Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #43
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
If money was "really" no object, then I can assure you I wouldn't even be looking a buying an American car. If money was really of no object, then I'd be riding around in a Koenigsegg Agera R or Ferrari LaFerrari.

Then again, if money really was of no object. I wouldn't be on an internet Camaro forum chatting. I'd be too busy out spending the money on cool stuff and doing cool things.
Of course you would. Me to. That's the point I'm trying to make. Nobody says I'd rather have a rubber raft over a yacht. A trailer over a mansion. Etc. etc. etc. Not sure why saying this offends people.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #44
sixtyseven

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT/RS 2017 XL1200C
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Of course you would. Me to. That's the point I'm trying to make. Nobody says I'd rather have a rubber raft over a yacht. A trailer over a mansion. Etc. etc. etc. Not sure why saying this offends people.
Your not getting the opposing point. Stock for stock They're really not as far apart as you would like to believe. Is .9 to 1.3 seconds faster worth additional $5,000 to $10,000 for a street car to the masses. The market already proved that point 70% - 30%.
2015 2LT/RS Black -w- CGM Rally Stripes. CAI, Elite CC, Apex air scoop + w/b kit, JacFab ported IM/Extendolator, Solo HFC's, Corsa Sport Cat-Back #14953, GM strut brace, GM stealth splash guards, GM premium floor mats, Defenderworx two tone sills, Emblem Pro LFX hood emblems, FR41-20x9/20x10 gloss black wheels, OK91/93 - OKTCM Tune.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:55 PM   #45
sixtyseven

You wouldn't lose me on the highway. As you hit your 155 limiter I'd be right on your ass hitting 155 also. You would definitely still be in sight and not very far ahead. Till you run out of gas and I pass you....LOL See how silly these threads are? Raft vs yacht...haha!
2015 2LT/RS Black -w- CGM Rally Stripes. CAI, Elite CC, Apex air scoop + w/b kit, JacFab ported IM/Extendolator, Solo HFC's, Corsa Sport Cat-Back #14953, GM strut brace, GM stealth splash guards, GM premium floor mats, Defenderworx two tone sills, Emblem Pro LFX hood emblems, FR41-20x9/20x10 gloss black wheels, OK91/93 - OKTCM Tune.

Last edited by sixtyseven; 11-30-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:33 PM   #46
b4cz28
TX SS

Drives: 2014 RS/2SS
Quote:
Just save your breath, they will never admit to anything. V6 is clearly the better motor. Lol
Old 12-01-2015, 04:31 AM   #47
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyseven View Post
Your not getting the opposing point. Stock for stock They're really not as far apart as you would like to believe. Is .9 to 1.3 seconds faster worth additional $5,000 to $10,000 for a street car to the masses. The market already proved that point 70% - 30%.
At the risk of pissing Gretchen off again. All it proves is the majority of Americans cant afford the more expensive up level cars. They have to balance things like the higher cost of fuel, Higher insurance fees, Higher monthly car payments. And sacrifice that 1.5 seconds in a quarter mile or the better lap time at the track. Because mortgages need to be paid and the little ones have a collage fund. Don't kid yourself. The 70%-30% has more to do with median income level than it has to do with people wanting a V6 over a V8 or supercharged V8.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:10 AM   #48
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I never assumed anything about your car. I said if you think there is a big difference between a SS and a LS/LT then you haven't been in a fast car. I also don't assume 650 to the wheels is that much, just more than 99% have experienced.

The SS is quicker than the LS/LT, stock for stock. The ZL1 is quicker and a better overall car than the SS or LS/LT, stock for stock. No one argued that point. That doesn't make it a better car...the point you keep making. Better is in the eye of the beholder, and some have the money (without winning the lottery) and still chose the LS/LT (or SS) over the "better" Camaro. Why? Because the other's weren't that much "better." Some people would rather put a million banks in an investment than buy a little bit faster car. It is even more so when we are talking about $10K...other uses for that money. Something has to explain why ~70% of all 5th Gen Camaros sold had a V6.

In the end, it would be like me saying my Z06 is better than a LS/LT. Sure, it's quicker and cuts a better corner, but I can't fit four people in it and it doesn't go very far on a tank of gas. I have to leave it at home when the temps go below 40 degrees, and the tires are expensive and don't last long. Like I said, they all have their plusses and minuses.
Here is the original post.For those of you that owned a V6 Camaro and then got a V8. How much of a difference is there in power and overall feel? I can explain power. The SS is 1.5 seconds faster than a V6 on average thru a 1/4 mile. It will also have a higher trap speed. The SS will out corner a V6. It will also stops shorter. These are performance matrics that can be measured or proved. This is what was asked. The V8 is better at the question that was posted. Trying to explain how something feels is like trying to describe how something tastes. Instead of asking a question like the one in the original post. Doesn't it make more sense to go out and see what the differences are for yourself instead of posing a question on a forum? Hense my first post. The OP didn't ask about gas mileage. Or how much a set of tires cost. Or if 4 people will fit into it. Or which is a better value. (That's even more subjective than how it feels)Or any of the other points you brought up. The V8 is better at making power. Period! The Zl1 is still better yet. Now getting to the 70% thing that you brought up. It all comes down to money. You know it. I know it. It isn't about what most people want. It's about what they can afford.

