Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #113
Arbgast

Drives: DRIVES 2014 2SS RS convertible
I have a new 70inch tv in my garage. When iam playing a blu-ray through play station 3 ( which has bluetooth) could I connect mylink to it and have sound through car speakers ( my own drive- in).
Arbgast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #114
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbgast View Post
I have a new 70inch tv in my garage. When iam playing a blu-ray through play station 3 ( which has bluetooth) could I connect mylink to it and have sound through car speakers ( my own drive- in).
not sure.....but why don't you go ahead and buy a decent surround sound set-up and be done with it.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #115
Arbgast

Drives: DRIVES 2014 2SS RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
not sure.....but why don't you go ahead and buy a decent surround sound set-up and be done with it.
Buying a surround sound was not the question.. thanks anyway.
Arbgast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:41 AM   #116
rohan4290

Drives: 2012 RS V6
So I am sorry if this has been answered... but I have looked through this thread and am not sure if it has.

I have a 2012 RS and it came with Bluetooth availability only for my phone. Meaning that music streaming does not work.

It appears that my Bluetooth phone function works through the radio and not the onstar. I have not touched the onstar buttons since I have had the car... I discontinued onstar service right after the free trial expired.

To me it looks like I have Bluetooth function of my phone only.. through the radio.

So my question is... to get Bluetooth music streaming.. what do I need to do? Get a new PDIM? I was worried about this because I did not want to get a new PDIM and then lose my Bluetooth phone capability.

Thank you all for you being a great support team!

P.S. I have to share that I am in a really good mood because a kid who was told he had incurable cancer and then was treated by me and now looks like he is in remission ( I am a radiation doctor). Kid 1 Cancer 0
Old 03-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #117
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan4290 View Post
So I am sorry if this has been answered... but I have looked through this thread and am not sure if it has.

I have a 2012 RS and it came with Bluetooth availability only for my phone. Meaning that music streaming does not work.

It appears that my Bluetooth phone function works through the radio and not the onstar. I have not touched the onstar buttons since I have had the car... I discontinued onstar service right after the free trial expired.

To me it looks like I have Bluetooth function of my phone only.. through the radio.

So my question is... to get Bluetooth music streaming.. what do I need to do? Get a new PDIM? I was worried about this because I did not want to get a new PDIM and then lose my Bluetooth phone capability.

Thank you all for you being a great support team!

P.S. I have to share that I am in a really good mood because a kid who was told he had incurable cancer and then was treated by me and now looks like he is in remission ( I am a radiation doctor). Kid 1 Cancer 0
I'm fairly positive all the head units from 2010 up My link and stock single din / whatever head unit cna stream music through bluetooth.
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:00 AM   #118
Wrink

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS
I'm not clear on the PDIM, but I am clear on being highly disappointed in the audio function with my iPhone 5, and now 5S with my 2013 RS. Using the iPhone cord always connected to the car through the USB Port in the glovebox, I get about 3 out of 5 successful start ups on Pandora. When I use the Bluetooth functionality, it is about 1 in 5 successes. With the cord, I typically unplug it from the phone, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in. Still have 1 in 5 times where it starts a song from my iTunes list. I've never been able to step in the car, and have the phone kick in with the iTunes or Pandora music. I rent a lot of Ford vehicles and Chrysler 300's...those always start up with Bluetooth playing whatever I last played.

First, are software updates available at any GM dealership. Second, was it ever design criteria to automatically pick up connectivity for music where it left off?

Any insight will be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Wrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #119
Tomash

Drives: (black 2SS Camaro), Suzuki SX4
Just got the info back from my dealership that european Camaros without MyLink have no bluetooth audio streaming and no official way to have it supported.

Do I have any options on this one, or should I just buy a bluetooth headset base and connect with minijack cable into aux port?
Old 05-09-2014, 05:51 PM   #120
SeaWolfLestat

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have a 2010 2SS if that matters.. Up until a week ago I could stream internet audio thru my system via bluetooth... However I musta messed something up cause now I can send and recieve calls via a bluetooth connection but I cant get the internet audio to link up. What gives?
BTW I used to have two paired devices showing on my phone. One for the audio and one for the phone. Now I just get one. I have tried deleting and re-pairing several times.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #121
kcm117

Drives: White 2012 2LS
PDIM on 2012 Camaro 2LS

Went through a lot of trouble this week to get my PDIM installed and working, I'm hoping this information can help others.

