Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-27-2015, 10:30 PM   #43
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
A friend who is a buyer at carmax at auctions told me this weekend that most dealers don't know what the 1LE is. He said at auctions he sees them going for $25k to $28k. All these dealers pass on them because they think they been modded with the fiberglass flat black hood, wheels, and performance exhaust. So he said he has been picking them up cheap and selling retail at $34k and above quickly. Even at his own carmax his buyers bought a 1LE and was just about to remove the hood decal when he stopped them. He said not to many were made and since it was a short run only 3 years that most people never seen one, let alone know what it is. But he said he noticed at the last auction dealers are finally catching on that they are something special. So he said give it a year, even thou the new body style coming out, still lots of people look for 1-3 year used cars because they don't want to lose the depreciation value.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:01 AM   #44
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
Yea, no doubt that 1LEs aren't bringing much trade-in.

But, retail --- check Cars.com, eBay, or autotrader and you'll see they are holding value very well -- better than I expected. Most dealers are asking $36-39k for them with 10-20k miles. While I realize they will end up taking $33-37k or so, that's still pretty good for a car that had 42-45k sticker.

I see the depreciation on these cars slowing like it did for the 2012-2013 Mustang Boss.
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:37 AM   #45
Eleven
Out-Shocker/In-Minivan!

Drives: 1LE
I got $30K for mine on a dealer sell back. No trade, didnt want to make the payments. went in for service for the seat and made a deal. 8K miles. no mods, no accidents or damage.

The Owner came out and looked at it. He knew what it was. I asked if he wanted to buy it and he said yeah!!! I said $30K he said he would think about it. I said dont worry, If you dont give me $30K ill walk and sell it privately for $33K. He called back an hr later and said ok $30K.

One thing he said, and i saw the printouts (nada, galves, and there were about 3 or 4 others I cant remember the names tho) from the "comps" there WERE NO 1LE CAMAROS sold at auction within 100 miles within a 8 week period. So he could not "click off a box" and get an accurate price. I saw the average price for 2SS ones for auction about $27-28K. He went on to say the system wasnt set up for the 1LE option, so maybe there just slipping thru and being bought and sold at regular 1SS or 2SS trade in values. I think one of the comps had a Performance package option, but it returned the same price as the 2SS. Both the owner and manager were scratching their heads, saying that wasnt right and the 1LE was worth more.

Dealer also said "I cant even order these!" he was pretty stoked about buying it. I may have been able to hold out for another grand, or I could have sold it privately, But im happy with what I got. I have bought several cars from this dealer and it was always drama free. No problems, no games, no bait and switch. I felt comfortable giving the car back to them, they always took care of me when I was purchasing.

Im very sad to see it go.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:56 AM   #46
littlebuffalo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
I had an Audi dealer offer me $21K trade for my 13 1le 1ss with 9,668 miles. I guess the wife doesn't need a new car for a bit til I sell it on my own.
littlebuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:29 AM   #47
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
I can recall the days back in the late 70s early 80s seeing z28s and ss's driving around with trailer hitches and snow tires and sometimes chains. Its the used cars kids with 'cool' parents bought them for high school beater cars.

But then again, you dont see the old camaros now getting traded at dealer lots for camrys and prius's.

Food for thought.
Mark T is offline   Reply With Quote