Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-13-2016, 06:52 AM   #1
cohocarl

Drives: 2015 1LS
LFX off idle stumble/throttle response

I couldn't find anything here regarding the off idle throttle response I have on my '15 1LS, and wondering if is the nature of the beast, or just mine....

During normal driving, I have no complaints, although when it is coming off idle, there is a little hesitation. If it had a carb, I'd say it's too lean at idle.
It's a bone stock 6-speed with less than 2K miles on it. Just got it back out of hibernation yesterday, but it was like that since new, and does not seem to be the inherent lag of the electronic throttle.

Just curious.

Thanks,

Carl
cohocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:01 AM   #2
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Both Aftermarket throttle bodies and pedal controllers have shown to help this. As far as throttle bodies, there are now 2 options. Ported 72mm size or the new 80mm. There are a few different pedal controllers on the market now. I am using the VTC as it was one of the first to appear for the Camaro on this site.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:29 AM   #3
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
What he said ^
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:19 PM   #4
cohocarl

Drives: 2015 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawno72 View Post
What he said ^

Ok, thanks for the replies.

I was kind of concerned I may have a problem with mine, but it sounds like it's a common issue.
cohocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #5
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Pull your intake manifold and inspect your intake valves. Your symptoms are common to indicate the level of coking has reached the point of disrupting initial air flow into the cylinders. You have a GDI engine and intake valve coking is a pretty severe issue. You will want to perform a manual intake valve cleaning (NOT a solvent based!!!).

The ported TB's improve throttle response, but what you experiencing is common and should be addressed. Installing a Elite E2-X or E2 system after the cleaning will prevent the deposits from returning and then you can do a solvent based cleaning (seafoam/BG/etc.) every 10-15k miles afterwards to keep them clean.

Share pictures of what your valves look like at your mileage for all to see.

Let us know if you need more information as well.

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:24 PM   #6
The_Driver
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Check the plastic air intake tube where it attaches to the throttle body. I noticed on mine it was a little loose and the screw clamp was not tightened down properly.
The_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:32 PM   #7
Mike413

Drives: 2013 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
Pull your intake manifold and inspect your intake valves. Your symptoms are common to indicate the level of coking has reached the point of disrupting initial air flow into the cylinders. You have a GDI engine and intake valve coking is a pretty severe issue. You will want to perform a manual intake valve cleaning (NOT a solvent based!!!).

The ported TB's improve throttle response, but what you experiencing is common and should be addressed. Installing a Elite E2-X or E2 system after the cleaning will prevent the deposits from returning and then you can do a solvent based cleaning (seafoam/BG/etc.) every 10-15k miles afterwards to keep them clean.

Share pictures of what your valves look like at your mileage for all to see.

Let us know if you need more information as well.

this is true. sea foamed my car on sunday. then i installed the jacfab ported intake manifold with spacer. when i took the stock intake off i saw the valves were still dirty so i sprayed seafoam on the valves and cleaned them. it helped alot. also i really recommend a catch can. i put on the elite e2 with the clean side separator. i put 200 miles with the catch can and there is already some oil in it.
Magnaflow cat back exhaust, ARH high flow cat downpipes, 80mm throttle body, K&N cold air intake, ported intake manifold with spacer, elite e2 catch can with clean side separator, overkill e85 flex fuel kit, overkill tune.
Mike413 is offline   Reply With Quote