Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-19-2023, 05:08 PM   #1
Redrockit

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS MT
HP Tuner can't write to vehicle

Trying to install new remote tune, for some reason the "write vehicle" tab is greyed out. Anyone experience this? Tried reconnecting, restarting software, etc.
Redrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 05:13 PM   #2
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
You can try to resync the interface
It's under the HELP tab

Last edited by FasNuf; 08-19-2023 at 06:03 PM.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 05:46 PM   #3
ajg85

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS
Always make a backup first! Luckily, the SCTFlash software I used would not let me write until I had saved current tune! I bricked my 5th gen a few times and being able to easily flash back to factory settings or previous tune was definitely needed.

Also with some of them you got to connect cable to laptop and OBDII before you turn on accessory. Obviously you don't want to actually start the engine if you're going to flash but most tuners work better if you connect the software BEFORE turning on the car as they typically hook into the boot routine to know when the init is done, read codes, params, etc.
'02 Red Camaro Z28: "Chimero"
'01 Gold Camaro: "Goldie"
'98 Black Firebird: "Blackhawk"
Yes, I name cars, but they don't seem to mind.
ajg85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 05:48 PM   #4
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
This ^ & make sure you are using the beta version & verify your file is actually open.

Edit: By verifying the file is open I mean the right file is showing on the screen. When I had the original version when I started the VCM editor it would create a new blank file. When I opened my tune file it was not showing. I had to close the new blank file first & then reopen the file I wanted. In the beta version it does not do that.
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.

Last edited by acutron42; 08-21-2023 at 01:53 AM.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 07:48 AM   #5
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Hp tuners is pretty responsive when you email them. I had a similar issue, turns out my AEM O2 gauge that was plugged in series to my OBD2 port was the culprit, even though I had written tune before with it in.
Stupid question but I have to ask-did you did buy credits for it?
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 10:29 AM   #6
Redrockit

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS MT
I figured it out, user error, wasn't opening the correct file. Also, wasn't aware that HP Tuners now needs a credit purchased for the FSCM, bringing the total to 3 credits.
Redrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 08:31 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrockit View Post
I figured it out, user error, wasn't opening the correct file. Also, wasn't aware that HP Tuners now needs a credit purchased for the FSCM, bringing the total to 3 credits.
This was always the case as soon as FSCM support was added.

If you don't want to write your FSCM you can remove it from the file, save as, then open then write the vehicle with only 2 credits.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 07:55 AM   #8
TheBrightSide

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS coupe (MT)
How to delete FSCM? + other tuning/platform question(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
This was always the case as soon as FSCM support was added.

If you don't want to write your FSCM you can remove it from the file, save as, then open then write the vehicle with only 2 credits.

Ted.
How do you delete the FSCM from the current file you are tuning with? I have an MPVI3, and I have a 2010 2SS LS3 coupe. I am starting the basics of learning around HP Tuners, and I ended up getting 3 credits, and realized I wasn't going to use the FSCM unless it was for some more "serious" tuning.

Also, I saved the tune file as is, the first time that I read the car (ECM?). Would that count as a stock file I can revert the car back to, if I needed to bring the car to a licensed Chevrolet dealership for any major work? I did alter that tune and saved the altered one as a separate one, so I assumed that the first (clean) file would be as good as a stock file.

I had the car tuned with a Diablosport inTune i3 8200, but restored the car back to factory, so I also assumed that my car was ready to be tuned with HP Tuners. I believe the new owner that buys my inTune flash tuner, would still have to purchase their own license, to be able to connect to their car's ECM and tune it?
TheBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:24 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
How do you delete the FSCM from the current file you are tuning with? I have an MPVI3, and I have a 2010 2SS LS3 coupe. I am starting the basics of learning around HP Tuners, and I ended up getting 3 credits, and realized I wasn't going to use the FSCM unless it was for some more "serious" tuning.

Also, I saved the tune file as is, the first time that I read the car (ECM?). Would that count as a stock file I can revert the car back to, if I needed to bring the car to a licensed Chevrolet dealership for any major work? I did alter that tune and saved the altered one as a separate one, so I assumed that the first (clean) file would be as good as a stock file.

I had the car tuned with a Diablosport inTune i3 8200, but restored the car back to factory, so I also assumed that my car was ready to be tuned with HP Tuners. I believe the new owner that buys my inTune flash tuner, would still have to purchase their own license, to be able to connect to their car's ECM and tune it?
Edit/calibration details/controllers double click to remove, then save as new name
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 12:09 PM   #10
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Edit/calibration details/controllers double click to remove, then save as new name
Interesting, I didnt know that. I always did a fresh Read and excluded the FSCM controller from the read. Then made my changes, saved, write.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote