked.

That being said, this paint job, and I guess maybe the new hood (the old hood was very sleeper-ish), are getting away from the classy/refined/OEM-esque look and jumping into the extreme super exterior modded class.

I like both! Personally with my cars ive gone to the more refined way, but if I had a second car I would definitely go all out and do a crazy paint job, crazy rims, big spoiler, etc.

Obviously this isnt your DD and might not be your only project like my car is(I feel like you have a cts), either way, Id go all out on it and do the paint job.

I like the orange vents on the hood, and possibly orange pinstriping somewhere in there. And I definitely like the black going all the way down the fascia, dont leave that little strip.

I say do the pinstripe like Steiger said, and continue it on the roof and onto the trunk. Basically doing an orange outline of the "center stripe" or Zl1 stripe package you can get from the factory.

I know alot of people black stuff out and end up adding color later on.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #1859
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
I think it looks amazing! Personally, Ive always loved how classy your build was, everything you did seemed like it should have come from the factory that way (maybe not the rims), but your rims were the first and possibly only giant two-tone rims Ive ever liked.

That being said, this paint job, and I guess maybe the new hood (the old hood was very sleeper-ish), are getting away from the classy/refined/OEM-esque look and jumping into the extreme super exterior modded class.

I like both! Personally with my cars ive gone to the more refined way, but if I had a second car I would definitely go all out and do a crazy paint job, crazy rims, big spoiler, etc.

Obviously this isnt your DD and might not be your only project like my car is(I feel like you have a cts), either way, Id go all out on it and do the paint job.

I like the orange vents on the hood, and possibly orange pinstriping somewhere in there. And I definitely like the black going all the way down the fascia, dont leave that little strip.

I say do the pinstripe like Steiger said, and continue it on the roof and onto the trunk. Basically doing an orange outline of the "center stripe" or Zl1 stripe package you can get from the factory.

I know alot of people black stuff out and end up adding color later on.
Thanks. I really have always gone more refined, but I do a lot of car shows and feel I need something a little "bigger". I know this will change the look, but don't think it will turn out gaudy.

This is definitely my only project car, and has gone much bigger than I'd ever anticipated. My daily driver is an Infiniti, but I'd definitely like to replace it with a CTS-V at some point.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #1860
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

OK Stig...you really got me liking this black front end thing. Here are updated renderings.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #1861
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Looks great Russ! I like tying in the hood and the bumper too.

If it were me, I'd try and match the sheen of your wheels. They look to be a satin finish....much like the new BMW colors. Just a touch of shine! That would be easier to maintain as well. I went to the Auto Show lat week and the satin BMW car that was there was being touched left and right by people....yet no fingerprints. Matte finish would show that.....

You may want to consider a very thin accent stripe between the black and orange.
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #1862
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooG View Post
Looks great Russ! I like tying in the hood and the bumper too.

If it were me, I'd try and match the sheen of your wheels. They look to be a satin finish....much like the new BMW colors. Just a touch of shine! That would be easier to maintain as well. I went to the Auto Show lat week and the satin BMW car that was there was being touched left and right by people....yet no fingerprints. Matte finish would show that.....

You may want to consider a very thin accent stripe between the black and orange.
It would be the same paint that's on the front bumper, and it matches well with the wheels. Maybe it's not completely matte...maybe it is more of a satin.