Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #113
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
Gongrats you two, the car looks great and I can't wait to see it when you bring it up north. I want to drive it around the block, please?
Hmmmm, Steve, I'll definitely be out and about - but I'll have to think about letting random men drive my car
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #114
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty1970 View Post
yea, I didn't know what it was either....seems kinda gimmicky to me, if something hard enough hits your bumper, it will go right through that stuff, from what I can tell it is really thin. But it might help with bugs. I would personally worry about the discoloration issues between it and the rest of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro45thAE View Post
When applied correctly and fully dry, the "bra" is pretty tough. It's meant to protect your paint from road debris and causing chips or scratches.....bugs too. Think of it as cheap insurance vs having to repaint your entire front clip.

It's not meant for stopping heavy damage cause by serious blunt force.
Clear bra is amazing. I've been using it on my cars since 2002, and some states use it as an almost standard product on new cars. I can't figure out what is going on when I see someone in a new car with a huge piece of black vinyl on the front of their car.

It IS extremely tough. When my '02 SS was rear ended at 7 years, causing a four car pileup, my full clear bra was still intact on the front of the car. The front of the car was collapsed in on itself, with the clear bra still perfectly molded to the panels and unsplit on the front bumper and hood. I have had very few rock chips in the last 10 years due to clear bra material on my vehicles. I usually go full bumper 12-18" up the hood, and behind the wheels. Some people do their mirrors, but I don't usually find I have a problem with rock chips there.

You can't see it from far away and if you have a good install, you can hardly see it up close. Yet it protects against rock chips, stays on the car, and removes easily if you need to take it off. The downside is where?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma105 View Post
Hey Exflirt! that clearbra looks great!! which package did you get? full hood or partial?
I did partial hood, because I do plan to pull this hood and fascia off. I will probably do 18" up the hood on the new version. Will be doing behind the wheels in a few weeks!
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
Old 08-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #115
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMiami View Post
exflirt: We are all waiting on the pictures! If all went well, you should have Lyssa right about now! At least post your thoughts when you finally saw her! CONGRATS again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mylove View Post
Exflirt, have you stopped smiling???!!!! I got mine today too, so I know the feeling. See post thread TPW 8/8/11- Join the club for photos.
So I showed up to the dealership just after 10:00 this morning, and there she was in the showroom. She looked great - the guys who have spent the last three days working on her really did a fantastic job. I can't even imagine how horrible she looked on Tuesday, filthy dirty with no tint!

Took only about 20 minutes to sign all the papers, then she was pulled out of the building and off we went. It was very exciting to be driving a V8 Camaro again I can't put the top down until tomorrow due to the tint setting up, but I figured I have waiting this long for the car, so I can wait one more day to go topless!

The paint on this car is just gorgeous. Chevy hit a home run with this color - I can't stop staring at it. The stripes are interesting and unique and they really command attention. I really like the interior, with the stitching, the 45th emblem on the dash panel, the backup camera, and the HUD. The seats are amazingly comfortable, which is important to me as I have back and neck problems from my accident. As I've stated before, I'm not a big fan of the steering wheel - it just doesn't fit my smaller hands very well - but you'll probably never hear me make another comment about it again. Because who really cares about the darned steering wheel! Some things that will take some getting used to - the quietness of the engine and exhaust, the standard suspension, and the shifter. While my '02 was a different car, it was growly, cornered better, and shifted more crisply. But just when I get used to these things, they're all gonna get changed up again with new parts!

I'm attending a cruise planned for tomorrow to celebrate ddunerider's birthday. We're gonna travel to Mt. Wilson and be back in the afternoon, so it'll be a good chance to see how badly my hair gets messed up with the top down!

Thank you everyone, for your congratulations and well wishes. I appreciate hanging out in person and on the forums with a great group of people who love this car so much and probably experience the highs and lows of ordering one!

Coming shortly, I'll start a thread chronicling the car's build, so stay tuned for photos and additional information.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #116
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by exflirt View Post
Hmmmm, Steve, I'll definitely be out and about - but I'll have to think about letting random men drive my car
I understand. We did meet once a couple weeks ago at the Boston Market car show. Enjoy your cruise today and let your hair fly!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:58 AM   #117
TPMiami
I Love Camaros!

