Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #29
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LS
Does it void any warranty? May be a stupid question but heyy.. worth asking.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #30
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Nice write up. As far as seat of the pants feel I didn't notice any rip roaring HP gains but like the OP I did notice throttle response more. Where I noticed it most was at around the 40 to 50 MPH and I kick it down to pass someone. I have an automatic and it definitely is more noticeable on how much quicker it makes it snap down a couple gears and gets up a goes. I like mine.

Warranty, I don't even think a GM dealership would even notice that you changed it to even void the warranty unless you told them. Mine has been on for about 1500 miles and have had no codes.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #31
Quickstir

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro LS
Send a message via Skype™ to Quickstir
Just installed mine and went for a short test drive. It definitely improved acceleration from a stop. It pretty much removed the infamous "dead spot." Worth every penny
Quickstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #32
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Isnt there a new company here selling a new TB that is putting out more HP than the vmax?
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #33
shrinkdoc

I guaranty that if someone made a complete TB with a throat a few mm bigger than stock we will see even bigger gains. BBk has made a bigger unit for the SS but nothing for the V6. Guess they dont know that Chevy sells more V6s than v8s. Sort of like a small block 327 enthusiast compared to a big block 396 enthusiast in the 60s. A lot more 327s were sold with just as many speedparts available for each engine.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #34
Qtrofablock

Drives: 12 LS M6 All Blk
I want in!!!!
Custom mats by Llyods/ AAC colorshift 2.0 halos ,footwells/ HID/LEDS by AAC/ Aqua interior and trunk/ Black billet upper and lower grilles/ Black billet bowties.MRT V2/Magnaflow X pipe/Rx catch can and oil breather cap/ C.A.I. Intake/Scoop/ww relocater/Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Qtrofablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #35
ryanyoung1768

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Just ordered mine from Apex - I love it when UPS brings me MORE POWWERRRRRR!!!!
ryanyoung1768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #36
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
I guaranty that if someone made a complete TB with a throat a few mm bigger than stock we will see even bigger gains. BBk has made a bigger unit for the SS but nothing for the V6. Guess they dont know that Chevy sells more V6s than v8s. Sort of like a small block 327 enthusiast compared to a big block 396 enthusiast in the 60s. A lot more 327s were sold with just as many speedparts available for each engine.

No real unbiased test has been done on the other companies claims that we have seen, so we would need a few shops not affiliated with either to verify, but having been involved in the development of these from day one 9-10 years ago I will say we have tested against every other and found no equal...and we have hundreds of hours into this (just as I give credit to catchcans we test when they work well....no marketing BS comes from us) so I am not convinced. And hand porters there are only a few worthwhile that no what they are doing.

As for BBK, we and dozens of others have tested and found more HP/TQ gains from the standard size VMax with the scieence of the patteren porting than many with slightly larger and did not make more power, most less.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #37
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Ok I'm saving up for one of these now
bandier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #38
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
www.RevXtreme.com

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #39
NewDivide
NewDivide

Drives: SW '13 1SS/RS & '12 Honda CRV
Mine is in shipping right now, very excited to get it!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #40
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Just put a bunch more out the door... Have LFX, LLT, LS3, LS2 in stock

Few customer reviews from our website...

1. Awesome product and outstanding customer service

Posted by Ryan on 10th Mar 2013
    Great upgrade and great quality. Matt and FSP was great
  2. Better than it seems

Posted by JTR on 8th Mar 2013
    I was a bit skeptical about this since there seems to be so little surface area that would affect air flow. But I'm glad I purchased this. Almost immediately I could feel how smooth acceleration had become, and the hesitation was gone. Definitely a must-have for your LFX!
  3. solid upgrade

Posted by Unknown on 19th Jan 2013
    works great for the lower rpm's mostly under 3k rpm, noticeable difference , seems like the engine works less to get up to speed, there's not a huge huge difference, but then again I wasn't looking for one
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #41
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
No real unbiased test has been done on the other companies claims that we have seen, so we would need a few shops not affiliated with either to verify, but having been involved in the development of these from day one 9-10 years ago I will say we have tested against every other and found no equal...and we have hundreds of hours into this (just as I give credit to catchcans we test when they work well....no marketing BS comes from us) so I am not convinced. And hand porters there are only a few worthwhile that no what they are doing.

As for BBK, we and dozens of others have tested and found more HP/TQ gains from the standard size VMax with the scieence of the patteren porting than many with slightly larger and did not make more power, most less.

Can anymore improvements be made to your Ported TBs that you have not done yet?
Old 04-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #42
Camaro588

Drives: 2012 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDivide View Post
Mine is in shipping right now, very excited to get it!!!
Placed my order with chase a 2 weeks ago and still waiting for it to be shipped, I cant wait for it to get here. I cant stand the wait any longer!http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/smilies/frusty.gif
Camaro588 is offline   Reply With Quote