Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-14-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
SB09

Drives: 2012 SS/RS M6 AGM
How about Horse vs. Camaro?

So, I've seen deer vs. Camaro. Turkey vs. Camaro. Thinking this may be the fist Horse vs. Camaro.... Unfortunately the Camaro is mine that tested this type collision.

So, Friday I was headed to my ranch. I routinely take the Camaro hunting, but with the chance of rain I decided to swap for my Dad's truck so I didn't end up stuck at deer camp without 4 wheel drive.

I am about an hour into my drive when my phone rings with my Dad asking how to turn on the A/C in this space ship. No big deal, I explain how everything works. Not 5 minutes later it's my Dad calling again. He has news that he just hit a horse that got loose from someone's pasture in my car. There was a witness, a police report, and the homeowner was very willing to give us their homeowners insurance information to possibly get the damage fixed that way. It doesn't sound like the person's insurance will do anything about it since they didn't have livestock insured on their policy. Go figure! So, I am going to get an estimate done today. The homeowner has said they will pay the costs out of pocket if for some reason the homeowners insurance wouldn't take care of it. We will see how that goes, I will be contacting their insurance this morning. Most importantly, here's the pictures of the aftermath.

Horse is okay, since my Dad had slowed down (to about 20mph from what he said)and was watching the 8 horses on the left side of the road. Problem is he didn't see the 9th one still in the pasture on the right side. I guess the horse got scared and tried to make it to his friends on the left side of the roadway, at the worst time possible. Look's like new bumper, hood, and side panel for sure. I'm wondering what the damage looks like behind the bumper. We shall see today. I guess the good news is the car drives fine from what I can tell.

Last edited by SB09; 10-14-2013 at 06:54 AM.
SB09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
Atleast here in Minnesota if any animal is out and not on a leash or in control the animal owner is responsible.

i would say it looks like the damage was kept to a minimal. i had a friend who did the same thing here and the horse went right on top of his s-10. when all said and done it looked like the rolled the truck.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #3
SB09

Quote:
Originally Posted by baum View Post
Atleast here in Minnesota if any animal is out and not on a leash or in control the animal owner is responsible.

i would say it looks like the damage was kept to a minimal. i had a friend who did the same thing here and the horse went right on top of his s-10. when all said and done it looked like the rolled the truck.
Same here in Texas too. I just don't really want to drive the car around while a lawsuit is pending, should the horse owner not pay, or the homeowner's insurance.

When he told me what and where. I immediately thought there would be pillar, windshield, and roof damage. The speed limit on that road is 55mph. Had he of been going full speed, thing wouldn't have turned so out well for the horse, dad, or the car.

Bright side is I get to really take a look at a ZL1 front end, and some aftermarket hoods.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
So sorry. Glad the damage is not worse, your dad is not hurt & the horse is okay too. Hope it is repaired good as new very soon & without too much drama.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
Ambush
Rawr!

Drives: Giulia Quadrifoglio, C8 Stingray
sorry about the accident. wow, you'll never see that in new jersey lol.

Retired:
2018 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
2014 Crystal Red Camaro RS
Ambush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
Ksmoke

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT/RS
I guess here's a first time for everything. Hopefully the repairs won't be to bad.
Ksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Is that horse poo on your front plate?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
SB09

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Is that horse poo on your front plate?
Yes, just a little bit. I'm going to get the cost to clean it off put into my estimate for the insurance company.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
You frequently take the Camaro hunting? Ok, you shoot a nice buck and do what with it...strap it to the hood? Good luck with the fix.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #10
SB09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
You frequently take the Camaro hunting? Ok, you shoot a nice buck and do what with it...strap it to the hood? Good luck with the fix.
We have a ranch vehicle(Jeep) that can be used to transport dead deer to the processor.

Official total to repair came in at $3,127.79. Next up is calling the homeowner's insurance with the news.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
SB09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
Dad took getting more horsepower to a whole new level. Glad everyone and the horse is ok
That's great. I am going to use that.