Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #393
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
^I do remember seeing that.

I think we can keep an eye on this thread to both keep the rumors to a minimum and propose what the Z28 might me. I'm sure from the Mods perspective, with all the increased traffic around here, they'd rather have one thread to monitor.

So, with that,

I know there is the blown test mule out there somewhere... But, I'm really interested in a Touring version, like the first gen Z28, without an LSA-like power plant. That would make it a much tougher decision between the ss and the Z28. I don't really need or want all the creature comforts. Of course I'd have to change my cutomization plans... Paint would definitely by out.... Interesting.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #394
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post

I think we can keep an eye on this thread to both keep the rumors to a minimum and propose what the Z28 might me. I'm sure from the Mods perspective, with all the increased traffic around here, they'd rather have one thread to monitor.

So, with that,

I know there is the blown test mule out there somewhere... But, I'm really interested in a Touring version, like the first gen Z28, without an LSA-like power plant. That would make it a much tougher decision between the ss and the Z28. I don't really need or want all the creature comforts. Of course I'd have to change my cutomization plans... Paint would definitely by out.... Interesting.

ok where's this test mule that had a supercharger on it? post up a vid or pic? I keep hearing about it but the only video i've seen referenced is a video in the mountains that was from two guys in a mustang that was supercharged. and people were swearing up and down that the camaro had the charger, but yea. . .

all I'm saying is convince me there's one out here.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #395
GTAHVIT
Blessed

It was verified by the guys who whent to the proving grounds in phoenix. They got a chance to talk to some of the drivers/engineers and they said one of the cars they were testing was supercharged. That seems to be the most credible source cited regarding the mysterious blown 5th gen.

I'll look for it and guote it here.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #396
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
It was verified by the guys who whent to the proving grounds in phoenix. They got a chance to talk to some of the drivers/engineers and they said one of the cars they were testing was supercharged. That seems to be the most credible source cited regarding the mysterious blown 5th gen.

I'll look for it and guote it here.
ok cool. I must have missed that some how.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #397
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokn' View Post
wow! awesome! kinda disappointed to hear about the supercharger, but that's just me. i prefer after-market s/c. oh well, good 2 hear about the weight! in a sense, this is a lot more valuable than pics! now the only question is: 3 engines? 4 turbo, 6, 8; 4 turbo, 6, 8 s/c; 6, 8, 8 s/c????? and just cuz they've seen those engines doesn't mean they will all make it to production. just my $.02
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprhead5 View Post
nice to have assurance on the supercharger. that model will sure to be marked up 10k for a year and low production. even if they make it large production I can't see it stickering for under 38k. seems like you didn't get too many answers out of em but I bet it was kick ass just getting to see em up close. If I recall the gt500 dosn't do all that well when it comes to dyno runs and track handling. so says top gear but clarkson is bias against american cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
diarmadhi, thank you for that very detailed write up!!! You are to be commended, sir!

Punchy, I can't even begin to thank you enough for putting forth this effort and taking these folks out for the tour. I mean really....that was very kind of you.

I could only imagine the great memories that were made today...vette ride doing 360's and drifting?? Dang! But, getting to see 3 black prepros out there!?! Now...why do ya'll think there was one completely covered up..... I'm guessing V6, V8, V8 SC...one for each black prepro. And...someone mentioned supercharger??? huh??? what have I been saying?!?!?! Something that really makes me happy is that Bluetooth... I could use that all the time. Ah....and that's what the thing was on the dash!!! A speaker! Cool deal....sounds like we are going to have some 5.1 surround sound in this bad boy. Did you see a label w/ type of speaker?

Guys, you all are so lucky...living out there and getting to take part in something as cool as this. And, as much as I'd like to see pix, thanks for being honest and respectful to Punchy. Congratulations, guys. And, it really is that much better in person!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinZS View Post
Great info!

This kinda talk leads me to think that we might be seeing a monster engine in the top end V8. CTS-V engine anyone???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Lucky bast*rds!

one word.. SUPERCHARGER!!

So, something noteworthy....

As I was searching this thread I found many posts referring to the supercharged GT-500 killer.... But, I can't find the quote anywhere. Now, Scott has recently said that they have been working on a Z28, in one of his many "The Z28 isn't dead" posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
........We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.

We don't talk about future products -- but what makes you think we haven't been doing work on something?????

I can't say more than that......other than:

"KEEP THE FAITH" --

I can't lie to you guys -- because if I do, I will have zero credibility......and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon -- you're stuck with my ugly mug.

My best guess, based on edited posts, is that GM asked for the original quote referring to the supercharged mule be removed shortly after it was posted.

Hopefully this isn't such a corporate secret anymore in light of Scott's quoted post above.

Oh yeah, here's one more relevant post from the proving grounds tour thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=19
Old 07-30-2008, 11:44 AM   #398
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

yea I know what Fbodfather has said. I just missed the whole supercharger actually confirmed thread.

only reason I'm still faithful about the Z is what fbodfather has said.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #399
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:

So, with that,

That exaclty states what I've been thinking but haven't really been able to articulate! I don't really want a stripped down racer, but I want something that is going to cruise nice, and kick the rear end out everytime I think about stepping on the skinny pedal. That was EXACTLY it.

Maybe we were separated at birth, LOL!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #400
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF View Post
I wish I was wrong! I will donate every one of my Camaro's to charity if I am not telling the truth!!! I know everyone wants proof, but proof gets people fired at GM! I want a 550 HP super charged car more tahan anyone on this forum but the 100% truth is it is dead!!!

i am waiting on an official word from scott.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #401
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
yea I know what Fbodfather has said. I just missed the whole supercharger actually confirmed thread.

only reason I'm still faithful about the Z is what fbodfather has said.
I'm totally with you. I just threw all that out there cus I thought it was interesting that GM wanted it removed... at least that's what it looks like.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #402
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post

LMAO
Old 07-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #403
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
That exaclty states what I've been thinking but haven't really been able to articulate! I don't really want a stripped down racer, but I want something that is going to cruise nice, and kick the rear end out everytime I think about stepping on the skinny pedal. That was EXACTLY it.

nope...triplets.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #404
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
nope...triplets.
Sweet. Good to see another brother in this whole deal

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:40 PM   #405
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
nope...triplets.

Nice!
Old 08-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #406
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Z28

I'm crushed too. I love the Z28. The SS is great for the top dog of other models past, present and future but for the Camaro its the Z28. Send letters, write blogs, email your congressman to BRING ME THE Z