Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-19-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
JB @ C and L Machine

Drives: Ordered 2011
Pfaft springs without sways...Am I missing out?

I 'am going to install my Phaft springs as soon as my car gets here...but will the sways add that must difference to my handling?

Jay
JB @ C and L Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
From everyone I've talked to about this, YES! The sways help stabilize the car and really make it handle better in turns. We are going to to it in the near future.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
Sways make a big difference on these cars. I was happy with the results I saw. Only other parts im adding is trailing arms and toerods and thats because im seeing some nasty traction issues at the moment.
ddavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB @ C and L Machine View Post
I 'am going to install my Phaft springs as soon as my car gets here...but will the sways add that must difference to my handling?

Jay
The springs help handling a lot by lowering the center of gravity, but the sway bars really make the biggest difference in handling.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
The springs help handling a lot by lowering the center of gravity, but the sway bars really make the biggest difference in handling.
You will not believe the difference the sways make.. If I knew how much of a change they would make, sways would have been the first mod made on this car. Do it!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
The sway bars make a big diference. Do the trailing arms at the same time if you can aford to. You will have them out anyway. I did mine after and always kicked myself for having to do it twice.
Trailing arms do make a difference in how straight the car tracks under hard throttle.
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
My first suspension mod was the Pfadt Sport Sway bars - even though its my daily driver and not a track car I notice the difference immediately on curves/NJ's infamous cloverleaf ramps - the front-end stayed level and car feels like it's on rails.

Only regret was that I didn't upgrade to the Pfadt endlinks at the same time, the OE endlinks look fragile compared to their endlink upgrade - I am taking care of that now along with the install of Pfadt's coilovers, rear trailing arms and control arm stiffener/bushings.

So if your budget can afford it I'd recommend doing the endlinks along with the Sport Sway Bar...
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #8
2quick

Drives: none
It will make you love your car even more.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd24 View Post
My first suspension mod was the Pfadt Sport Sway bars - even though its my daily driver and not a track car I notice the difference immediately on curves/NJ's infamous cloverleaf ramps - the front-end stayed level and car feels like it's on rails.

Only regret was that I didn't upgrade to the Pfadt endlinks at the same time, the OE endlinks look fragile compared to their endlink upgrade - I am taking care of that now along with the install of Pfadt's coilovers, rear trailing arms and control arm stiffener/bushings.

So if your budget can afford it I'd recommend doing the endlinks along with the Sport Sway Bar...
That is going to be a really nice set up when it's done.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:35 AM   #10
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
The lower springs and the sway bars would make a big improvement over the stock set up.The springs alone help alot not to mention the look of the car but by adding the sway bars it will be that much better.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #11
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
That is going to be a really nice set up when it's done.
Thanks - install is Thursday @ East Coast Supercharging - Cream Ridge, NJ. I am still considering the Subframe Mountings but needed to segment out the mod expenditures so prioirtized...
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Thanks - install is Thursday @ East Coast Supercharging - Cream Ridge, NJ. I am still considering the Subframe Mountings but needed to segment out the mod expenditures so prioirtized...
East Coast Supercharging seems to really know their stuff. They have done amazing things with the LS engines.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #13
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Tell Chris IPS said hello, oh and you will enjoy the subframe bushings, you can use the throttle to help steer the car much better!

As for the sways they counter act a large amount of understeer the Camaro has from the factory and this is valuable for ride enjoyment. Understeer is miserable and can be uncomfortable while you test your new Camaro.

There is a nice package we offer from Pfadt with the springs and sway bars together for added savings, this is their sport suspension package, PM me if you would like more details on that package.

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote