Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #141
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEENGREENGTP View Post
yea its a local shop here in NW indiana.. me & a buddy just started i wanna say 2 1/2 years ago.. started out with a few sets and its been blowing up since man.. right now we get our wheels from these companys..

Americanracing.com
wheeldg.com
pdkwheels.com
wheelpros.com
I didn't know american racing made wheels that big - nice, something to shop around for while I'm waiting during the next 5-8 months
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #142
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doezzer View Post

There seems to be alot of questions concerning the 1-the dealer installed option pricing 2- GMS/Supplier pricing 3- Dealership Cost versus MSRP and 4- Delivery dates after orders are taken

Well most of these I can shed some light on. I am a current GM employee with Chas H Jenkins as well as spending alot of time with the Camaro itself. I can list a mass of creditials but it would be more of self-promotion than really gettin to the nitty-gritty.
So to the nitty-gritty... ...1- Dealer installed options are not inclusive of the listed MSRP/GMS/Supplier prices and to be more precise a dealer has a outlined cost of (for example) the high wing spoiler. They can add whatever they really want to that cost as well as the labor times. Labor times are broken down through the Service department and thier they are given a base time of say 1.5 hours of labor. Service can then add another .5 labor hours for the high wing spoiler for a total of 2 hours labor. So it can break down like this...High wing Spoiler=300 cost / 450 dealer charge + 100.00 (2 hours labor at 50 per hour) so the dealership made 200 profit on the spoiler. That basic formula applies to all dealer installed accessories.

2- GMS/Supplier pricing v/s MSRP- There will be a extremly select few dealerships that will honor either GMS/Supplier pricing BUT for those that do here is what you should know. IF you are a active Military you DO qualify for supllier price...if you are a collage grad you DO qualify for supllier price, if you work for a company that is contracted to/ affliated with/ loyal to GM (such as NUCore Steel) then you qualify for supllier price.
If you are a GM Employee you do qualify for the GMS Price which goes without saying. In both cases you will have to get your Code for the discount price which most often is retrived online. BUT

3- MSRP is not a defintive set in stone price. For example when the first ZO6 hit the ground they sold on average at 95,000-100,000. The new ZR1 has already been sold at 125,000 and 130,000 and its not even been delivered yet. Dealerships have the ablity and often do increase MSRP with Adendum stickers that reflect current market demand and manufactures supply ratios. What this translates to is to be prepared to see a much higher MSRP v/s actual sellin price. BUT

FEAR NOT for here is a couple suggestions to make a dealership shut the frak up and deal. One get away from big city dealerships...they deal in mass and they know for all your haggling they can sell 8 more to ppl that will be in five min after you ...so most often they never waste the time they just say no go away lol. Smaller dealerships require your buisness and want to set up for repeat customers down the road which in turn gives them alot more flexablity towards a new customer and what they look for. Also go into any dealership prepared...know what the car you want is what the options you want are and do not let them move you from options and the car you want. Also if you want something the dealership does not have and they say they can go get it...KNKOW that they get it at thier cost not yours...otherwise you can go there yourself

And finally 4- Thats up in the air atm so i can not give a more accurate idea of when expected delivers will take place...keep in mind that after they are shipped it can range anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months for the drivers and shipping to reach the unload points.

In any case if anyone has any questions...just post em up or call me at work 252-332-2191 (just ask for Davis)...hell i can even help in ordering em

Old 10-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #143
AH17708
Side Showin

Drives: 96 Impala SS
Ordering Info

Ok so before I go into the dealer Saturday Morning I need to make sure I go in prepared..........what is going to happen when I walk in to "order" my camaro?? Are they going to run my credit and pre qualify me...should I have my deposit ready..what exactly is this ordering all about?? I just want to walk in there knowing what to expect and not look like a dummy
Old 10-15-2008, 11:45 PM   #144
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
hey I have a question for all you people that ordered. I going down to the dealer sunday just to see whats up. I might order, but I am not sure yet. My dad has bought a lot of trucks there from the same guy. Did anyone get under msrp when they ordered? I want either a 1SS or 2SS and I was going to try and see if maybe they could throw in the RS package for free or get some kind of deal.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #145
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
hey I have a question for all you people that ordered. I going down to the dealer sunday just to see whats up. I might order, but I am not sure yet. My dad has bought a lot of trucks there from the same guy. Did anyone get under msrp when they ordered? I want either a 1SS or 2SS and I was going to try and see if maybe they could throw in the RS package for free or get some kind of deal.
No way are they going to give you the RS package for free. You could get under MSRP with some form of GM discount, supplier or employee.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:25 AM   #146
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH17708 View Post
Ok so before I go into the dealer Saturday Morning I need to make sure I go in prepared..........what is going to happen when I walk in to "order" my camaro?? Are they going to run my credit and pre qualify me...should I have my deposit ready..what exactly is this ordering all about?? I just want to walk in there knowing what to expect and not look like a dummy
This is from my experience. I'm sure others may vary.

Go into the dealership having a really good idea of what you want. Down to the specifics. And know your info by reading those ordering workbooks that were uploaded on this website.

Once you go over what you want, they're probably going to want a check. I had to put down $500. Others say $1,000. It's up to the dealership.

Then they will put your pre-order into the system. Of course, this order can change up until it's been submitted for production (Mid-Febuary).

Some questions you might want to ask...

-Do they offer MSRP or lower?
-Would they offer the employee discount or military discount if GM allows them? (if applicable)
-What's they're allocation, and where would you be on that list?

