Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #29
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle View Post
I guess your to young to remember when Ram Air Gm and Mopars Ruled the street What I am saying if you look at the horsepower rating of the non ram air cars vs the ram air cars HP was higher with the same engine. Do you think Gm made false claims. And yes my Butt Dyno has been working for some time now like the days at Motion Performance in New York. I think I know what HP feels like. You remember Motion ,right?
Oh i'm well old enough to remember those days. They made a GREAT cold air intake. If you think a hood with inlets on it can create postive pressure (boost) inside the combustion chamber, at the speeds the cars run, you need to to do a little more research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle View Post
Then explain to me why when you add the scoop to the Cold Air Inductions does the HP go up or this is a farce also. So your idea about it not working on FI cars does not pan out unless the tests are wrong. Help me out here I like to learn new things
It's called availability. More cold air around the filter means the engine doesn't have to work as hard to suck in it. Less work translates into more HP. That is unless you really believe that the ADM scoop can direct a column of air from the bottom of your car, up through the opening, through the filter, through the intake pipe, to the intake manny. Then keep the pressure there to create postive pressure. Damn, ADM must have used some magic material to create such a masterpiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEP RT View Post
Think about this...take a 1.25" hose about 3' long and put a thick piece of cloth at the end of it and the other end put in your mouth and breath in just through the hose (you can exhale through your nose). Not hard. Now run that way around the block. Allot harder huh? Now take the filtered end and put it in your shirt. Harder yet. Now take that hose and cut 2.5' off and put it straight in front of your face. Of the choices which is the way you want your car to breath? Look at the way the Vararam is made. Air coming in of the grill dose have pressure, the more the faster you go. If pressurized air makes no difference on an injected motor then why add a blower or a turbo?
MMMM, that koolaid taste good don't it?

Think about this. The air has to bounce off the radiator, up into the mouth of the VR scoop, through a filter, through a honeycomb screen, then into the intake manny. Do you really think the VR intake or ANY intake can provide postive pressure inside your intake manny? The VR intake may very well be a good CAI but there's no way in hell they are creating positive pressure inside the intake.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:03 AM   #30
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
No one ever wins the which CAI is better. One type isn't going to please everyone. All I can say is if you are given the opportunity to try something different, go for it. If you can try something out with no risk even better.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote