Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #1
Jimsb

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Loud thump sound when changing HVAC mode

Hi guys I just got my 2016 Camaro a few weeks ago and I recently noticed a one time thump sound when I turn my HVAC mode to recirculation(or when the car starts).

At first I thought it was a problem with the ac regulator motor as the sound was coming from the dash however after checking online I found this bulletin repair notice which suggests the issues is actually caused by a fitting issue.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Whoops, I just realized i meant to post this on the 6th gen forums

Last edited by Jimsb; 11-08-2016 at 12:39 PM. Reason: wrong gen
Jimsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 12:22 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsb View Post
Hi guys I just got my 2016 Camaro a few weeks ago and I recently noticed a one time thump sound when I turn my HVAC mode to recirculation(or when the car starts).

At first I thought it was a problem with the ac regulator motor as the sound was coming from the dash however after checking online I found this bulletin repair notice which suggests the issues is actually caused by a fitting issue.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Whoops, I just realized i meant to post this on the 6th gen forums
Hey Jim,

I am sorry to hear you’re experiencing this HVAC concern with your Camaro. I see that you are seeking advice from other forum members, however, feel free to send us a private message if you would like our assistance. We would be happy to reach out to your dealership to facilitate an appointment and look into this further on our end. Please be sure to include your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and preferred dealership in your message if this is something of interest.

Best,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote