Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #1471
toilets

Drives: 2010 camaro
Just from what autoblog has mentioned is all I know of for now
Old 03-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #1472
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4MB View Post
The cars built already would stay in the 4xxx range. What will probably happen is it will go from 4B00 back to 4300 to get fixed and then either back to being bayed or shipped. Maybe they have a code that puts them back on the line if special jigs or tooling is needed to make the fix.
I don't see a built ever going back on the line for any reason. Anything that needs to be repaired will be done like any other auto repair, garage/lift whatever.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #1473
DonNC

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS/2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubio View Post
i think the sad part is that cars that are built didnt go in any certain order. i ordered mine at the beginning of december and im at 3000, there are people here that ordered them in november and have not moved past 1102. those orders are ones that might get dropped and made 13 models. too bad cars werent produced in the order in which they were ordered.
How about getting the 1st allocation at your dealer, being there @ 9am on Oct. 29, 2011 to order (PZDD32) only to have the dealer cancel your order on Jan. 7, 2012 and reorder (QCJSSJ). This dealer got 4 allocations, only to cancel 3 orders and reorder on Jan. 7. Lots of promises and BS from this dealer. Avoid this dealer at all costs! And don't waste your time with Chevrolet Customer Service and I quote, "we at Chevrolet build the cars, how the dealer runs their business is their business". I kid you not. But i've still got $60,000 in my pocket and I think that's where it will stay.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #1474
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
Would you be satisfied if GM issued a statement indicating that "an issue was identified during the Quality Control process that needs to be resolved before production can resume and vehicles can be shipped to dealers."
yes
Old 03-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #1475
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Rebel View Post
Guys flexing their edicks need not apply

Now where were we, any updates today?
I see what you're doing and can appreciat it, but, there are no duplicate posts allowed.

I would, however, encourage everyone to stay in the nature of keeping this thread (and all others in our Community) in good standing. If you find a post that is questionable, REPORT it. That's what it's for. Take the high road - don't reply in a snyde, rude fashion - just report it

I'm sorry for the merge. Most of us have the capacity to be reasonable and act like an adult and all of us can report suspect posts

Respectfully...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #1476
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonNC View Post
How about getting the 1st allocation at your dealer, being there @ 9am on Oct. 29, 2011 to order (PZDD32) only to have the dealer cancel your order on Jan. 7, 2012 and reorder (QCJSSJ). This dealer got 4 allocations, only to cancel 3 orders and reorder on Jan. 7. Lots of promises and BS from this dealer. Avoid this dealer at all costs! And don't waste your time with Chevrolet Customer Service and I quote, "we at Chevrolet build the cars, how the dealer runs their business is their business". I kid you not. But i've still got $60,000 in my pocket and I think that's where it will stay.
Dang! That ain't right. Like everyone else, I wish GM would actually come out and say how the process is gonna work. Are all the cars at 3000 and up going to be 2012s, and the 2050 and under going to be 2013s. Will they drop all retail orders and just build sold orders. BTW, mine is 3000 but was put in as a retail order. Speculation sucks
Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #1477
illiceman

Drives: 2012 ZL 1
I could just hear all the bull if GM would have sent the cars out and then had problems.Yes I want mine but I want it right.The lesson GM and all the car co.have learned from this is make sure it is right before production.Yes there will always be mistakes but as long as it is as right as it can be before it is Del. then it will work out.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #1478
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
If its a BCM issue, you will want them to fix it right. I had a 2005 Corvette, first year of the C6, and it had an issue where it would drain the battery in less than two days. It only affected the manual transmission cars and happened to me at least twice per year. It took them 2 years to find the issue in the BCM, which they solved with new programming. On the MT cars, you had to put the car in reverse and then shut it off with the dash button (no keys). They eliminated that step the next year as they were able to convince the DOT they didn't need to put it in reverse. They finally found that there were certain scenarios where the car would not completely power down and keep a circuit closed, thus drawing power.

I will be buying a 2013 ZL1, mostly because that's when I'll be able to have enough saved. I feel for you guys, I know waiting with no news sucks.

Anyone remember the Mustang Cobra issues from the late 90's? Don't remember the exact details, but it was supposed to have a certain amount of horsepower and once in production owners started complaining that it didn't feel like their cars had the power they were supposed to have. People started dyno'ing their cars and found they were down on power. Finally enough complaints issued that Ford looked into it. What happened was that the supplier for the intakes had not completely machined the intakes, so they were not flowing the amount of air they were supposed to. They recalled them all and replaced the intakes.

Many more stories like this throughout the 80's and 90's with performance cars, its the nature of the beast with these things. I'm sure everyone on the supplier side and GM side are doing the best they can to get this resolved.

Hang in there everyone!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #1479
mcalcote

Drives: 2012 ZL1
The wait is hard... But I would rather the factory fix something then try and have a dealersip fix it.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #1480
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
I live about 45 minutes from the plant and heard from a reliable source that the problem is a chip in the BCM. The supplier is in Japan and it will be 6 - 8 weeks before there is a fix.

Man if you can make it from Oakville to the plant in Oshawa in 45 minutes, you have no need for a ZL1. Your current car is quick enough. And it might even fly.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 03-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #1481
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Got this email today from my dealer

The purpose of this note is to provide you with an update on 2012 Camaro ZL1 production and vehicle shipment plans.
All Camaro ZL1 models produced to date are currently being held by General Motors for a quality assessment. At this moment, the duration of the hold is undetermined, and may last a few more weeks. As soon as the hold is cleared, a note will be sent to all dealers to advise that 2012 Camaro ZL1 shipments are underway.
We regret to have to undertake these actions, especially given the high anticipation for the new Camaro ZL1. We ask for your patience and will continue to keep you posted on any developments regarding production and vehicle shipments from Oshawa.

blah blah blah......More of nothing! He seems to think April!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #1482
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
My guess would be the second week of April. They are shut down next week, and the following week if all is well they should start sequencing the orders again. Then shipping starts by mid month of April.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #1483
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
That blows man. I have enough trouble waiting for my car and I haven't even ordered it yet!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #1484
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Joe View Post
The purpose of this note is to provide you with an update on 2012 Camaro ZL1 production and vehicle shipment plans.
All Camaro ZL1 models produced to date are currently being held by General Motors for a quality assessment. At this moment, the duration of the hold is undetermined, and may last a few more weeks. As soon as the hold is cleared, a note will be sent to all dealers to advise that 2012 Camaro ZL1 shipments are underway.
We regret to have to undertake these actions, especially given the high anticipation for the new Camaro ZL1. We ask for your patience and will continue to keep you posted on any developments regarding production and vehicle shipments from Oshawa.

blah blah blah......More of nothing! He seems to think April!
"will continue to keep u posted," really? What's new? Isn't that just an old letter?

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, boss vs zl1, camaro, camaro zl1, gt500 vs 700hp z/28, zl! dosp, zl1, zl1 hold, zl1 qc