Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-27-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
First day small problem still in love.

This car is beautiful. I was up all night before picking it up. I could not fall asleep. I felt like an 8 year old on Christmas Eve. This car is so smooth in every way. It is above and beyond what I could have expected. I'm in love! This forum has been great in helping keep me occupied while I waited. Thanks to everyone for their posts and info.

Today was a perfect day. My best friend went with me to pick it up and I took him for a spin before dropping him off back at the dealer to get his truck. I kept it a secret from most of the people I know to surprise them so I began "popping in" on them. Every one loved it. I noticed the ac didn't seem to be blowing that cold but figured it could just be me. When I met a friend at her job and popped the hood for another friend of hers he noticed the belt on the ac compressor had slipped off and was dancing around. 25 miles and 2 1/2 hrs and already a problem. so I drove back to the dealer and they took it in right away. Apparently the belt doesn't have a tensioner so since it was stretched or whatever it couldn't be reused for fear it could happen again (and possibly get caught and damage the engine) so they cut it off and said they will order a new one and for me to call on monday to come in and have it put on. Stinks but at least I'm only without ac and it wasn't a drive belt. Hell it dropped down to 50 degrees tonight so I was using the heat (which works great) so I can deal for a bit. GAAA well at least it wasn't an output shaft! Other than that small annoyance it's been great everyone stares at you! If anyone is on the fence just dive in and order one this car is the ride of a life time.

Attached Images

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Congrats; beautiful car and a nice shot of it!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
I'm jealous! 2-3 more weeks and I'll be there
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
congrats, its a minor issue......back in the day, I rearly used my A/C, always rode with the windows down. Just wanted to cruise.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #5
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
If you get the sunroof you will never use the AC
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
I usually have the sunroof open, so rarely use the A/C. Congrats on your choice of color, I get sooo many compliments on it. Enjoy!

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #7
5thGenCamaroChick
Hey y'all :)

Drives: Rosalee
Congrats! And nice color choice Good idea parking it in the shade so it'll stay cool, that'll help a little. Just be sure to check it for sap. If I wasn't afraid it would fall on my house I would seriously consider sabotaging my neighbor's flaming maple for that reason.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
Outlaw

Drives: 2SS M6, IBM w/ Silver Rally
Congrats. That's a beautiful shot of the car. At least its just a small issue.

Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
v6sonoma

yeah I'm glad I got the sun roof I'm 6' 3" so I was slightly concerned but I fit great so to anyone else who's tall go for it unless you have to have the mohawk.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

9/26/09 Took delivery!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Awww the first day is awesome!!! nice car buddy.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #11
v6sonoma

Would it be wrong of me to put pictures of it in my wallet? I mean I don't have kids so it's kinda my new baby lol.

9/26/09 Took delivery!
Old 09-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #12
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Would it be wrong of me to put pictures of it in my wallet? I mean I don't have kids so it's kinda my new baby lol.
DO IT!
haha, go up to your friends and ask if they want to see pictures of your new baby.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #13
v6sonoma

It's been 1 year. Officially 1 year ago I picked up my Orange beast. What a fun year it has been. Thank you to all my Camaro5 friends in particular those of you from the NE (NEC5 :woot: ). As I drove around today spending time with my mother she commented on how everyone stares at it as I drive by. I love my car. I don't think I need to explain why to those of you who have yours already. When I think of my fathers stories of when he bought his new 68 GTO I imagine telling similar stories to my kids someday. I've only just broken past the 5000 mile mark, and what an enjoyable 5000 miles they have been. Thanks GM. Thanks Camaro Team. It's been worth every penny.

9/26/09 Took delivery!