Car: 2012 Camaro 2LS

I Installed a PDIM myself (part 22872777)

It comes with the PDIM, Harness and USB/3.5MM piece. The combined USB/3.5MM component will replace your current 3.5mm component.

I took it to the dealer and brought the installation instructions with me, it had programming instructions on the last page.

I Have the following hardware/software versions after the dealer programmed it (For $115):
HW: DB
SW: DB

This information can be found by holding down the menu button on the bluetooth audio or usb audio inputs.

I can now stream music via bluetooth and usb, and control songs with the steering wheel. I have read that there is a HW: DB, SW: DD version, can anyone confirm this? I heard that it fixed issues related to indexing and static. I haven't noticed any of these yet, but I have only tested it for about 10 minutes or so. I was considering going back to the dealer to ask if they could give me SW: DD, but I'm not sure if that exists for this part number?

Hope this helps someone.

kcm117
Old 05-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #122
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcm117 View Post
Went through a lot of trouble this week to get my PDIM installed and working, I'm hoping this information can help others.

Car: 2012 Camaro 2LS

I Installed a PDIM myself (part 22872777)

It comes with the PDIM, Harness and USB/3.5MM piece. The combined USB/3.5MM component will replace your current 3.5mm component.

I took it to the dealer and brought the installation instructions with me, it had programming instructions on the last page.

I Have the following hardware/software versions after the dealer programmed it (For $115):
HW: DB
SW: DB

This information can be found by holding down the menu button on the bluetooth audio or usb audio inputs.

I can now stream music via bluetooth and usb, and control songs with the steering wheel. I have read that there is a HW/ DB, SW/DD version, can anyone confirm this? I heard that it fixed issues related to indexing and static. I haven't noticed any of these yet, but I have only tested it for about 10 minutes or so. I was considering going back to the dealer to ask if they could give me SW: DD, but I'm not sure if that exists for this part number?

Hope this helps someone.

kcm117
YES there is a HW-DB SW-DD, but there is not a SW update, such that you can have the dealer update it....to have gotten the DB/DD you would have needed to install PDIM 22797218.

One of the Customer Services reps here found this PN for us here and posted it a long time ago in the original PDIM thread that was started in 2009. I had that PDIM installed in 2010 and hasn't missed a lick since.

Name:  BD-DD PDIM.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  51.7 KB
Old 05-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #123
kcm117

Drives: White 2012 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
YES there is a HW-DB SW-DD, but there is not a SW update, such that you can have the dealer update it....to have gotten the DB/DD you would have needed to install PDIM 22797218.

One of the Customer Services reps here found this PN for us here and posted it a long time ago in the original PDIM thread that was started in 2009. I had that PDIM installed in 2010 and hasn't missed a lick since.

Attachment 630490
Mine takes forever to re-index the USB drive after the car turns off/on, it's annoying. i wish i would save the index and and re-do it every time the car starts. 11.3GB of music on the drive. Sad to hear that my software cannot be updated to HW-DB SW-DD and that I'm stuck with HW-DB SW-DB. I guess I'll just have to live with it as long as I have the stock radio unit :(.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:58 PM   #124
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Mine takes forever to re-index the USB drive after the car turns off/on, it's annoying. i wish i would save the index and and re-do it every time the car starts. 11.3GB of music on the drive. Sad to hear that my software cannot be updated to HW-DB SW-DD and that I'm stuck with HW-DB SW-DB. I guess I'll just have to live with it as long as I have the stock radio unit :(.
the only time mine re-index's is if I remove my flash drive. that is a rare, I just live mine in the car. no need to take it out, unless I have to load some more music on it.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #125
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Likely an issue with the USB stick you are using. I have a 64GB stick with about 40GB of music on it, and it will begin play within a few seconds.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #126
SeaWolfLestat

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I was able to find the answer on page 6–19 of my 2010 owners manual.
A copy of your owners manuals is available at Chevrolet.com