Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Just Ordered - Odd Feeling

Hi, new to posting on the forums here... but I've been lurking for a few weeks... trying to read a lot of posts before posting. I hate to be "that guy" who gets flamed for not using search, etc. Anyway...

I just ordered my 2SS Camaro yesterday from a dealer in MA. Now, I had asked the dealer how many cars he had left unallotted, and was told he was initially given 10, and then another 5 slots had been given to him a few weeks ago. He had 2 slots left.

What does that mean?

-------

He then said, he believes delivery for the first 15 slots that he was given are to be starting May 5th, and with my car possibly showing up within 6-8 weeks.

Contrary to a lot of posts I've read on here, people have been saying that if you ordered after March you wont be receiving your vehicle until the late fall. I just am curious how full of it my dealer is.

-------

How can I tell when my dealer submits my order? I put a refundable deposit down, and had my credit ran. I also hand picked everything I wanted on the car, and he told me it would be ordered.

Should I be expecting an email or something from him when it's submitted?

Thanks!
--
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
First of all, welcome to the site and congratulations on the order! Fortunately or unfortunately, you have to rely on your dealer and trust in what they are telling you. They are really the only one who knows what they were alloted and where they are in terms of what has been pulled and what hasn't. There is a VIN thread (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15776) that has a ton of great information in it, including what cars have been "processed" for what dealers.

When you will specifically get your car or when your order will be submitted is likely not something that anyone on here can answer. Again, stay in close contact with your dealer. They are your best friend here. I think it is fair to say that production is going faster than expected and people who were thinking they might not see their pre-ordered car until the end of Q3 will likely see it sooner.

Finally as I said earlier, stay in contact with your dealer. They should be your best friend through this process. Contact them regularly (don't be a pain though). Ask them for a copy of your Workbench order sheet and ask them to update you when your status changes. That will be your best bet.

I hope this helps.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I think dealers get more than one allotmant per year. The first allotmant of 10 was probably the first allotment. Maybe the 5 are for the second batch allotments.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
My dealer also was given more allotments. Allotments are given to a dealer based on volume of Sales. But I think that the factory is running ahead of schedule a bit and they upped the amount of 2010 Camaro's all the dealers can get. My dealer keeps telling me, July and I ordered mine back in March on the 17th. Once the order gets accepted by GM and you have been pulled to be built it will them take 6 - 8 weeks. So until you have a Build date, do not get to excited. From the Build Date you are probably 4 - 8 weeks away.

I have a feeling that they are going to churn them out as fast as possible to show better earnings in the next few quarters.

GO GM....>CRANK EM OUT!!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
zzz28zzz

Drives: 2010 Chev Camaro 2SS/RS VR -
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

I think a late July delivery is in your future.
Absolutely based on nothing!!! But it is time
for them to be on the street!!
zzz28zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
Verio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
My dealer also was given more allotments. Allotments are given to a dealer based on volume of Sales. But I think that the factory is running ahead of schedule a bit and they upped the amount of 2010 Camaro's all the dealers can get. My dealer keeps telling me, July and I ordered mine back in March on the 17th. Once the order gets accepted by GM and you have been pulled to be built it will them take 6 - 8 weeks. So until you have a Build date, do not get to excited. From the Build Date you are probably 4 - 8 weeks away.

I have a feeling that they are going to churn them out as fast as possible to show better earnings in the next few quarters.

GO GM....>CRANK EM OUT!!
Maybe I should take a break from this website... because everytime I look at another post, it makes me more anxious. Plus the fact I was ready yesterday to drive my Passat in to a wall. I hate VW.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #7
Verio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz28zzz View Post
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

I think a late July delivery is in your future.
Absolutely based on nothing!!! But it is time
for them to be on the street!!
As long as I get to use it before the end of Summer!!!