The allocation will give a hint to when you can possible expect your Camaro. If their allocation is 5. Then they will only recieve 5 up till Sept 09. So if you're # 10 on the list, then you might want to just hold onto your money and wait till next year.

I'm sure I missed a few things, but that should get you started. Go into the dealership expecting to know more than they do lol
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:03 AM   #147
Alamo
DyinWaitinInLine4Min

Drives: Volvo V70 XC 2005, 1998 ML 320
Send a message via AIM to Alamo
Has anyone heard about any GMAC financing issues due to the credit crunch? I'm dying to place an order, but I'm wondering what to expect going in...
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:10 AM   #148
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post
Once you go over what you want, they're probably going to want a check. I had to put down $500. Others say $1,000. It's up to the dealership.
Does that money go toward the down payment? I want to put 2-3K down, but will that $500 or $1000 be separate?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:36 AM   #149
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
Does that money go toward the down payment? I want to put 2-3K down, but will that $500 or $1000 be separate?
your deposit will be subtracted from the price of the car. so technically its like paying part of the down payment several months early
Old 10-16-2008, 06:42 AM   #150
cosmin haraga

Drives: AlfaRomeo 147
Talking

hello everyone!
what's in a ground effect package ?
interior trim package? is it the inferno orange interior?
can you get the rs headlights without the exterior stripes? I like single color cars!

And I'll be getting a 2lt manual
cosmin haraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:30 AM   #151
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmin haraga View Post
hello everyone!
what's in a ground effect package ?
interior trim package? is it the inferno orange interior?
can you get the rs headlights without the exterior stripes? I like single color cars!

And I'll be getting a 2lt manual

Stripes are totally seperate from the RS Package. I prefer the uncluttered look of single color vehicles as well.

Ground Effects are, usually, the lower front fascia attachment, side skirts and a lower rear fascia attachment (in the case of the Camaro they are calling it a 'Rear Diffusor' since it changes the lower section of the rear bumper completely).

Someone else can answer the Interior Trim and Inferno Orange Packages better than I can since they not ones I'm interested in.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:30 AM   #152
Jeff_ChevyFan

Drives: 05 Chevy Venture
Sorry if this has been brought up. Can anyone explain to me why it is $1635 more for the 1LT over the LS? All you get is foglamps & the option to pay even more for the other packages (ie RS, Bluetooth). Is there any other standard features that I missed from the chart?

This is what I am looking at:

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/pdf/...maro+Order.pdf
Jeff_ChevyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #153
Doezzer

Drives: 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Ok let me go through the list. 1- What to expect 2-difference in GMS/Supplier discounts 3- down payment versus Deposit on order

1-what to expect is basicly 2 different aspects...one being the dealership may want to to know how serious you are which they may ask for a deposit (which i will reference in a moment) or a credit check to verify ablity to buy. IF they do a credit check it will allow you a couple different things to know before hand...one what interest rate you qualify for...DO your homework on that b/c they will tell you that qualify for 6.75 % interest when you can get as low at 5.5%...also it will allow you to see about where your over all monthly payments will be from interest. Now i say IF b/c you do have the choice of NOT running credit. This is not the end of being able to get a Camaro...in fact it just means that you may want to go to another dealership or use the cash deposit option.

3- Deposits come into play in 2 forms...one being a stright deposit which can be applied to the car as down payment. For example say you want a 2SS Camaro with VZN, VZG, VYV, and 5V5 which at MSRP plus tax title tags and Doc fees will run around 37,872. You put down a 10,000 deposit that is also to be applied to the monster at time of delivery. Which translates to Financing 27,872.00. Now if you decide to make more of a down payment after that it will be added to the 10k you already put down...for exaple the day of delivery you decide you only want to finiance 25,000 so you then add 2,872 to the down payment.
The second form is a basic deposit that is to be returned at the time of delivery. While seemingly stright forward make sure to understand the terms completly. In other words make damn sure its a refunable deposit. For example say you order your Camaro and put 10,000 deposit down. That deposit is then held in escrow until you complet your purchase. If that deposit is held and you do not complet your side of the terms then it can and will be kept. Say you are ment to take delivery on march 16th but you arrive on March 17th and take delivery...bye bye 10 Gs. Deposits can be complicated if the dealership makes it so...if the deposit comes across as to complicated or you just dont feel comfortable with the terms then walk out ...ITS YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY be it 500 dollars or 50,000. DO NOT let any one dictate what you choose to do with it.
A good dealership will be up front with how they handle deposits and what they are doing for Camaro enthusist, before you tell them how much of a deposit you are thinking of putting down.

2-GMS pricing versus Supplier price--GMS price are usally below invoice by a certian percent of the total invoice, lets say 4% on average b/c it varies so much, discount from invoice. Where this shows the highest difference is in the more expensive cars/trucks. Supplier price is invoice plus 200.00-500.00 depending. Many ppl qualify for Supplier price but dealerships DO NOT have to disclose if the purchaser does. It is basicly the responsablity of the purchaser to know.

Hope this helps

Old 10-16-2008, 11:36 AM   #154
TT C6
Banned

Drives: C6, 96 383ci Z28 hardtop
Sorry guys, at $31,000 and nearly 4000lbs, I can't see why any performance person would buy a Camaro SS over a no option Corvette or a used C6/C5.

Call me crazy, but for $31,000, I wanted the supercharged LSA engine from the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V.
TT C6 is offline   Reply With Quote