Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 09-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Local paint shops

Hey guys,

Looking for some recommendations for local paint shops in the area... Anywhere from Everett to Tacoma or thereabouts. I'm like halfway in between. I need a good shop that can hopefully lay down good SGM, and get a decently close match.

Thanks!
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
OMG Thomas! Don't tell me you got hit by aliens again? What happened?

My wife mentioned Sumner Collision. Said there is a guy there that seems to know a great deal about SGM.
If you're willing to go as far North as Marysville, I was at an open house at Kustom Rods & Collision this past weekend. He has a custom project truck that he painted with SGM. So at least you know he has experience with the color.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Ladybug was painted at AutoFX in Tacoma. I was just there this evening, and they're currently doing a 2-tone Seahawks color Camaro. It's pretty sweet!!

http://www.autofxtacoma.com/

I won't tell you they're the cheapest, but I will tell you they do quality work, and provide the BEST customer service!!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't need a whole paintjob, just one part that I was hoping they could match fairly (or hopefully better than fair) closely to the factory paint.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't need a whole paintjob, just one part that I was hoping they could match fairly (or hopefully better than fair) closely to the factory paint.

Keep in mind, since your paint is metallic, blending of adjoining areas will be needed, so that will drive the cost higher...
Did your baby get hurt???
Old 10-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #6
MoneyMike

Drives: 2009 Aveo5
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
OMG Thomas! Don't tell me you got hit by aliens again? What happened?

My wife mentioned Sumner Collision. Said there is a guy there that seems to know a great deal about SGM.
If you're willing to go as far North as Marysville, I was at an open house at Kustom Rods & Collision this past weekend. He has a custom project truck that he painted with SGM. So at least you know he has experience with the color.
If you're still looking for a shop op, I can vouch for Sumner Collision. My dad had his black Camaro's Sinister street appearance kit and Heritage grille painted and installed, as well as the front bumper repainted, by Sumner Collision. They did a very good job on it and was about $2500-$3000. Also, there's a Chevy dealership right next to them, and they have this shop do things like decals, color matching parts body parts (like a Camaro's rear diffuser) and engine covers.
MoneyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
tlcamaro

Drives: 68 Camaro, 2010 Camaro RS/SS, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMike View Post
If you're still looking for a shop op, I can vouch for Sumner Collision. My dad had his black Camaro's Sinister street appearance kit and Heritage grille painted and installed, as well as the front bumper repainted, by Sumner Collision. They did a very good job on it and was about $2500-$3000. Also, there's a Chevy dealership right next to them, and they have this shop do things like decals, color matching parts body parts (like a Camaro's rear diffuser) and engine covers.
I can vouch for Sumner Collision they did a good job on my wife and daughters car when they needed work. They also had it done when estimated
tlcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcamaro View Post
I can vouch for Sumner Collision they did a good job on my wife and daughters car when they needed work. They also had it done when estimated
Thanks guys for the recommendations. I wanted to find something close for those "just in case" things.
Forged, I have a buddy that also went there and had a good job done too.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #9
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

AutoFX just custom painted my wheels,too... even being a complicated job, they did an amazing job, and didn't go over the estimate at all. (even with unanticipated extra work...)