Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-21-2010, 07:34 AM   #127
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Have you guys experienced clunking when backing out out of the driveway? its happened to me about 5 times now, Ill start backing out, turn the wheel and CLUNK
thats when i hear it too

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #128
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Hmm, I have plans to lower my car within the next few weeks, do you guys think that will affect the warranty status on whatever needs to be replaced?

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #129
kencarguy
kencarguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS- Inferno Orange w/Black
I can now add a Transmission problem to the front end noise in my car! Over the past week or so, shifting has gotten very stiff and difficulot... to the point that it seemed like the clutch was not disengagind from the flywheel when I pushed on the pedal. I limped into my dealer today to find out there IS a TSB on this problem, and it involves pulling the trans and looking to see if the bolts are backing out of the clutch.....

I drove back to work since they encouraged me to bring the car in at the beginning of next week. When it took me five minutes to get the thing into reverse after work, I called and immediately drove it over to the dealer for them to resolve. ALl the way there, it was a struggle to get the car in gear whewn I stopped, and to shift up /down. This is a new problem......... I hope the fix recommended in the TSB takes care of it.

Thanks!
Ken
kencarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #130
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Hmm, I have plans to lower my car within the next few weeks, do you guys think that will affect the warranty status on whatever needs to be replaced?
Depends on what they ultimately find or do. You should get it documented with your dealer before anything is done

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #131
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
Oh boy now i have to go see if my car does it. This happen only when you're going over speed bump?
Old 04-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #132
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoone123 View Post
Oh boy now i have to go see if my car does it. This happen only when you're going over speed bump?
mine does it when i back out of the driveway turning the wheel to the right

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #133
bluedevil02

Drives: 2LT/RS
i also have the same damn noise...but mine started when i dropped it on an eibach pro-kit...make creaks and weird noise....esp on the passenger side while turning or with a passenger in the car..i even have them uninstalled and reinstalled on the fronts...and still no luck everything is on right and tight...
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:05 PM   #134
Draak

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT-RS
So, I have noticed that we're having the same problem too. I heard a light rattle as we were bringing the car home and it was mostly on the left, but now it's on both sides and equally as noisy. The sound is a hollow, down-low clunking rattle that is definitely coming from the front end.

This rattle really is annoying, and when I took a buddy of mine for a ride in the car, he even asked about it, telling me I should take it in and get it looked at. The interesting thing about this is that I might be more sensative to this noise because the Dodge Magnum we traded in for this Camaro was making exactly the same sound in loudness and audio-frequency while going over small bumps.

When I took the Magnum in, they found that both of the main rubber bushings on the lower strut-arms were cracked and torn, but they only saw it after they put it on their alignment rack and there was pressure on the wheels, instead of hanging down like on a normal lift.

I'm not saying that this is the same problem with our Camaro, but perhaps more than just the upper strut bushing needs to be looked at. A car of this caliber with such few miles shouldn't be rattling over small bumps, sounding like my dad's 1972 Ford Torino wagon with clapped-out bushings...

2LT/RS with 2800 miles. 99% of them, highway miles.
Draak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #135
kencarguy
kencarguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS- Inferno Orange w/Black
My car makes the sound equally on both sides on any bump or dip ( Like pot holes).

ALso note- If you have a 3.6 6-sp manual trans... and it is hard to get into gear there is a TSB on that- released last week. I had it get really bad last week, and took it in. I had all the symptoms. Today they called to tell me they were replacing the clutch and pressure plate along with the bolts ( which had been working their way out...).

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I guess now we just have to wait for GMto come up with a "fix" for the froont end noise problem.

Ken
kencarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #136
jnm2003

Drives: O2 GMC & 2010 camaro SS IBM 6M
my SS is in the shop right now for new clutch and pressure plate

2010 camaro SS/RS Manual IBM.
NEW TIME 12.24 @ 114 mph. -[B] street tires, Hurst short throw, Halltech yellow jacket intake, AR long tube 1 7/8 headers, and a tune.
12.82 @ 110 MPH 1.92 60ft ALMOST Bone Stock ONLY MOD IS Borla mufflers.
jnm2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #137
bluedevil02

Drives: 2LT/RS
found this quite interesting....when pfadt posted this...but i may even consider changing this part out as a solution unless GM puts out a TSB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Hello all!

It has surfaced recently that there has been an upper spring isolator change for the Camaro, by General Motors. Quite frankly, we didn't see this as a big deal when we heard about it, hence why we never addressed it on the forums like other manufacturers have. We thought everyone had done enough engineering development to have this not be an issue. We just want to let everyone know, that our Pfadt Drop Springs, Coilovers, whatever...has no problem fitting with this recent spring isolator change from GM. Other companies are scampering to get some product revision to the market that accommodates this new part from GM. This means you will need to let them know what year car you have, take off your wheel and see what color isolator you have...makes NO difference to us at all! We just want to know if you have a Camaro!

Bottom line: Pfadt Racing has you covered. All of our springs/coilovers are unaffected by this change. Take a look at the pics below.

New isolator on left, old one on the right

Our Existing Drop Springs Fit Just fine with the new GM part

And, obviously since we discard any isolator in our coilover installation procedure, our coilovers still will work just fine. Our upper spring mount fits on the OEM strut top, which does not change.

bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #138
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #139
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
From the guys at Pfadt:

"Thats an excellent question. Thank you for pointing me to that thread. This could very well be the reason for the change! I can't confirm for sure, as we can't verify any noise difference between the old and new parts on a stock setup anymore due to our car being heavily modified with our own products on it. If you are looking for a solution to clunking on your front end, it may be a good idea to call your local dealer and get the new parts. The part number that was sent to us 20859337. Not sure as to the cost. BUT with that said, the dealer also informed us that the spring changed, presumably to the OEM Buick Lacrosse spring (just a hunch). So, depending on what springs you have, they may/may not fit to begin with. If you have our springs, they WILL fit for sure. "

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79323

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #140
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Any new info?

My car is at the dealer right now and we could not reproduce the noise, theyre going to lift it and make sure everything is in order, I told them that there are others having this problem and referred to the forum but, it seems like it was taken with a grain of salt

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote