Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #127
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello y2jdmbfan,

I would be happy to further research this issue for you. If you could send a private message with your name, phone number, and VIN, I can get you in contact with the proper department to assist. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jdmbfan View Post
I have an issue with my iPhone 5S and iPad Mini connected to My Link. What happens is that the song I select the song I want, the MyLink plays another song by that artist, but not the song I selected. I thought this was a bug with the iPad Mini and iOS 6, but the same thing now happens with this iPhone 5S I am test driving...

Y2J
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #128
cableman

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Hopefully GM follows this post so we can finally get out issues resolved.

I'm sure some of you have not even noticed that you are missing symbols on the back up camera, they are actually pretty cool. Most 2013's did not have them and needed an update to get them, after a few visits to the dealer I finally got the update.

I had the symbols when I first got my car. 2weeks later, they are gone, and I can't get them back.
cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #129
WATCHER
My Wife's Cool Guy

Drives: 2013 Coupe RS NAVY BLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarnel View Post
There is a cost to me... lots of wasted time...
There is nothing I hate worse than wasting time, endless trips to the dealership when there really isn't a solution makes no sense to me. Spending several afternoons getting my stereo reflashed/replaced only to have the problem reoccur is time I can better spend doing other things.
A Bluetooth touch screen radio and dash kit and install probably will cost me ~5-600 dollars and the software won't be nearly as wonky as chevy my link.

I just want to know if anyone has done this on a 2013 and if their problem was solved
People who have no sense of value of time as money, or no sense of time for leisure, or consider "hanging out" at a dealership for indeterminate amounts of time, MULTIPLE times, as pleasurable, will NEVER understand what you just said.

If the Mylink Panasonic gives me trouble, I will spend up to $1000 and permanently fix the problem ONE TIME, no do-overs, and be done with gov't tracking too.
WATCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #130
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Not unless you loose the black box also. ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by tramtwo; 09-29-2013 at 10:36 PM.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #131
RDZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
Thumbs down MyLink glitch!

I had my MyLink system stop displaying the map in the middle of my drive today:

1. First the map disappeared with a black background. All other nav info was still displaying.
2. The black background was replaced by my last back up camera still.
3. Then I used the voice option to cancel route guidance.
4. Then it froze with the message "cancelling guidance".
5. I had to pull over since it was a new route for me.
6. After I pulled over the whole screen went dark and it reset itself to work fine the rest of the trip.

RDZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #132
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Has anyone figured out how to get the latest software (2014 Camaro)? Also can we update our 2013 Mylink with it? I know the dealers tell us we have the latest update, but the 2014's have the ability to read emails, it is just a software difference, I would think we could do this our selfs eventually
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #133
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Has anyone figured out how to get the latest software (2014 Camaro)? Also can we update our 2013 Mylink with it? I know the dealers tell us we have the latest update, but the 2014's have the ability to read emails, it is just a software difference, I would think we could do this our selfs eventually
You need access to the TIS2Web software, at which point the firmware is assigned to your VIN. You then upload it to the head unit through the PDIM. I explain the whole process in more detail in the Mylink Information for Developers thread I made.

Also - where did you hear that the 2014's can read emails? Mine doesn't and I have the most recent firmware. Only thing it does is let's me read text messages (when the car's not moving).
Old 10-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #134
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
You need access to the TIS2Web software, at which point the firmware is assigned to your VIN. You then upload it to the head unit through the PDIM. I explain the whole process in more detail in the Mylink Information for Developers thread I made.

Also - where did you hear that the 2014's can read emails? Mine doesn't and I have the most recent firmware. Only thing it does is let's me read text messages (when the car's not moving).
My mistake, I ment it can read text messages. I did read your write up, very good information. I have a 2009 Charger Daytona with "my gig" and you can update the software with a cd, and you can download the software of the web. I am just wishfull thinking we could do the same. Just as said in so many ways before, GM step into the new tech age and let users update their own software.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
Old 10-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #135
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
My mistake, I ment it can read text messages. I did read your write up, very good information. I have a 2009 Charger Daytona with "my gig" and you can update the software with a cd, and you can download the software of the web. I am just wishfull thinking we could do the same. Just as said in so many ways before, GM step into the new tech age and let users update their own software.
Technically we can update the firmware ourselves, we just don't have access to the firmware to do the updates.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #136
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Technically we can update the firmware ourselves, we just don't have access to the firmware to do the updates.
which is strange.... very strange
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #137
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

I guess I should have processed the question " when is someone going to get the newest software update and put it out for everyone to get "
Old 10-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #138
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
How long does it take this damn thing to index for iPod had the car for a week and still can't navigate my music because this thing takes forever.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #139
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
How long does it take this damn thing to index for iPod had the car for a week and still can't navigate my music because this thing takes forever.
Varies by model (some models are faster than others, and some don't work well at all) and the number of songs. There are limitations to the number of songs supported.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #140
mailclerk

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrtRS13 View Post
Are you talking about the warning symbol? Cause mine has that, it goes from yellow to red when getting closer to an object. Plus it beeps. I only wish it had the guide lines like my g37 had

When I first picked up the car, the nav showed that I was in Michigan and there was no sat signal. The dealer had to reload the software.

Other than the mylink being slow, it's worked for the most part.

I have had the hud not show the song info twice, but seemed to correct itself after the car is turned off.
CrtRS13,

Yeah you know I had issues with my Nav system too. GM factory finally gave the dealership the go ahead and replaced the entire My-Link system. Now that it appears to be working I'm slowly catching up to things. Now I need to try and pair up my cell phone to my Camaro. We'll see what happend sometime next weekend.

Mail Clerk
mailclerk is offline   Reply With Quote