Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #113
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post
Here is one of my favorite breakfasts and everyone that tastes it loves it.

-Cook 2 1/2 pounds of ground turkey (Size I can get at Sam's Club) like hamburger meat and drain.
-Add 1 whole bunch of celery chopped up
-Add 6-8 Red potatoes chopped up
-Add 1 1/2 cup of chopped carrot
-Add Cyan Pepper to tast
-Add 1 carton of egg beaters / whites that were scrambled separately

Cook on low on stove until the celery is tender mixing periodically.

Portion it with 1 1/2 cup serving sizes into a plastic bowl you can cover. You should get about 10 breakfasts out of this and it keeps for a while in the fridge. Prep time is about 1 hour, but 45 minutes of it is just cooking, so 15 minutes of work.

They heat up in the microwave in about 1 minute per serving. It gets you lots of protein and some carbs in the AM.
That actually sounds really good! If probably add some more veggies but that definitely sounds good!!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #114
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Ooops. I did forget a veggie, Bell Peppers. Reposted fully.

-Cook 2 1/2 pounds of ground turkey (Size I can get at Sam's Club) like hamburger meat and drain.
-Add 1 whole bunch of celery chopped up
-Add 6-8 Red potatoes chopped up
-Add 1 1/2 cup of chopped carrot
-Add two bell peppers chopped up (or other colors)
-Add Cyan Pepper to taste
-Add 1 carton of egg beaters / whites that were scrambled separately - I like the southwest version.

Cook on low on stove until the celery is tender mixing periodically.

Portion it with 1 1/2 cup serving sizes into a plastic bowl you can cover. You should get about 10 breakfasts out of this and it keeps for a while in the fridge. Prep time is about 1 hour, but 45 minutes of it is just cooking, so 15 minutes of work.

They heat up in the microwave in about 1 minute per serving. It gets you lots of protein and some carbs in the AM.

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #115
11BEE
11 BEE

I have determined a great new workout. Walk 3 miles into 25 mph winds on a beach. I can ride 100 miles on a bike, and that short walk was tiring.

11Bee and I♥My45th
Old 12-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #116
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
I have determined a great new workout. Walk 3 miles into 25 mph winds on a beach. I can ride 100 miles on a bike, and that short walk was tiring.
Walking/running on the beach is a rigerous workout especially if you're not used to it, your body has adapetd to the bike riding so it's not that difficult. This is why you stick with a routine long enough to get the benefits from it but not long enough for your body to adapt to it.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #117
11BEE
11 BEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Walking/running on the beach is a rigerous workout especially if you're not used to it, your body has adapetd to the bike riding so it's not that difficult. This is why you stick with a routine long enough to get the benefits from it but not long enough for your body to adapt to it.
I understand this, but I often forget about it. I cannot stop riding as I am committed to doing the UMCA Year Rounder Challenge in 2013. However, I need to figure out other workouts I can do while riding heavily. Any suggestions on here would be appreciated.

11Bee and I♥My45th
Old 12-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #118
CFD

Quote:
I understand this, but I often forget about it. I cannot stop riding as I am committed to doing the UMCA Year Rounder Challenge in 2013. However, I need to figure out other workouts I can do while riding heavily. Any suggestions on here would be appreciated.

Where as you ride quite a bit I would not add any aerobic (cardio) to your routine. I am a strong believer in weight training and it's benefits will also be evident in your riding ability.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #119
11BEE
11 BEE

I tore my rotator cup and bicep so I can't weight train right now. I was thinking of getting a stand up paddle board and using that for upper body and core workouts. Just paddle around the lake that is next to my house.

11Bee and I♥My45th
Old 12-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #120
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Well since no one has posted pictures I will.

First is a comparison of what I was when I graduated. 6 months of drinking on top of no workouts and my usual 275 playing weight ( I played college football) I steadily gained until I hit 302 at my largest.

Fast Forward 8 months to 250 ish.

Fast forward another 6 months and this is me at my "fitest" combo of strength and speed

and the suck in

Another Year and not a lot of progress, honestly I reaped the benefits of being smaller. Bars, girls, alcohol, everything you can name. Finally got serious about running and ended up here. At around 230 ish.

Mostly I am back up to 245 and do not have a current picture. However I am slowly working my way back down.

Figured I would give some motivation and be the first!
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #121
11BEE
11 BEE

Thanks for the pictures Driyac. Great job on your progress. I wish I was to the point of posing a picture without a shirt on.

In the spirit of your sharing, here is one that my wife and I put together showing our progress. It is a few months old and we are a bit thinner now. We really worked hard for 5 months, pushing one another for some fast results and we achieved them. We are continuing to push, but not trying for the 3-4 pounds a week weight loss. Our goal now is about 1 pound a week each.
Attached Images

11Bee and I♥My45th
Old 12-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #122
CFD

Mostly I am back up to 245 and do not have a current picture. However I am slowly working my way back down.

Figured I would give some motivation and be the first![/QUOTE]

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures Driyac. Great job on your progress. I wish I was to the point of posing a picture without a shirt on.

In the spirit of your sharing, here is one that my wife and I put together showing our progress. It is a few months old and we are a bit thinner now. We really worked hard for 5 months, pushing one another for some fast results and we achieved them. We are continuing to push, but not trying for the 3-4 pounds a week weight loss. Our goal now is about 1 pound a week each.

Good progress on all of you. Posting pics does help motivate people as well, they can see what can be done in the real world not tv land.

1-2 lbs weekly is considered ideal for long term fat loss.

I have posted my pic in the previous threads but am not as of now. I will be at the end of January for my 58th b-day. Like I said in the last thread, "wait till you see me at 58" so now I'm commited. lol
Old 12-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #123
11BEE
11 BEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post

Figured I would give some motivation and be the first!

Good progress on all of you. Posting pics does help motivate people as well, they can see what can be done in the real world not tv land.

1-2 lbs weekly is considered ideal for long term fat loss.

I have posted my pic in the previous threads but am not as of now. I will be at the end of January for my 58th b-day. Like I said in the last thread, "wait till you see me at 58" so now I'm commited. lol[/QUOTE]

Can't wait!

11Bee and I♥My45th
Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #124
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Pictures are very motivation, not just for others but for yourself. You see the change, you see what hard work can do and it helps push you further!

Today was leg day at Crossfit. Did very good, was very impressed with myself but I did tick my left calf off doing GHRs, so I've been stretching it once an hour.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #125
11BEE
11 BEE

Happy New Year Everyone!

11Bee and I♥My45th
Old 01-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #126
CFD

Quote:
Happy New Year Everyone!
So far, lol . Happy New year to all as well.