Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
traded up to 2013 manual 2ss/rs not zl1

I have been in a quandry for some time awaiting for the next allotment from my local dealer to come as I had a deposit down for a zl1 and they skipped me with out a call and ordered in a ashen grey zl1. I wanted a crystal red and options..... and they knew I as still paying down my 2011 vert at higher principle to make the financing easier, ( I went underwater with a 2004 aveo and 2006 harley truck trade in too).

WELL....they sufficiently pissed me off so that I was sad waiting for the next allotment knowing they had my money sitting there for months and months so a couple days ago after OBAMA was re elected and knowing the economy would suck hard and be the same old shhhh with him in there I knew I had told myself I would not go for the zl1 if he got back in I have a daughter in college and a couple years from now I and my loving wife may have to hemmoraige more money than we allready are paying in interest on one of her loans if she can not get a job being a science biology/ neuroscience major.

So kind of depressed I was looking at the camaro build your own site and making a imaginary ss with all the options I wanted and for the hell of it did the local search for one and bam there was my new baby ruby!
I showed the pics to my wife and she said do it, do it, do it!!!! ROFL

So I called up to portland and set up a test drive and did what finacing crap i could on line even though i was still on the hook for 41k the price of my vert. I knew though i had the optional service contract for 3K though, and hoped depreciation would not be that bad as I scanned through KBB, and edmunds etc. Crapola I was hoping to at least get 33K for my 2ss/rs vert with an auto, ( originally I wanted to buy a coupe that was red with a stick but it of course was sold and just languishing online to attract people back in 2011) and no CRT models now to look at unless its a stupid malibu or some thing.

Well after getting there and test driving I loved the friggin new car, crystal red is so damn beautiful and my wife loved it and was told to shut up by me as I had to haggle. This sales basturd comes out with his kelly bluebook printout saying my car with 5,100 on the odometer and just a couple curb marks on two wheels was worth 28K. I of course looked at his KBB print out and called B.S. I looked it up online on kelly blue book and I know the lowest and highest value it gave....what is this kbb printout from what website? I said I could show him...just let me at the computer.... Well no they did not have one around on the showroom floor yada yada.........

Anyway I got thousands back in value from standing firm and haggling and calling thier crap as he went back and forth to the manager. I was also with a grand and my old service contract refund I promised to give to them able to make a deposit of $3500...(who knew the extended warranty bumper to bumper lost money...$500 over a year as it ran concurrent I did not).

SO I got the car and they added clear sheild to the front of everything I am scheduled for for $1000. And I get home and they need more paper work for my credit union that is ok so I go to scan it and in the rush to do the financing I notice they did not give me the advertised internet special price...$39,999 instead they charged me like $41k and change. God I hate dealers. SO I included with my paperwork in the email a WTF happed to the internet special price? It of course is the next day and the posting is not on the net anymore....

SO they call me and say the person that took it down can not find the price yada yada.....And I say well your going to give me some of the other options I wanted...Like the accent lighting, custom floor mats then etc...that they did not want to include in getting it financed...
And the salesman said ok, no charge. Myself and my wife work in corrections.....And this was false advertising as I did not notice it until later in the rush I am still happy getting things I wanted. I just am so damn dissapointed in sales people trying to get over on us working folk and were veterans too. Hell, my local dealership we bought 3 cars from in the last two years and they did not even tell me when they got thier allotment for the zl1....

I know i could have looked else where, and if I ever do it will not be there for a zl1. With a once a year maybe allotment... The place we went to in portland had a callaway camaro and a callaway vette, and three unused allotments. It just goes to show 50 miles to a larger market makes a lot of difference. And I now have a payment that is actually smaller than for my 2011 convertible

I and my wife have permagrins every time we drive in our new camaro.
The new one has stiffer suspension and is faster, lighter, has the electric power steering, the new mirror, the touch screen, the smaller steering wheel, and the seats have higher sides and feel better than the 2011. Also the passenger side has electric seat too, and they raise up so I am not way below the door edge and dont look like a dork with my arm too far up in the air. There is nothing like getting exactly what you want, and not just settling for less.

The nicest part is that after using the manual I friggin love the hell out of it and so does my wife. The tap shifter on the auto I hardly ever used, it was more just a un used extra and well annoying to like play with. With the manual it feels so much torquier and alive! Sure the clutch pedals stiff as hell compaired to some but hey you get used to it in ten minutes. And the dual mode exhaust is so friggin muscle car like my old 406 in my chevelle was it sounds healthy as hell.

I just wanted to share this experience with you all, I was going to be a zl1 owner but gave up, I know I could have burnished the brake pads right, and changed the tires to pirellis for the rain around here, and babied the supercharger with a catch can and a super chiller and better intercooler and etc etc to make it better and then mod it for like 700hp but hey.....
My car is a daily driver, and a cruiser. I just got better milege with the clutch than with my old auto on the freeway I believe and it had vvt and was going to be more of a pain to build by getting parts from mast motorsports and changing the timing advance it could have limiting its phaser etc.

I used to love building my auto trans with shift kits, and torque converters etc...But now I will live with the occassional clutch job!
And I like the new manual compaired to the older ones I have driven big time and I have driven alot of them. So this is my story and we love "RUBY". She is in our "garage", and she will not be replaced by a zl1, I love driving her and so does my wife, and naturally aspirated does have its advantages big time$

Last edited by christianchevell; 11-10-2012 at 03:39 PM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Forum rule no. 6
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Congrats on the new ride. Seems like a lot of dealership BS you had to deal with. There was no drama with my purchase. I ordered the car, paid just over invoice, and it arrived as expected. Sucks that you had a bad experience, but at least you were able to get the car you wanted. Post some pics!
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
This is no place for politics. delete that from your post if you want to keep the thread going.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
TL;DR
Old 11-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
Forum rule no. 6

Old 11-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
Congrats on the ride! Y U no post pictures?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #8
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
What was wrong with your vert?

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking

Hmmmmm ....so what I get out of all this is the fact that you dont like OBAMA....somewhere on the internet there are forums for this kind of ranting....not here though
Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #10
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
Forum rule no. 6
He's trying to state the facts. Congrats on the new 2013!

With your dealer changing the price on the internet, I had that happen as well. The manager said he accidently put the wrong price on the net, but I had the print out. I said own up or shut up and I got the car at the advertised price.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
OBAMA

Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Not buying a ZL1 just because of an election, and complaining about it = idiot.

Time to close this one.
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #13
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
come on if you are a romney voter, you should know to have put your daughter in a better major. like business
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
jrpimp00

Drives: '10 Black/IOM Camaro SS/RS
I didnt read your post past the Obama comment.
You blame another man for you not being smart enoug to control your own finances? All i can say is that youre a loser and if ou cant afford a vehicle how about not buying it and better yet not complaining about not being able to buy it.