Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #29
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danko View Post
"O5" ??? That is a Lieutenant Colonel !!! If you cannot afford a Chevy, you are doing something wrong and since you describe yourself as "scared", I sure as Hell know which branch you must be in.
Actually he is being smart. Being able to make a Chevy payment does not mean you can afford it. I retired from the Air Force and constantly saw airmen buying cars they thought they could afford. They dont take into consideration what can happen in life. To me getting in a $60,000 car payment right now for anyone in the millitary is silly. Do not think for one second that your job is secure. With the proposed cuts in funding and the fact they are already looking at getting rid of military pensions (which would be a huge mistake)... I promise you they will be forcing people out very soon. Dont think it will happen??? Ask the entire cadet class from the AFA? They graduated and were not allowed to serve. That $60,000 car payment could turn into a bankruptcy very quickly for someone if they get forced out in this economy.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #30
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Hope you studied hard! Man a ZL1 as an E5? Good on ya, I couldn't afford crap back then.

Happy Trails

Tib
Retired AF - Living the contractor dream...... aka. job insecurity!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #31
AintQik

Drives: 67 Pro-Tourer, 12 SS
Actually I was being funny and off-handedly complimenting the SSgt as while at the same time posting a fatherly warning. For the record I have cars that most people dream about. My last daily driver made 763rwhp. I build everything myself and have been doing it since I was an E1. Yes, E1.

As far as you insulting my service I'm not going to entertain it. This is not the place for it and quite frankly at times like these service people need to stick together not fracture and divide ourselves over petty shit.

My ego forces me to tell you I served for a long time as a member of Special Operations, have deployed to more remote locations for longer and more often then most units assigned to the "other" branches. I'm an expert marksman on several service's ranges and I'm big enough and bad enough to not be particularly worried about anything that walks, crawls or slithers on this planet.

The fact that you made that comment really disgusts me. I lay my life on the line to support you guys every day, and this is the kind of crap you come up with? I'm done.

OP, I hope you get your car man.

Quote:
"O5" ??? That is a Lieutenant Colonel !!! If you cannot afford a Chevy, you are doing something wrong and since you describe yourself as "scared", I sure as Hell know which branch you must be in.
AintQik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #32
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4lyfe View Post
Marine or Army SSgt E-6?

Good luck to ya.

I met this SSgt E-5(Air Force) that owns a GTR a $90K car. Being a loadmaster, good with money with no family helps I guess. I'm a TSgt E-6 and my situation I can't think of a $30k car.
I'm in the Marines. Thank you! I hope all goes well. Each day gets closer to the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeWonder View Post
Thanks for your service man!!! Go with the ZL1!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
Best of luck, I think you passed me in my black LS the other day going south on 295 - if that was you, you should hook a fellow soldier up and trade me your SS before you get your ZL1!
Lol. I'm new to the area. I've seen alot of Camaros in the area. I try to wave when I see one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Hope you studied hard! Man a ZL1 as an E5? Good on ya, I couldn't afford crap back then.

Happy Trails

Tib
Retired AF - Living the contractor dream...... aka. job insecurity!
I'll be an E6 if all goes well when I purchase the ZL1. We don't take tests for promotion. We have to be competitive within our MOS by other things, PME, PFT, CFT, rifle range, etc.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #33
hunt

Drives: 10 SS 08 675 13 Stryker 10 S1000RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
I'm in zone for SSgt and I won't find out until September if i'm selected or not for promotion per the Staff Sergeant Selection board results. Of course if I get selected, that makes me 1 step closer to getting the ZL-1.

Would you choose a Doberman Pinscher over a ZL-1? I can't get both!
Good luck man! I just made Ssgt, Air Force though. I can't decide between an SS and modding myself or just getting the ZL-1.
hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #34
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
Best of luck, I think you passed me in my black LS the other day going south on 295 - if that was you, you should hook a fellow soldier up and trade me your SS before you get your ZL1!
How about I'll sell you some of my parts from mine? ACS Splitter? Street scene grille w/ ducts and possibly the Heritage grille? Before I trade her in
Old 08-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #35
Vyscera

Drives: 07 K2500HD
You'll fit right in with a ZL1 if you're where I think you are. There's plenty of big ticket cars out there. We have to fight the "equine infection" the Corps has.
As far as being able to afford it, as long as one is smart with their money and can prioritze, it isnt hard. Especially if they have a working spouse.

Last edited by Vyscera; 08-29-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Vyscera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #36
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
OP...is your SS paid off? If so then you've got pretty good trading stock. Was just thinking like the rest of the folks here that S.Sgt's must make more now-a-days. Good luck!
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #37
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
You get my nomination for worst new poster. Seriously, almost everything I've read from you has had a negative tone.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #38
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

I GOT SELECTED!!!!! YESSS!!!!!