Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #29
JJKJ

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
It's not just the Camaro wheels that suffer. When I bought my Grand Sport, it came with the $2000 chrome wheel option (didn't really want chrome wheels but the other options and overall price were right). I was shocked to find that the barrels had rough primer as the factory finish. This is on a very open and large wheel where the barrel is highly visible. Looked horrible and was tough to keep clean. I ended up sanding the barrels smooth and painting them.

I guess I should plan to do the same to my 1LE when I get it.

Kinda disappointing but I guess wheel barrels aren't a priority for GM or their wheel manufacturers.

On a related note, the rotor hats on my Grand Sport were just primered as well and looked like turd. What is the finish on the Camaro rotor hats?
JJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #30
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
GM saves $ if they don't have to paint the back of the rims
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #31
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post

The radio is flaky and I would suggest getting it flashed. FWIW chevy needs a little dogging every now and then.
K. I guess I could search but how do you flash it? I saw an option to update it via USB.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #32
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
GM saves $ if they don't have to paint the back of the rims
It's not really the back but the inside barrel, no? At least the photos here show a great time in the inside barrel instead of a black.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #33
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
K. I guess I could search but how do you flash it? I saw an option to update it via USB.
A trip to dealership... explain the symptoms... ask for a reprogram.

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #34
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
I noticed the same thing when I was washing the the rims , parts of the rim were not painted also bothered me , however had to remind myself that it is a Chevy !
I don't care what the Hell brand it is. If I spent $40k on a car, it better be done right! I understand accidents happen, but this is unacceptable and should be brought to the dealer's attention. If you don't care about your hard-earned money, then ignore it I suppose.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:21 AM   #35
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJKJ View Post
It's not just the Camaro wheels that suffer. When I bought my Grand Sport, it came with the $2000 chrome wheel option (didn't really want chrome wheels but the other options and overall price were right). I was shocked to find that the barrels had rough primer as the factory finish. This is on a very open and large wheel where the barrel is highly visible. Looked horrible and was tough to keep clean. I ended up sanding the barrels smooth and painting them.
I'm surprised by this. My C5 has painted barrels, with a gloss finish inside. It isn't the same metallic paint as on the outside, more of a solid gray, but it shines when clean. It's a shame to hear about a drop in quality.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #36
Edge1

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Does anyone have the part number of touchup paint for the 1LE wheels?
Edge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #37
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge1 View Post
Does anyone have the part number of touchup paint for the 1LE wheels?
Search the wheel section in the ZL1 forums, Dupli-Color black NGSF100 seems to be popular, I picked up some from Amazon to touch-up a few very tiny nicks in my wheels... no complaints.

I did ask a dealer - they told me there's no GM part number and that I'd need to talk to a body shop.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #38
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
I just cleaned my wheels front and back this weekend. I didn't notice any paint issues, the matte black paint covers my entire rim inside and out. Maybe I just got a good batch?
Old 04-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #39
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Mine are fine on the outside. But the insides are similar to those above, and the inner lip has no paint at all. While I expect better, it's not really an issue as you can't see it with the wheels on the car.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #40
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Take a look at many silver oe wheels... will have similar issues, but wont be noticed so much due to the color of aluminum.
Oe chrome wheels have the rough paint there for corrosion protection. Thin chrome looks real bad when it corrodes, due to the copper bleeding out.

What bothers me is the paint on the car (beyond the orange peel)...look underneath or deep in engine compartment…not much paint there. I only care about that due to rust concerns. I can easily paint the back of my wheels even if only for looks... the vehicle, not so easy.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote