Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #15
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Once again, the self-sacrifice and giving nature of this forum continues to amaze...
They can't get them to SoCal.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #16
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
No, it not worth waiting for, rail works fine, they get high end cars delivered all the time and no damage. All ZL1s were delivered by rail, now all of a sudden it's worth waiting for on a truck? No, they will not go on a rail so truck is the way now. Now GM is shipping by truck because not to damage them? So that idea all other Camaro's are not good enough and ok to damage?
Trust me! It's not worth waiting for if they can not give a ETA. Easy for some one to say when they have their car, I have my car also but still say not right to wait like this for it.
I am not sure what your issue is. I am not trying to be a butt, but you have been negative on the majority of the posts I have made, ever since I started posting about my car, quoting and being opposite. Or to be controversial at the least. You couldn't wait for your car either, since you ended up not being able to wait for the one you ordered, and went out and bought #13, correct?

The ZL1 and the Z/28 are not the same car. And just in case you do not know, they have been having a LOT of damage on rail lately, and having to pay out the wah hoo for damage on cars when they arrive to the dealership. I get to see this happen MANY times at our dealership, and the damage incidences are increasing big time. They are trying to figure out why, ect. SO, they did NOT want to take this chance with the 500 Z/28 cars. I think that speaks highly of GM. At least the destination fee is the same. I think it's cool they are being treated like the ZR1, and higher end cars.

ALSO, when a new car comes out, there is always a wait PERIOD. This is NOT a regular Camaro. QC, making sure the car is right, and ready to ship, that is just how it goes. They can't ship them the second they come off the line.

YES, it is worth the wait for a special car such as the Z/28. Everyone will be happy when they receive theirs. It's a special car, with special purpose-the track! And a chance to own a piece of history. It's not a DD, or a regular car. Personally, I am happy to see this car get the privilege of getting delivered on a truck. Kinda like the 96 SS/Z28.

Vent off! That is just how it is!!!

To the OP, yes, it's worth the wait. Your delivery is right around the corner, time flies, enjoy every day, life is short, and it will make it all worth it the first time you turn the key
Old 05-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #17
Skylane765

Not true! They would not go on the 3 stack train, that is why they have to go by truck... Yes you have your car, so do I but I do feel for others that are on here and feel it's not acceptable to just "wait you will be happy" that's not right! You where up in arms when you heard my car shipped and yours was bayed. Now it's all good that you have your car. I am not selfish and believe owners should know when they will get their car.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #18
Skylane765

How long should owners wait? Months, years, days? Waiting a year would be ok? Enjoy life. No that does not go for me. I get things done and expect the same, that's why I have what I have and do enjoy life. The vetts are delivered in open truck, I looked at the truck when I picked up my Z28.

Last edited by Skylane765; 05-12-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #19
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
FWIW, GM customer service tells me it's waiting for transport.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #20
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Everyone has to wait for a new car when it comes out. That is just how it is. Do you remember the 5th gen when it came out in 2009? Mine was built 4/22/09 and didn't arrive until 6/31/09. I waited like MANY others. It was also like this for our C7.

Train damage with GM cars-it's happening a lot. They could have made it work, but decided to NOT take a chance with shipping damage. Trust me, I was aware of this long ago.

Your car showed shipped, but was not shipped. It was going off the Invoice date, as I made you aware of. It did not ship before mine. The majority of the trucks were heading mid west before mine shipped, because the quantity going in that direction. It was about getting a carrier truck full. I also told you that the system was days late in updating. The day mine was delivered, it still showed 4B00-Bayed. I also told you it was not on rail, when I shouldn't have been talking about it.

Like I said, this car is WORTH waiting for. It's an amazing machine, and the OP will be very happy. Who has time for patience anyway
Old 05-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #21
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Yes, that is correct. They are waiting for a carrier to be full to deliver to your area, on the way, ect. That is what held mine up. Mine came via Pilot transport, and they had to wait until the truck was full of Z/28s and heading in my direction.

It will be any day now for you.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #22
Skylane765

Amazing we all of a sudden heard everyone's car was going to be delivered but you knew they would ship yours by truck but could not say to anyone on here how they were coming? Why be secrete about it? I found that out also about the same time and was told not to say! Now that's not communication from GM. If you did not have your car you would be doing the same as others on here.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #23
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Yes, I was told that 3 weeks ago.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #24
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
How long should owners wait? Months, years, days? Waiting a year would be ok? Enjoy life. No that does not go for me. I get things done and expect the same, that's why I have what I have and do enjoy life. The vetts are delivered in open truck, I looked at the truck when I picked up my Z28.
All people are different. Everyone handles things differently.

Yes, C7s are open truck, but ours was Museum Delivery on 9/30/13, so we were lucky. My Z showed up inside a covered Pilot Transport, along with many others.
I was very pleased with it. IT was worth the wait.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #25
Skylane765

Yes, you miss the point. GM has not given a ETA. That is what they should do. I have to give a ETA. It's the bad communication that's not right, not the wait.

We all know they dropped the ball and found out they would not go on the rail, so they got behind and are trying to find trucks. All they had to do was SAY that, to this day CS is saying # 57 is on a rail car??
Old 05-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #26
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Amazing we all of a sudden heard everyone's car was going to be delivered but you knew they would ship yours by truck but could not say to anyone on here how they were coming? Why be secrete about it? I found that out also about the same time and was told not to say! Now that's not communication from GM. If you did not have your car you would be doing the same as others on here.
There is no need to go further here. When you are asked to keep your mouth shut-you do it. So that is what I did. It sucks, but that is just how it is.

OP, post pics when you get your car! Enjoy
Old 05-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #27
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
There is no need to go further here. When you are asked to keep your mouth shut-you do it. So that is what I did. It sucks, but that is just how it is.

OP, post pics when you get your car! Enjoy
Ok, a agree, but I feel for all others waiting on here.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #28
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Ok, a agree, but I feel for all others waiting on here.
Understandable totally.

BTW, you wouldn't believe how many other members on here who 'know stuff' and can't share Black Suburbans would be showing up all over the country

These babies will start arriving soon, and the 2015's even quicker (when they start). Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out soon for all.