PS.
I really hope your not offended or angry. I'm bored at work and this is at least an interesting debate.Cheers.

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 12-01-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:22 AM   #49
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Here is the original post.For those of you that owned a V6 Camaro and then got a V8. How much of a difference is there in power and overall feel? I can explain power. The SS is 1.5 seconds faster than a V6 on average thru a 1/4 mile. It will also have a higher trap speed. The SS will out corner a V6. It will also stops shorter. These are performance matrics that can be measured or proved. This is what was asked. The V8 is better at the question that was posted. Trying to explain how something feels is like trying to describe how something tastes. Instead of asking a question like the one in the original post. Doesn't it make more sense to go out and see what the differences are for yourself instead of posing a question on a forum? Hense my first post. The OP didn't ask about gas mileage. Or how much a set of tires cost. Or if 4 people will fit into it. Or which is a better value. (That's even more subjective than how it feels)Or any of the other points you brought up. The V8 is better at making power. Period! The Zl1 is still better yet. Now getting to the 70% thing that you brought up. It all comes down to money. You know it. I know it. It isn't about what most people want. It's about what they can afford.

PS.
I really hope your not offended or angry. I'm bored at work and this is at least an interesting debate.Cheers.
I'm not easily offended, so no worries there. But, I didn't quote the OP as his question had already been answered. I quoted you because you said...

Quote:
I just wonder why these threads continue to rear their ugly heads. I doubt anyone can truthfully say if money was no object. I'd take the smaller engine or the lower trim. Tree huggers not withstanding.
I specifically replied to the part in red in my reply...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I had two and it wasn't because I couldn't afford more. Unless you are open minded, you probably won't understand how outstanding some modern V6s and turbo 4 bangers really are.
Simply put, I'm not a tree hugger and I took the smaller engine. The V6 isn't "better" than the V8 and more than the reverse is true. They are different. Both have their pros and cons. Just like the LS/LT and SS trims have their plusses and minuses.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:38 AM   #50
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I'm glad Gretchen did his build, taught me not to put 22 PSI of boost in the car. Also found the limits of the transmission which saves me from buying unnecessary stuff.
I'm thankful for Gretchens build too. He has definitely blazed a path as far as modding this 3.6 goes. Sure I'm still learning a lot the hard way but without seeing his build and what they did and how it worked out, I probably wouldn't have went for boost.

Of course the v8 is capable of more than the v6, nobody denies that. But when youre saying the v6 is a trailer and the v8 is a mansion lol then that's probably going to rub some people the wrong way. It's not always about money. I could have afforded an SS. Heck I payed as much if not more for my 2LT/RS with sunroof and Nav (34k msrp) than I would have for a 1SS. I chose the V6 because that's what I wanted and am still loving it to this day. I've had plenty of V8s over the years and I'll be buying a new truck next year that will have a V8. But for this Camaro a TTV6 works out pretty well for me.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:07 PM   #51
idealer

Drives: 2015 2LT Convertible
Quote:
I just wonder why these threads continue to rear their ugly heads. I doubt anyone can truthfully say if money was no object. I'd take the smaller engine or the lower trim. Tree huggers not withstanding.
Could have afforded the SS but did not really care because all I wanted was to replace a 4 banger I beat around. The only reason I even looked at the Camaro was because of the 2016 4 bangers but could not wait since I needed to buy a Car then. The 2016 Altima did not have good reviews and the Consumer report choice was an Impreza which I just could not like. Hence I said, hmm you have rented a Charger before and rented a Camaro Vert before and liked both so buy one of them. Period.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #52
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Hmmmm I just saw this post. Stock for stock I'm going to disagree with you. Stock for stock they are very far apart. There's a reason you pay more for the v8. Does everybody care ? No of course not but please don't act like they are similiar. The v6 is what it is...and so is the v8. People's opinions won't change both car have their own fans and that's ok.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:09 PM   #53
sixtyseven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Hmmmm I just saw this post. Stock for stock I'm going to disagree with you. Stock for stock they are very far apart. There's a reason you pay more for the v8. Does everybody care ? No of course not but please don't act like they are similiar. The v6 is what it is...and so is the v8. People's opinions won't change both car have their own fans and that's ok.
No one said they are similar. Was replying to yacht to raft comment. You just couldn't let this thread die could you..

Last edited by sixtyseven; 12-13-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:56 PM   #54
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
No one said they are similar. Was replying to yacht to raft comment. You just couldn't let this thread die could you..
Now now.......i see what your saying.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:39 PM   #55
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
Ones cheap, better on gas. The other's more expensive, and faster. Pick. Just get a manual, "traffic" isn't bad in a proper transmission.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:32 AM   #56
idealer

Drives: 2015 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueN20Camaro View Post
Ones cheap, better on gas. The other's more expensive, and faster. Pick. Just get a manual, "traffic" isn't bad in a proper transmission.
This statement is not always true. V8 does not always mean more expensive or better performance in its class just as this stats for Stingray and 911 shows.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...e-specs-page-4

Closed Thread