Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
car wax HELP

Anybody have any suggestions on a car wax? i just purchased some things from Adam's and i know they ahve a good wax but if i can find a cheaper altenative that people recommend than im up for it.
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
mgaspari

what about adams butter wax, seems pretty cheap.. can i just get that or would i need other things to put on before it
Old 06-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
At the Autopia Car Care Store, they had numerous type of Waxes and Sealants that won't break the bank, check them out. Don't forget your discount for being a member here on Camaro5....
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
Anybody have any suggestions on a car wax? i just purchased some things from Adam's and i know they ahve a good wax but if i can find a cheaper altenative that people recommend than im up for it.
If you are looking for a well priced, but EXTREMELY long lasting wax then you have two choices.

FK1000P

or Collinite 845.

Both waxes are highly-recommended by those who value longevity.

Collinite 845 will give you paint a very bright finish, and looks great on silvers, whites, and medium colors like blues.

FK1000P has a very distinct look that has been compared to dipping your car in a layer of shiny clear coat, it is very hard to describe, but very unique.
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
mgaspari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@Autopia View Post
If you are looking for a well priced, but EXTREMELY long lasting wax then you have two choices.

FK1000P

or Collinite 845.

Both waxes are highly-recommended by those who value longevity.

Collinite 845 will give you paint a very bright finish, and looks great on silvers, whites, and medium colors like blues.

FK1000P has a very distinct look that has been compared to dipping your car in a layer of shiny clear coat, it is very hard to describe, but very unique.
Thank you, i will look into it
Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
what about adams butter wax, seems pretty cheap.. can i just get that or would i need other things to put on before it
Buttery is a good liquid wax, super easy to apply and remove, but does sacrifice some durability. I generally recommend applying it once a month to maintain a good layer of protection.

You don't "need" to do anything other than wash prior to waxing, but keep in mind the end result is more about the prep work than it is about the last product you apply. So to that end claying to remove bonded contamination, and a little polishing to remove imperfections and bring out the gloss PRIOR to waxing will make the end result that much better.

If you need help putting a kit together let me know, more than happy to help. Also remember we offer the industries only 110% money back satisfaction guarantee so if you decide to give Buttery a try and it doesn't impress you we'll buy it back +10% of what you paid.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
mgaspari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Buttery is a good liquid wax, super easy to apply and remove, but does sacrifice some durability. I generally recommend applying it once a month to maintain a good layer of protection.

You don't "need" to do anything other than wash prior to waxing, but keep in mind the end result is more about the prep work than it is about the last product you apply. So to that end claying to remove bonded contamination, and a little polishing to remove imperfections and bring out the gloss PRIOR to waxing will make the end result that much better.

If you need help putting a kit together let me know, more than happy to help. Also remember we offer the industries only 110% money back satisfaction guarantee so if you decide to give Buttery a try and it doesn't impress you we'll buy it back +10% of what you paid.
okay thanks!