Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #29
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
so no adjustments are needed when changing the dampening level. Only when changing ride height. right?

Just self re-assurance.
You are correct. Now if you change your focus say from hd drag to hd road race, or want to change the focus of a combo street/ and one of the track, that would be different .

If you need help or advise with this, just ask.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #30
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Say if i wanted to put coilovers in, do these put more strain on the factory mounts and suspension points? Buy putting in coil overs do you decrease reliability in some parts? Im looking to increase handling (i am already going to do the rear subframe bushings), but i dont want to lose ride quality. I have no plans to take my car to a race track and the car sits low enough, so not looking for drop springs.

Should i be looking into bushings and sways or bushings and coilovers? I plan on keeping this car for a very long time.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #31
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
Say if i wanted to put coilovers in, do these put more strain on the factory mounts and suspension points? Buy putting in coil overs do you decrease reliability in some parts? Im looking to increase handling (i am already going to do the rear subframe bushings), but i dont want to lose ride quality. I have no plans to take my car to a race track and the car sits low enough, so not looking for drop springs.

Should i be looking into bushings and sways or bushings and coilovers? I plan on keeping this car for a very long time.
The only issue that we have seen is a lot more deflection in the rear upper strut bushing. 99% of the time there is no issue with this. But for that 1% we have a 30 second fix for.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote