Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 05-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #183
spen5151

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 VR/ECF/Sunroof-Trad
I can't wait to see/order your system. I loved the look of your system on my SS and it also helped with throttle response. Hoping that you have your system out soon for the ZL1!

Traded:
2011 Camaro 2SS IOM, RS, Polished Rims, Sunroof, Black Stripes, Hurst Shifter
Mods: Borla ATAK Cat-Back, CAI Intake, Skip Shift Elim, Tint
spen5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #184
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
This is why I bought a Roto-Fab

and they didn't need a year to get their product to market
So you wanted to buy a CAI but due to the fact it was not ready you went with Roto-Fab, or you just bought the one that was ready earlier? I wanted to go with the Roto because it was ready early but liked the look of CAI better so decided to wait.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #185
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
So you wanted to buy a CAI but due to the fact it was not ready you went with Roto-Fab, or you just bought the one that was ready earlier? I wanted to go with the Roto because it was ready early but liked the look of CAI better so decided to wait.
I liked the look of the rot fab/read great reviews/saw decent power gains without a tune. And it was available to purchase. And I am adding a dual check catch can. It is what it is..
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #186
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
So, CAI's position for those that want to run a dual valve CC is "you don't need it and we will not work with you." If that's your position then the hell with you. I won't buy your product.

LMAO! CAI isnt even in the catch can business... Go buy a rotofab. I'd be embarrassed to have someone this retarded driving around with a CAI intake anyway.

Hey CAI I won't buy your intake unless I can use it on a jet powered go-kart that runs on kerosene. Please make it do this.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #187
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
LMAO! CAI isnt even in the catch can business... Go buy a rotofab. I'd be embarrassed to have someone this retarded driving around with a CAI intake anyway.

Hey CAI I won't buy your intake unless I can use it on a jet powered go-kart that runs on kerosene. Please make it do this.
Judging by your response, the quote in your signature about knowledge and wisdom, and the comment next to your Honda in your signature about "still looking like a tool when driving it", I think we have the same sense of humor, and I like your style. Thanks for making my afternoon a little better, all of those things I just mentioned made me literally lol. Oh and btw love the avatar pic, Hangover 3 comes out tomorrow baby!!!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #188
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Personally prefer companies that are flexible and at least listen to customers needs rather than outright dismissing them and just saying tough - wouldn't be that hard to make a provision for a catch can - hardly a request to reinvent the wheel.

After all, the other company listened and had a fix within a few days...

Also, love how everyone keeps saying the "ugly child" when there are no pictures or data from this intake yet - surely people are jumping the gun a bit and we need to see some side by side tests and data released first before any options are dismissed.

But anyway, choice is a good thing and I hope this works out to be another great solution for those with a ZL1 who have been waiting for this option
Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #189
Sales @ CAI Inc

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Personally prefer companies that are flexible and at least listen to customers needs rather than outright dismissing them and just saying tough - wouldn't be that hard to make a provision for a catch can
I'm guessing you did not read my previous post regarding catch cans. Maybe I was unclear or over complicated it, in which case I apologize. Let me put it very simply and in large print so everyone who enters this thread who apparently does not see it or understand it, can very clearly understand what I was trying to say in my previous post.

We understand people want compatibility with a CC.

We appreciate everyone's feedback and suggestions regarding compatibility with a CC.

Before we make design considerations for a CC we first want to release a CAI for the ZL1, since currently we don't have one available. Once we actually have a product for the ZL1 we will then look into other requests, which there are many, including compatibility with a CC and make our best efforts to meet demand as long as it makes sense for our business.

Thank you!!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #190
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro SS
Wow CAI, you must feel like you are having to teach a pre-school class here. Do people really not read anything you have been posting. I would think the ZL1 crowd would have a little better reading and comprehension skills than this. I understood exactly what you said in your original post regarding the CC request, and thought you answered it more than adequately.

I give you much applause for keeping your cool in the light of all this nonsense from people who obviously don't take the time to read any of your informative responses to their questions.

chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #191
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
+1
Too bad people don't actually take time read through a thread before they pop in for a one time post. The term wasn't even 'ugly child', and had nothing to do with looks, performance, or anything else. It was a metaphor. Then again, by looking through a few posts one could have determined that.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #192
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
The term was "Fat chick", they need love to! This whole thing has gotten way out of hand.....go dark CAI, go dark....make contact when you can.....
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #193
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Thanks for the response. I'm in no hurry. I'm not gonna dance with the fat chick because the hot one's still getting ready, lol.
post 56 on page 2.

...and stock box is the ugly chick

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #194
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
post 56 on page 2
And I'm still saving my pennies and saving my dimes for cab fare for the fat chick when the hot chick is ready.
Although I must say I'm enjoying the fat chick in the meantime.
heck with the lights turned down and a few beers........
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #195
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
The term was "Fat chick", they need love to! This whole thing has gotten way out of hand.....go dark CAI, go dark....make contact when you can.....
Lol they already went dark in this thread for like 7 months
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #196
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
Lol they already went dark in this thread for like 7 months
Actually we have been here all along since our original post, and have never went a month without posting updates. I believe that the admins deleted some pages that were un-constructive, hard to believe right.

Given the last 2 days though, I'm leaving this thread until we announce Dyno time, talk to you all soon.