Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-19-2024, 09:01 AM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I have a JRE email/remote tune. Minimal mods but I will say, I used another popular tuner's 'aggressive' tune first and lost a torque converter. Will never really know if it was simply a weak link failing or what. But Jannety's tune produced ALL the benefits as the 'other' tune without any fails. And that's a GOOD thing! Probably been using it 4-5 years now.
Thank you for the feedback, always good to hear the success stories.

The Happiest customers, are the quietest customers
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 09:29 AM   #16
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I currently have a dyno tune on my Camaro, but have had lots of success with remote tuning as well. For example when I had a lifted 2002 Avalanche, I had Blackhorse racing do a flash tune to tune for rear gears, and headers. Truck ran great. So i think if you use someone who know what they are doing like Jannetty Racing, either is a great option. I personally like to see the power #'s, the Torque curve, etc... and that can only be had on a dyno.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:03 AM   #17
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
I currently have a dyno tune on my Camaro, but have had lots of success with remote tuning as well. For example when I had a lifted 2002 Avalanche, I had Blackhorse racing do a flash tune to tune for rear gears, and headers. Truck ran great. So i think if you use someone who know what they are doing like Jannetty Racing, either is a great option. I personally like to see the power #'s, the Torque curve, etc... and that can only be had on a dyno.
Thank you for your confidence in JRE.

Almost all of the tuning can be done on the street and you are welcome to visit a dyno for a few final pulls and adjustments if necessary.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:25 PM   #18
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I didnt realize you guys wont tune me since I dont have cats :(

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 02:29 PM   #19
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
I didnt realize you guys wont tune me since I dont have cats :(
Install cats problem solved.

There is Zero benefit to running no cats and lots of down sides.

When you get a minute read the Clean Air act.

The consequences are massive.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:31 PM   #20
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Install cats problem solved.

There is Zero benefit to running no cats and lots of down sides.

When you get a minute read the Clean Air act.

The consequences are massive.
Oh I understand. I bought the car with no cats or resonator. I just added the Borla Atak. Then those blew out so now im swapping to Corsa Catback but i guess im gonna have to look into adding some highflow cats that hopefully just bolt up

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Old 02-19-2024, 02:32 PM   #21
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Oh I understand. I bought the car with no cats or resonator. I just added the Borla Atak. Then those blew out so now im swapping to Corsa Catback but i guess im gonna have to look into adding some highflow cats that hopefully just bolt up
I stock nice universal cat with EPA certification.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:36 PM   #22
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I stock nice universal cat with EPA certification.
Well then, I guess ill be reaching out again. Maybe have you guys do the cats, throw the exhaust on, plugs and wires ( if needed, im at 75k ) and the tune. Ugh, its so expensive trying to be marginally quick lol

Old 02-19-2024, 03:56 PM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Well then, I guess ill be reaching out again. Maybe have you guys do the cats, throw the exhaust on, plugs and wires ( if needed, im at 75k ) and the tune. Ugh, its so expensive trying to be marginally quick lol
We can certainly take care of that for you.
Old 02-19-2024, 04:09 PM   #24
Carpetguy

Drives: 2011
I also have had both.Efi for my diesels and can tuners.
Definitely been happier with remote tuning on my trucks and camaros.
But also depends who is doing it aswell.
Carpetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 02:34 PM   #25
SS_CTS-V

Drives: 2015 SS, 2006 CTS-V (wrecked...)
What year, trim, and modification do you have and what company did you get your tune from?

2015 Camaro SS - Rod mod & ported LS3 intake, LT headers w/ cats, NOWEEDS, CAI, 4.11 gears. Dyno Steve at DSP

There are many capable devices to choose from. What device did you select and what made it an attractive option? Example, a handheld device like SCT, Diablo, EFI Live, HP Tuners. Or did you opt for an email tune?

SCT X4 - Good price, easy install options, good reputation

Are you happy with how it turned out?

Very happy with the results, and process. Steve has been helpful and willing to provide follow-up support, not just "one and done".

What are your opinions on remote tuning and what recommendations would you make to other Camaro owners wanting to do this?

For those of us with just bolt-ons, the remote/email tune is a convenient and affordable option that doesn't require dedicated time on a dyno. I have a very busy life/schedule and the flexibility to tune/data log whenever I have spare time is a huge advantage for me. Definitely do your homework when selecting a remote tuner, there are plenty of reputable shops for us Gen5 owners that are easy to find in the site sponsors and others. Never trust someone who doesn't have verifiable references. It's not worth saving a couple dollars for the risk of potential damage.

That said, I am installing ported & polished heads (maybe cam too) right now, and that will require a little more finesse in the tune than current basic bolt-on stuff. We'll see how that all goes.
SS_CTS-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 04:15 PM   #26
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
2010 Camaro V6 RS/GFX
BBK Headers
Ported Throttle Body
Port Matched Intake
CAI Intake
Trifecta Tune
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote