Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #239
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08
Now that we know about the paddle shifters, what is this thing on the windshield???

Posted by: fastball on 9/22/08 at:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ers#post135817

That is the sensor for the Rainsense wiper system!

Yes, I'm about 99.99% sure it is because my Mom's 2007 Lucerne has the same exact contraption next to the rear view mirror and it looks exactly like that. When she brought the car home she told me to get a cup of water in the house and pour it right where the rear view mirror is hanging..... I did and the wipers turned on by themselves! (she was not in the car, just left the accessory running)

So, I'm going to think you can get Rainsense and heated wiper fluid as options on the Camaro.

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #240
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
the camaro has Remote start, and no push button start
But the remote start is only for autos...push button start would be much cooler....maybe in the 2nd model year.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #241
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
Thanks whoever posted a picture of all the OEM wheels. I've been searching all over for a look at the LS steelies. Pretty gnarly. Kind of reminds me of deluxe GT wheels, but I think those are aluminum. I liked the ones they had on the black pre-pre pro that all the rags drove with the phony headlights, I think they are the 18 aluminum ones. They sing an IROC tune to me, and I'm going to very happy with my 1LT I think. I still wish I could order leather seats and ambient lighting separately though.
fierodeletre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #242
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Rain-sensing wipers? That's yet another gadget the manufacturers are putting on cars that I don't want. It's just something else to break or malfunction within a few years. I can turn on wipers myself.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #243
Eighty-Six Z
2G1FK1EJ0A9109635

Drives: '10 CGM Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm96z28 View Post
Rain-sensing wipers? That's yet another gadget the manufacturers are putting on cars that I don't want. It's just something else to break or malfunction within a few years. I can turn on wipers myself.
I'd be willing to bet that it has a manual override, where you can switch it on or off. They wouldn't make it totally automatic.
Eighty-Six Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #244
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
you can turn it on your self if you want.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #245
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighty-Six Z View Post
I'd be willing to bet that it has a manual override, where you can switch it on or off. They wouldn't make it totally automatic.

Yes. There is an override in the DIC menu. As well as an override for the heated wiper fluid function (which comes with the Rainsense system)

My bet is that rainsense will be standard on LT2 and SS2. If auto dimming mirrors and heated leather seats are, so will rainsense and heated fluid.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #246
John FInley

Drives: 2004 Kia Spectra
I thought GM dropped the heated washer fluid option from every GM vehicle a week ago?
John FInley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #247
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by John FInley View Post
I thought GM dropped the heated washer fluid option from every GM vehicle a week ago?

They actually recalled the first generation design of it (my Mom's Lucerne included - she got her recall notice 2 weeks ago).

But they never announced they were going to quit making the system.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:50 PM   #248
MEENGREENGTP
FLAWLESS PRODUCTIONS LLC.

Drives: Grand Prix GTP Comp G
just out of curiosity.. i want 2SS/RS, i got my heart and wallet set on it...but im just really curious on what the 18" steel wheels look like for the LS.. almost scared to see'em.. do they look like cheap stamped 5 spokes with a center cap or what? it'd be kinda cool if they looked like old school ralleyes with those style centercaps.. hell yeah..

HUD isnt all its cracked up to be.. after a while u forget its there.. i have one in the gtp, who cares.. im getting this thing NOW. im done waiting

Last edited by MEENGREENGTP; 10-05-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: forgot something
MEENGREENGTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:05 PM   #249
Tal

Drives: Old
You can find pics of the steel wheels here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7305

Personally for base Camaro wheels I think they fit the bill nicely.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:34 PM   #250
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEENGREENGTP View Post
just out of curiosity.. i want 2SS/RS, i got my heart and wallet set on it...but im just really curious on what the 18" steel wheels look like for the LS.. almost scared to see'em.. do they look like cheap stamped 5 spokes with a center cap or what? it'd be kinda cool if they looked like old school ralleyes with those style centercaps.. hell yeah..
congratulations you have the most individuals lines of text in any person's signature ever.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:07 PM   #251
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Yes. There is an override in the DIC menu. As well as an override for the heated wiper fluid function (which comes with the Rainsense system)

My bet is that rainsense will be standard on LT2 and SS2. If auto dimming mirrors and heated leather seats are, so will rainsense and heated fluid.

I love the idea of heated wiper fluid. It only take me between 5 and 10 minutes to get to work, so I tend to leave the house with JUST enough time. Some days I go out during the winter and there's frost on the windshield that I have to either scrape or wait for the car to warm up some and melt it. Using unheated wiper fluid only makes it worse. I seriously hope it does have heated fluid.

I'd use my remote start mostly, but on those days I forget, or don't realize there's frost, the heated fluid will save me from being late. LOL
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #252
MEENGREENGTP
FLAWLESS PRODUCTIONS LLC.

Drives: Grand Prix GTP Comp G
hell yea, ain't nuthin' wrong with that.

HUD isnt all its cracked up to be.. after a while u forget its there.. i have one in the gtp, who cares.. im getting this thing NOW. im done waiting
MEENGREENGTP is offline   Reply With Quote