Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
ALL NEW - CAMARO DUAL PASS HEAT EXCHANGER W/ FANS!!!!

As we've seen from our testing with other vehicles, such as the GT500 and initial testing on the Camaro, the dual fan heat exchanger has become a very popular unit. Continuous air across the fins of the heat exchanger help in lowering inlet air temps. This will also prevent you from losing power due to heat soak. The addition of (2) 10" Spal fans along with a larger core means business. This will be the largest heat exchanger for the 2010+ Camaro.

For Magnacharger, KB & E-Force owners we relocate the inter cooler pump away from any heat in the engine bay (this is a huge problem with the Maggies more than anything else) and include mounting brackets for easy installation.

We expect to have them available with some more track data in 2-3 weeks but initial testing has seen as much as a 15* drop in IAT's.

The best thing about the unit it that it's competitively priced but we are offering a PRE ORDER SPECIAL! You can pre-order this unit directly on our website or via phone.

When dealing with Roots or Twin Screw Superchargers there's always the issue of intake temps. When running the car hard and spinning the blower fast you create heat. Heat equals a loss in power as well as the possibility of damage to the engine. One way to help reduce these intake temps and the risk of damage is to add more fluid into the intercooler system which in turn helps lower intake temps by disiapating heat.

Whether it be on the street or at the track the warmer the car runs the more timing gets pulled. In addition to that an excessive amount of heat known as heat soak starts to take place. This keeps the car down on power and running less efficient. This again can be helped by adding more fluid into the cooling system. The temperature of the intercooler fluid will lower and cool down faster in between runs.

Here is a rundown of the heat exchanger

Core Size
10.2" tall x 22.46" wide x 2" thick.

Height:
11.4"

Width:
26"

Thickness:
2.0"

Front Face Area
202 sq. in. (50% increase)

Overall Surface Area:
1616 sq. in

Fan Type:
Here's some of the features of the Heat Exchanger for the Camaro SS and soon to be ZL1:

* Fits Camaro SS and ZL1
* High efficient double pass design vs. ZL1 single pass
* Quicker cool down times in between runs at the track
* Helps prevent heat soak and detonation due to increased intake temps
* Simple do-it-yourself bolt on installation
* Furnace brazed core (no epoxies) with beautifully tig welded tank construction
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
PM me a price
Old 08-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
PM me
Thanks Andrew!!!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
PM's sent!
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Ditto -- PM here as well....

I'm honestly not sure how much my car suffers from this... but, it has regularly been getting in to the 100s here even in Chicago.. which is just plain crazy..

I notice the car feels slower once it's fully warmed up and driving around and then when it's hot it feels even slower --- though, I don't know for sure if it's my h/e doing it or not.. I don't have the software to really read the IATs and such.

But, depending on the $$$ it couldn't hurt -- especially if I end up forging the internals and doing OD cogs at some point.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Could you pm me a price as well please. Thanks!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Need a PM on price please.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
JM10
Se habla español

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS VR
Pm price please
DSS Aluminum Shaft
RPM Diff / 3.91 Gears
LPE ZR1 Clutch
Edelbrock E-Force SC / JRE Fuel Upgrade
Livernois 1C cam 570 rwhp/559 rwtq SAE
Best 1/4 time: 11.43
JM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #9
Meister@Torq

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Ditto -- PM here as well....

I'm honestly not sure how much my car suffers from this... but, it has regularly been getting in to the 100s here even in Chicago.. which is just plain crazy..

I notice the car feels slower once it's fully warmed up and driving around and then when it's hot it feels even slower --- though, I don't know for sure if it's my h/e doing it or not.. I don't have the software to really read the IATs and such.

But, depending on the $$$ it couldn't hurt -- especially if I end up forging the internals and doing OD cogs at some point.
This is one of the best modifications you can do to eliminate heat soak. We also have our big ice tanks, which will be available in a week or so. PCM is pulling timing above 125-135 (depending on how your tuner set this up), which can knock off 20+rwhp

This unit is massive compared to any unit on the market (KB, Maggie, Whipple, etc)
Old 08-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #10
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
This is one of the best modifications you can do to eliminate heat soak. We also have our big ice tanks, which will be available in a week or so. PCM is pulling timing above 125-135 (depending on how your tuner set this up), which can knock off 20+rwhp

This unit is massive compared to any unit on the market (KB, Maggie, Whipple, etc)
I'd have to ask them about that.. I honestly don't know.. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but the computer stuff I don't even bother touching... I'm an IT guy in life, but I've got enough pain in the backside systems around the globe I have to deal with all day -- I don't want to deal with the one in my car at home.. heh.

I wouldn't do the ice thing unless I was serious about being at the track all the time.. I'm about 99% street and 1% track at the moment and, unless you've got some magic ice that never melts, it wouldn't be worth it for me..
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #11
Meister@Torq

PM's sent!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #12
Meister@Torq

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I'd have to ask them about that.. I honestly don't know.. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but the computer stuff I don't even bother touching... I'm an IT guy in life, but I've got enough pain in the backside systems around the globe I have to deal with all day -- I don't want to deal with the one in my car at home.. heh.

I wouldn't do the ice thing unless I was serious about being at the track all the time.. I'm about 99% street and 1% track at the moment and, unless you've got some magic ice that never melts, it wouldn't be worth it for me..
Even if you do not plan on running any ice the larger capacity will be a huge improvement
Old 08-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #13
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
PM me please
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #14
Meister@Torq

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
PM me please
Sent