Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #71
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
I see your point, but if there's no real difference between the two years, why get out of line only to go into another line and have to deal with your deposit issues again?
I can understand and appreciate those that have a deposit and may want it back to get something totally different i.e. a Ford/Dodge or something, but to get out of a line only to stand in a new line doesn't make sense especially if there's no difference. After all the 2012 will still be considered new at the time of release...even if the 2013 is about to be released.
there may not be any performance difference but if there is enough time in between 2012 and 2013 production, I say that the major difference will be that, the 2013 will hopefully have the benefit of having fixed at the factory the issues reported by 2012 owners. This is the main reason why I am not getting a 2012.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #72
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
I'm sure they'll fix the problems for the '12 so if there's no other changes, they'll be the same quality. My ZL1 was already built in February. Usually, if you buy an older MY when the new MY comes out, you get a big discount for having a "year older" car. So let's say if I'll sell it in 5 yrs, I'll lose $4,000 for having a '12 bought in May versus a '13 bought in July. That's like paying $2,000 a month to have the car early. It doesn't make much sense...I think GM should either delay the '13s, discount the price for '12s or just transform everything in '13s at this point.
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #73
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
well, im not sure about everyone else, but this whole beating around the bush thing that GM is doing, is geting quite old. JUST GIVE US OUR ZL1s PLEASE!!!!
c4maroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #74
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
**News Flash** - Snapp32e and Drake Heminger are attempting a hostile takeover of GM in order to quickly resolve all known potential issues causing the delay of the much anticipated arrival of Camaro ZL1 and have commented that they are announcing that the ZL1 is not in existence until it has met there stringent quality control standards. They ask that any and all requests and/or discussions are thus null and void. Please go about your usual dull/exciting life and thanks for listening. Any further inquiries should be forwarded to Bill Engvall.

Here's your sign -

http://www.funnysign.com/tag/argue/
...and I bet someone would beg to differ with that....."Go ahead, make my day..."

Name:  suburban2.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  143.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
They say it's the hood again... Ok cool replace them... Ship the one's with the exposed...
....you DO remember the exposed CF hoods are going to be dealer installed, DON"T YOU Drake???? <Drake nods head in acknowledgement>
Old 03-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #75
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
I don't have a ZL1 on order. However, as a collector, I would much rather have a '12 than a '13. Every day initial shipping is delayed is one more day of lost production which will make the '12s that get out of the plant before the model year change that much more rare. That's not a bad thing! If your plans are short term ownership (less than 25 years or so), driving lots of miles and/or flogging it on the track, wait for the '13 to avoid a full year of depreciation in a handful of months. Just my $0.02....
Old 03-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #76
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
I don't have a ZL1 on order. However, as a collector, I would much rather have a '12 than a '13. Every day initial shipping is delayed is one more day of lost production which will make the '12s that get out of the plant before the model year change that much more rare. That's not a bad thing! If your plans are short term ownership (less than 25 years or so), driving lots of miles and/or flogging it on the track, wait for the '13 to avoid a full year of depreciation in a handful of months. Just my $0.02....
I agree with this.... hey maybe they will just release the ones that were built as 2012 that would be 500 or so? So even though you get your car right before the 13s come out you can say hey its 1 of 500
2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #77
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post

....you DO remember the exposed CF hoods are going to be dealer installed, DON"T YOU Drake???? <Drake nods head in acknowledgement>

The Exposed Inserts are factory installed ... and not LPO's
Old 03-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #78
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
...there was a broadcast stating the exposed CF hoods were going to be dealer installed.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #79
toilets

Drives: 2010 camaro
Man, has anyone checked other sites? Nissan, bimmer, ford, all of them are just flat out bashing us and GM... Kinda sad.

A funny response on a Nissan site was that the reason why production stopped was because the Canadians let a moose run around in the factory and it knocked everything over ...

I got a chuckle out of that one.
toilets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #80
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I think that OldScool was referring to those orders that were impacted by the “exposed carbon fiber weave hood insert” full constraint during one of the previous DOSP cycles, where it was NOT possible when RPO B92 came off constraint to change or add the RPO: B92 back to those orders that had to be changed by the dealer to the black satin hood insert to fit the available production window. For those customers with the black satin hood insert who seek the “exposed carbon fiber weave hood insert,” the exposed CF insert will be available as a dealer-installed accessory part in the coming months.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #81
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Quote:
Originally Posted by toilets View Post
Man, has anyone checked other sites? Nissan, bimmer, ford, all of them are just flat out bashing us and GM... Kinda sad.

A funny response on a Nissan site was that the reason why production stopped was because the Canadians let a moose run around in the factory and it knocked everything over ...

I got a chuckle out of that one.

2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #82
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
Thank you very much! That's the answer I was looking for. I kind of thought about that but with so many issues around the '12, I needed confirmation. I appreciate that it comes from a collector!
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #83
snapp32e

Drives: '81-Z28/'07-Tundra/'12-ZL1/'13-Jeep
Right about now I'd be happy with any MY but as it stands, GM, I won't hold my breath.
ZL1 #612
snapp32e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #84
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
**NEWS FLASH** - There are reports coming in that Drake Heminger and another persona by the name of Snapp32e were found in a back alley close to GM's Headquarters and were severely injured. Those getting to the scene first recount the victims repeating over and over - " No Fbodfather...No Fbodfather...No Fbodfather...." The assailant has yet to be apprehended. Descriptions of the assailant were described as a large man with a big stick driving a Black Suburban. If anyone has any information they are asked to..(Public Safety Announcement Interruption)

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote