Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #29
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Some febreeze will take care of that.
You're a funny guy
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #30
1SSFever

Drives: 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
No ruling from BBB as of yet. Everything is shut down due to storm. GM rep didn't even know he was calling into a disater zone.

My top has been worked on four times replaced once and now has been being repaired due to leak for over three weeks. Did I mention that car has been taking on water... it rained alomst every day this month.

You got the SS minnow there. Maybe it will just float away and save a lot of headache for everyone.

You gonna buy a convertible next time?
1SSFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #31
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SSFever View Post
You got the SS minnow there. Maybe it will just float away and save a lot of headache for everyone.

You gonna buy a convertible next time?
I have about 7 grand in mods... all bought from venders or members here. This development has devestated me. I don;t know if anyone else can relate but I love THIS car, and now it has been ruined!! :(

I should not be penilized cause I PAID FIVE GRAND EXTRA TO HAVE A TOP THAT GOES UP AND DOWN.

To answer your question I don't know. But I do have a low grade 1LE fever.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #32
CAMARU

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/CGM/6M/Black stripes
You now have a flood damaged car and will never be the same. Moisture gets everywhere. All of the electronics will have to be replaced. Demand a brand new car. Even if you have all of the work done to make the car run and smell good again, it will still forever be a flood damaged car. Your resale value is out the window. The dealer doesn't have a leg to stand on. Your car might as well have been in Issac. It's the same thing. Call all the way to Detroit if you have to and keep on screaming until they replace your car. I got my Pontiac Grand Prix painted for free by directly calling Michigan. Give them hell!
CAMARU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:13 AM   #33
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARU View Post
You now have a flood damaged car and will never be the same. Moisture gets everywhere. All of the electronics will have to be replaced. Demand a brand new car. Even if you have all of the work done to make the car run and smell good again, it will still forever be a flood damaged car. Your resale value is out the window. The dealer doesn't have a leg to stand on. Your car might as well have been in Issac. It's the same thing. Call all the way to Detroit if you have to and keep on screaming until they replace your car. I got my Pontiac Grand Prix painted for free by directly calling Michigan. Give them hell!
I asked the service manager why is it "ok" to have the car setting outside taking on water? He said that it was going to get new carpet. I then asked him if he vacuumed the water out the car after he tested to discover the location of the leak, he said absolutely. I asked, Why?! There was silence.

The empty spot is where my car was parked before I discovered it. I was told that it was being moved inside and put on the lift for the storm in case there was a flood.
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2012, 12:23 AM   #34
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
No ruling from BBB as of yet. Everything is shut down due to storm. GM rep didn't even know he was calling into a disater zone.

My top has been worked on four times replaced once and now has been being repaired due to leak for over three weeks. Did I mention that car has been taking on water... it rained alomst every day this month.
The BBB is a joke, its "NOT" a government agency period. All they do is send your complaint to GM, GM responds back to BBB, BBB responds with GM's response to you...... The only way a company gets a low ranking with BBB is if they don't respond to the complaint..

Contact your states Division of Consumer Affairs, start "LEMON LAW" case if applies, try and get local media involvement !
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:23 AM   #35
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
Yeah, your resale value is shot. I would demand a new car.
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:06 AM   #36
tramtwo

Post Guess it is the same for cars...

From here... http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/psa/mold.asp

This is an important message from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. When rain or flood waters get into your building, take steps to prevent mold growth. Clean and dry wet items within 48 to 72 hours. Keep wet areas well-ventilated. Discard wet materials that can’t be repaired. If you see or smell mold, clean it with a solution of 1 cup household liquid bleach per 1 gallon of water.

From here... http://www.cdc.gov/mold/dampness_facts.htm

You do not need to know the type of mold growing in your home, and CDC does not recommend or perform routine sampling for molds. No matter what type of mold is present, you should remove it. Since the effect of mold on people can vary greatly, either because of the amount or type of mold, you can not rely on sampling and culturing to know your health risk.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #37
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
The BBB is a joke, its "NOT" a government agency period. All they do is send your complaint to GM, GM responds back to BBB, BBB responds with GM's response to you...... The only way a company gets a low ranking with BBB is if they don't respond to the complaint..

Contact your states Division of Consumer Affairs, start "LEMON LAW" case if applies, try and get local media involvement !
BBB is not a joke. They do an arbitration program. The ruling is binding to GM but not the customer. Don't like the ruling, file for lemon law if you qualify for that. I don't see how this situation would not turn out in a favorable BBB arbitration for you.

The arbitration program is completely different from their dealings with general complaints. Which is just letters going back and forth. This is a formal dispute resolution process. Years (decades) ago in a settlement with the FTC, GM agreed to implement a 3rd party arbitration program. Remember the metric 200 transmissions? End result.... FTC involvement..... BBB arbitration program implemented as a path to pursue unresolved complaints. If you're getting shafted on car problems that have gone rediculous.... BBB arbitrate it.

I good rep won't let it get that far, they will find a solution that satisfies the customer. Unfortunately some don't act until forced to act.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #38
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Really sorry to hear about your problem - it's dealerships like that which give GM a bad name.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #39
Drives: Red SS

Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #40
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytiger View Post
You're a funny guy
So are you tigger.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #41
tramtwo

Well the car would not have been there in the first place if it were not for a faulty top. Not like the car was brought there for routine oil change. The only people who seemed concerned that has been standing water in this car for 3 weeks are other car people, nobody else seems to get it.

Last edited by tramtwo; 08-31-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #42
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Since I work in Infection Prevention and Control in Healthcare, trust me when I say the only way to get rid of mold is to REMOVE it. Mold only needs food, damp environment and right temperateure to grow and expand. Youre food source would be the seats, top, carpet etc. Plastic, Metal parts would need to be totally cleaned with Bleach. Bleach and a few other Hospital grade chemicals are the only chemicals that will kill mold. Even bleach will not kill all types of mold spores. If you have anyone in family with respiratory problems etc. They would never be able to ride in that car. Basically what I'm saying is the car is a health risk unless it has been completely tore down and cleaned and the FOOD sources have been replaced.

Tags
mold water corrosion