Drives: 2012 2LT Summit White
Great story of love at first sight. Enjoy!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #118
Camaro45thAE

Drives: '91 GMC Syclone & '12 Camaro 45TH
exflirt, any plans to put a ground effect kit on it?

Curious to see a 45TH with one. Ive always kinda liked the chin piece (like the red camaro in the background of the above pics). It makes the car even look more aggressive, but figured it would look funny only having that one piece.
GMC Syclone #237
2012 Camaro 2LT Anniversary Edition
Order No. PTXV9B
8.31.2011 - Born! TPW 8/29
HowTune- DIY Automotive Network
Camaro45thAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #119
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro45thAE View Post
exflirt, any plans to put a ground effect kit on it?

Curious to see a 45TH with one. Ive always kinda liked the chin piece (like the red camaro in the background of the above pics). It makes the car even look more aggressive, but figured it would look funny only having that one piece.
I am currently planning on changing out the front/rear spoilers, rear diffuser, hood, fascia. I am still negotiating with manufacturers, so I will be starting a new thread soon releasing all the details of my build so everyone can follow along. Look for that thread to start around labor day weekend!

I will be keeping all stock parts to put back on Lyssa should I ever wish to do so!
Old 08-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #120
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
So the clear bra is just on the front fascia and bumper?

I am curious as to how that looks close up, I don't want seams but that seems like a good alternative.
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:15 AM   #121
comm17
Racing Byrds

Drives: '16 BVM 2SS '10 IBM 2SS RS
Here's some pic during our cruise today,

Beautiful car, can't wait till you have all the upgrades complete!

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you BECKY!!!
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #122
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by comm17 View Post

Me too, comm17 - thanks for putting the pictures up. It was a wonderful day (spoken as one of the people who DIDN'T get a ticket!) with fantastic weather, and I'm grateful to ddunerider for having a birthday!

See everyone in a few weeks, hopefully! It's always great to spend time with our fun group of Camaro owners
Old 08-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #123
Duncan420

Drives: 12 45th 2SSRS /11 SW 2SSRS SLP Vert
Its great to see a 45th done!I stopped at my dealer here in central ny they didnt know when they were going to build the 45ths.We own an early IOM 2010 2ssrs +a2011 SW vert 2ssrs.Its not like we are tire kickers out looking. I will probably have to go back and prod them for more info.
Duncan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #124
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by comm17 View Post

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I will attach some i got later today, great looking car.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #125
Nasty1970

Drives: 2011 Red 2SS RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by exflirt View Post
Clear bra is amazing. I've been using it on my cars since 2002, and some states use it as an almost standard product on new cars. I can't figure out what is going on when I see someone in a new car with a huge piece of black vinyl on the front of their car.

It IS extremely tough. When my '02 SS was rear ended at 7 years, causing a four car pileup, my full clear bra was still intact on the front of the car. The front of the car was collapsed in on itself, with the clear bra still perfectly molded to the panels and unsplit on the front bumper and hood. I have had very few rock chips in the last 10 years due to clear bra material on my vehicles. I usually go full bumper 12-18" up the hood, and behind the wheels. Some people do their mirrors, but I don't usually find I have a problem with rock chips there.

You can't see it from far away and if you have a good install, you can hardly see it up close. Yet it protects against rock chips, stays on the car, and removes easily if you need to take it off. The downside is where?!?

I did partial hood, because I do plan to pull this hood and fascia off. I will probably do 18" up the hood on the new version. Will be doing behind the wheels in a few weeks!
What happens if you wax it? What does it look like if removed, its obviously protecting the paint from oxidation and sun radiation....just curious, Im interested in seeing it.

Beautiful car BTW!
[/IMG]

1970 Camaro ,2011 Red Convertible 2SS,2008 Saturn Sky,2012 Jeep Wrangler
Nasty1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #126
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty1970 View Post
What happens if you wax it? What does it look like if removed, its obviously protecting the paint from oxidation and sun radiation....just curious, Im interested in seeing it.

Beautiful car BTW!
Most waxes are fine, just dont use a lot by the seam so you cant see it build up. When you remove it just clean off the adhesive residue and wax the paint, it will look like new.