Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #29
DaemonGPF
Redonkulous

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
I miss my ss....but with the winter we have had in nj my evo with snow tires has been a savior. With two kids and the lovely winters we get around here...it was a choice I made for a dd. I agree with others that it is a boy racer type of car to some...but doesn't bother me....I just have the exhaust as close to sounding stock as possible. Only thing that gains me some attention is the aftermarket fmic.
At one point I got tired of the attention mine would draw (EVO IX was an ultra rare thing in New Mexico where I lived at the time), so I blacked out my FMIC with a thin coat of black "radiator" type paint, and toned down a few other things. Unfortunately you just can't hide Brembos or turbo spool very easy.
DaemonGPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:38 AM   #30
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonGPF View Post
At one point I got tired of the attention mine would draw (EVO IX was an ultra rare thing in New Mexico where I lived at the time), so I blacked out my FMIC with a thin coat of black "radiator" type paint, and toned down a few other things. Unfortunately you just can't hide Brembos or turbo spool very easy.
I contemplated doing that as well. I have to say though that quieting down the exhaust has really pulled away the attention....and made the ride enjoyable....despite the occasional jerk that thinks every evo owner wants to race. Won't be able to hide it once I get the cams done...but I have time for that.

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #31
DaemonGPF
Redonkulous

Drives: Camaro
The worst is the guys I called "WannabEvos"... The lancers that would spend so much cash to give the external appearance of an EVO but forget all about the powertrain. They were notorious for adopting "Interfoolers" - FMICs that weren't coupled to ANYTHING, just bolted in to the front for the look. And for some reason, they were worse than the civics trying to race.
DaemonGPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #32
tahoeacr

Drives: 69 camaro's,'14 1ls slvr 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
There is no such thing as an Evo VIII or IX with a stock clutch anymore.....They are like unicorns, people believe they exist, but none can be found!

(This is where you tell me you have a still have a stock clutch...)
Lol. Stock clutch 125K+ but I fear for it's life. Starting to chatter a little if you don't give it enough throttle when starting out. 325 to the wheels. Pulls harder than the v-8 Camaros I test drove. It was the 1LE that got me. Nice set up for stock and it has the right sound. Never cared for the four cylinder exhaust sound even though I got four of em in my garage.
I have to agree with others that the Camaro is for more mature driver. I couldn't tell you the amount of times some kid pulled up to my wife and wanted to race her. Especially when in san Francisco. It will stay in the fleet for a winter car. Far more fun in the winter than any track day I had with it. Camaro will stay in the garage for winters.

Drove right out of this after the pic
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #33
Stock Boy

Drives: 2014 1LE
Awesome pics! Freakin love Evos!
Stock Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #34
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
Lol. Stock clutch 125K+ but I fear for it's life. Starting to chatter a little if you don't give it enough throttle when starting out. 325 to the wheels. Pulls harder than the v-8 Camaros I test drove. It was the 1LE that got me. Nice set up for stock and it has the right sound. Never cared for the four cylinder exhaust sound even though I got four of em in my garage.
I have to agree with others that the Camaro is for more mature driver. I couldn't tell you the amount of times some kid pulled up to my wife and wanted to race her. Especially when in san Francisco. It will stay in the fleet for a winter car. Far more fun in the winter than any track day I had with it. Camaro will stay in the garage for winters.

Drove right out of this after the pic
2nd pic =