Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #85
speedygonzales

Drives: 99 z71, 2012 2SS
It's hard to know what is common knowledge and what is not

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post
You would expect it to work like any normal bleeder screw but it's the opposite.
It could be assumed that we have all come in contact with this type of pet**** at the bottom of the radiator for so many years that it was common knowledge

pet**** in radiator

picture of pet**** closed

pet**** open

Edit: The site will not allow the full name of the valve to show. That's just stupid

Last edited by speedygonzales; 03-02-2013 at 06:38 AM.
speedygonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #86
MyKuLLSKI

Drives: 2012 Yellow Camaro 2LT RS
This is NOT common knowledge. AND my car sill whistles. This breather is a POS i think
MyKuLLSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #87
speedygonzales

Drives: 99 z71, 2012 2SS
Say what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
It could be assumed that we have all come in contact with this type of pet**** at the bottom of the radiator for so many years that it was common knowledge

Edit: The site will not allow the full name of the valve to show. That's just stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKuLLSKI View Post
This is NOT common knowledge. AND my car sill whistles. This breather is a POS i think
Any disagreement with whether it was assumed to be common knowledge needs to be addressed to the person/company that writes the installation instructions. Not me.

The company might also assume that the tell tale visual sign of oil in the drain tube should be enough to tell the user that the valve is open instead of closed.

You are stretching some sort of issue way WAY too far/long. Why don't you just put the oil fill cap back on like someone suggested a long time ago?

One last item for the moderators. How is it someone can post this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
So went to switch brackets. Only had two months. Yuck wow full of shit
But the board will not post the word pet****?
speedygonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #88
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
The breather will always make noise as there is a good amount of air entering it.

Here are pictures of the drain valve closed:

and open:

Just like any nut, bolt, screw, etc. it is "righty tighty, lefty loosey". turn counter clockwise to close, counter clockwise to open looking at it like any bolt (if its on the bottom, picture yourself looking at it from the bottom).

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #89
MyKuLLSKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
You are stretching some sort of issue way WAY too far/long. Why don't you just put the oil fill cap back on like someone suggested a long time ago?
Im stretching an issue that never gotten resolved. I had 1 breather that made the car whistle REALLLLLY loudly. Then i put the stock cap on and waited for a second breather and the second one is also REALLLLY loud.

I'm at the point where I put the stock orifice in and removed the catch can and breather. The CEL went off today so Ill put the can back on and see if I get a bad idle or whistle and if I do ill but the breather. Then if I get too much blow i will have to experiment with the orifice again.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #90
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Try it w/out the breather....and post pics again of the can routing to make sure all is correct.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #91
MyKuLLSKI

So my observations
The can alone is good - No squeal
The breather with the can appears to be fine =with no squeal, but ill find out in a few days if its full of oil.

If its full of oil ill be experimenting with orifice hole sizes because the one in the post seems to be to large and make my car squeal.

Tags
blow, catch can, rx catch can