Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #211
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
The new HPFP seems to be working. We just ran into an issue with the MAF being maxed out. Hopefully tomorrow Rhino and Vince can get it retuned for the new intake tube and solve that. We aren't going to be able to go much higher than 450 RWHP or so (on an auto) with just pump gas because of the compression ratio. However, with meth/water we should be able to get back up to 500 RWHP pretty easily. You guys running 100% meth maybe can go higher, and the manual cars will get 500 RWHP easy with the new pump.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #212
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
I'm waiting on the new pump tune to run it on my M6 with the 100% meth to see what I get.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #213
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
The new HPFP seems to be working. We just ran into an issue with the MAF being maxed out. Hopefully tomorrow Rhino and Vince can get it retuned for the new intake tube and solve that. We aren't going to be able to go much higher than 450 RWHP or so (on an auto) with just pump gas because of the compression ratio. However, with meth/water we should be able to get back up to 500 RWHP pretty easily. You guys running 100% meth maybe can go higher, and the manual cars will get 500 RWHP easy with the new pump.
You're speaking of course about turbo setups and not SC setups correct?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #214
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Ok well those of us who still have a Camaro Refer to the aftermarket fuel pump as the HPFP. That's why I was confused.
Well, i may no longer have a Camaro... BUT I STILL have a HPFP!!! The EcoBoost is DI too!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #215
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
You're speaking of course about turbo setups and not SC setups correct?
You guys will probably not make the power the turbos do down low, but at peak I think you will get close. With the right setup (pulley, intake tube, fuel supply, heads/cams) I wouldn't be suprised to see one of you guys pushing 450+ RWHP, too. I just don't think your torque curve will be as broad and flat as the turbos will do. Look at Baylor, his tune is not quite right and he's in the upper 300's now. Throw some extra fuel at it, get the tune lined out and he's going to break 400 for sure.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #216
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You guys will probably not make the power the turbos do down low, but at peak I think you will get close. With the right setup (pulley, intake tube, fuel supply, heads/cams) I wouldn't be suprised to see one of you guys pushing 450+ RWHP, too. I just don't think your torque curve will be as broad and flat as the turbos will do. Look at Baylor, his tune is not quite right and he's in the upper 300's now. Throw some extra fuel at it, get the tune lined out and he's going to break 400 for sure.

Baylor's tune is so far off in 3rd gear it's hard to say just where his HP is at...

Ok... time for some ricer math! LOL

He went 13.7 but based on his 1/8th ET, if 3rd gear were straightened out, his ET would be about 13.5ish... Then correct for the DA, and you come up with say a 13 flat... I guessed on the weight but plugging a 13 flat in to an HP calculator comes up with just over 300 RWHP. I plugged my number into this calculator and it comes out pretty close to what my dyno numbers were for the Flex...

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/Phil/bg/

Now, these are just wild guesstimates... Hopefully Vince gets Baylor all squared away and Baylor can get some good passes in!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #217
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
So Vince just emailed me and in his email he said that the hpfp isn't a tuning issue and thinks it isn't compatible with the bosh ecu. This doesn't make sense to me because I thought gretchen or can't c me (one of the two) was running it now...
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #218
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Well that isn't good news :(
Old 07-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #219
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

To clarify now that we've gone back and forth in more emails, he DID tune the new fuel pump however he isn't convinced that it is actually fully working as intended. "Only time will tell" was his response to that. So for those of us with a supercharger set up I feel we have two options. Run the stock pulley (I think the pump keeps up fine with that) OR pray that the hpfp actually works.. Man you turbo guys have it easy when it comes to having to adjust your boost....
Old 07-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #220
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
To clarify now that we've gone back and forth in more emails, he DID tune the new fuel pump however he isn't convinced that it is actually fully working as intended. "Only time will tell" was his response to that. So for those of us with a supercharger set up I feel we have two options. Run the stock pulley (I think the pump keeps up fine with that) OR pray that the hpfp actually works.. Man you turbo guys have it easy when it comes to having to adjust your boost....
Old 07-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #221
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Quote:
Or option 3,someone get their car to Tracy at RX so he can figure out what its going to take to get the od pulley to work.I think everything is in line,my car is heading back to RX this weekend to Tracy.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #222
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
Or option 3,someone get their car to Tracy at RX so he can figure out what its going to take to get the od pulley to work.I think everything is in line,my car is heading back to RX this weekend to Tracy.
I was going to make a trip next week to the shop also. But have to wait until next month most likely.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #223
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Here's your solution.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...l/viewall.html
Old 07-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #224
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Good find Gretchen I might have to look into that. However I can't help but think that going to a slightly less powerful pulley will be easier.